Class of 2024 - Top Prospects in NYS Class of 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 Top Prospects in NYS Class of 2024

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Here is an early draft of my spreadsheet looking at the cream of the crop for NYS HS football for the class of 2024.

There are tabs on it for the classes of 2025 and 2026 as well.

It looks like another strong class, again mostly dominated by players from NYC and it surrounding areas. By my count, there are at least 15 players who already have major offers. Probably will end up with 25 or 30 by this time next year.

I will continue to update it as I process through different regional all star teams and review film.

Below is a new version, with a lot of updates I have made as I have found other players and reviewed their film. There are still some really good players with little or no film available but things have gotten a lot better on this front.

Best NYS Prospects in Classes of 2024, 2025 and 2026

Last edited:
It seems to me there have been a lot more NY players making names for themselves at the P5/G5 level than in the past. Some aren’t highly rated, or rated at all, but NY will never get any respect as a football hotbed. Just seems to be more talent lately.

Tyrone Davis from Cocoran HS #31 on list. Could Syracuse offer him a walk on and he still could get a full tuition scholarship as a city of Syracuse HS graduate? Definitely worth considering if Cuse has him rated as a B list guy?

Tyrone Davis from Cocoran HS #31 on list. Could Syracuse offer him a walk on and he still could get a full tuition scholarship as a city of Syracuse HS graduate? Definitely worth considering if Cuse has him rated as a B list guy?
I would like to Say Yes to this. Great program that one of my nieces has taken advantage of. I think 2 more are going to join her shortly...

Here is an early draft of my spreadsheet looking at the cream of the crop for NYS HS football for the class of 2024.

It looks like another strong class, again mostly dominated by players from NYC and it surrounding areas. By my count, there are at least 15 players who already have major offers. Probably will end up with 25 or 30 by this time next year.

I will continue to update it as I process through different regional all star teams and review film.

Below is a new version, with a lot of updates I have made as I have found other players and reviewed their film. There are still some really good players with little or no film available but things have gotten a lot better on this front.

For some reason the spreadsheet is blocked stating the owner has stopped sharing or that I don’t have permission to open it. Is this only available on the payside?

Attachments

• IMG_1937.png
    IMG_1937.png
    816.1 KB · Views: 74
For some reason the spreadsheet is blocked stating the owner has stopped sharing or that I don’t have permission to open it. Is this only available on the payside?
Not sure what happened. Try this link and let me know if it works for you…

I’ve mentioned him before but I’m surprised nobody is mentioning that Meier kid from Whitesboro. 1st team all-state, MV POY, 3,300 yards and 42 TDs in 10 games. Only reason I say it is because I saw him put 660 and 9 on Proctor. Pretty sure he has two or three FCS/Ivy level offers.

Last edited:
I’ve mentioned him before but I’m surprised nobody is mentioning that Meier kid from Whitesboro. 1st team all-state, MV POY, 3,300 yards and 42 TDs in 10 games. Only reason I mention it is because I saw him put 660 and 9 on Proctor. Pretty sure he has two or three FCS/Ivy level offers.
I tried searching the spreadsheet but the usual control/f didn't work. I don't see his name, but he looks like a good prospect that the staff is already aware of.

Good list. Kelvin Sheppard is under sized but will be higher on my list. TE/DL Marques Garrett from Fairport. Jeremiah Tucker of East high I like. There's others I'll add their names another time
money3189....Zymier Jackson from East High was mentioned last year. Not sure of his class year. Any thoughts?

money3189...Zymier Jackson from East High was mentioned last year. Not sure of his class year. Any thoughts?
Yes. He’s a 2024. He’s been workin hard. Training to improve his skills. He will be attending camps the next two months. Let’s see how he performs his senior year. He has schools that are interested. Particularly Fordham. Other FCS, D2’s and 3’s like some things about him. Some like him as an athlete but he can throw the ball.

Watched some film and added Meier to 2024 and the three players from the Rochester area Money mentioned as well. Thanks for the suggestions all.

While posting in this thread, I gotta say we are not doing well in NYS in 2024 at all. I think we had Monroe and White working the NYC area hard and when they left, we were stuck without any long term contacts.

It will be interesting to see if Minnesota is able to recruit NYS well in future years. I doubt it. This is a result of all the time and effort Nick put into the NYC/HV area while he was at Syracuse.

Hopefully Coach Campanile can make similar inroads in coming years. I think he can. Especially in NJ, where he is already making a big impact.

Watched some film and added Meier to 2024 and the three players from the Rochester area Money mentioned as well. Thanks for the suggestions all.

While posting in this thread, I gotta say we are not doing well in NYS in 2024 at all. I think we had Monroe and White working the NYC area hard and when they left, we were stuck without any long term contacts.

It will be interesting to see if Minnesota is able to recruit NYS well in future years. I doubt it. This is a result of all the time and effort Nick put into the NYC/HV area while he was at Syracuse.

Hopefully Coach Campanile can make similar inroads in coming years. I think he can. Especially in NJ, where he is already making a big impact.
Yes good point. Camp needs to work hard building those relationships now. Ehall has the majority of NYC's top prospects. Getting more involved with that school will help.

Feel like Jake Tripptree from Sayville deserves a spot. QB, 2k yarder. 26 TDs and 67% completion. Him and Kyle Messina should really dominate Long Island next year

It’s sad that we don’t make kids final four when they are legacy kids. We’re getting killed recruiting top kids in New York.

It’s sad that we don’t make kids final four when they are legacy kids. We’re getting killed recruiting top kids in New York.
If we don’t get a re commitment from Syair Cuse will not have a top 10 NYS kid this cycle. Won’t be a good look.

If we don’t get a re commitment from Syair Cuse will not have a top 10 NYS kid this cycle. Won’t be a good look.
Very frustrating. Need to kill it in NJ. Hope we can.

Agree. This staff has struggled to recruit players from NY and legacies too.

The portal has been a godsend.

Agree. This staff has struggled to recruit players from NY and legacies too.

The portal has been a godsend.
It is very disappointing but let's be honest with ourselves.

There is a very negative opinion and stigma on the university and football program throughout the state, and unfortunately that starts with a lot of parents and coaches, and seeps down to the kids.

Kids don't dream of Syracuse as a destination school.

It is very disappointing but let's be honest with ourselves.

There is a very negative opinion and stigma on the university and football program throughout the state, and unfortunately that starts with a lot of parents and coaches, and seeps down to the kids.

Kids don't dream of Syracuse as a destination school.
Can't argue with that. We need creative thinkers that can change that narrative. I am not that one lol. I do believe he is out there though.