Totally impressed by both teams tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Totally impressed by both teams tonight...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Man, what a great game for this new look conference! I know we all have liked to hate on Duke at one time or another in the past, and have taken our share of pot-shots at K, but I have nothing but respect for them on this night. And not just because we won. Both teams played their hearts out tonight. Those players gave us a game for the ages, one that lived up to the hype and beyond! Parker is just a scoring machine. He's gotta be the best pure scorer in all of college, and it's not close. This is not a great Duke team in the mold of past great teams, but it is a very good team that is loaded with talent. They played a gritty, tough game. No real cheap shots, ala Pitt. Just tough, in your face, defense. They gave everything and almost took the win.

And what can I say about our men in Orange? My gosh, who would have imagined us walking away from the court with a win after enduring 15 made threes to only 3 of our own? This was like the NCAA game against Wisconsin all over again. Tyler Ennis is not a freshman. He may not even be human. The poise that he showed tonight, the big shots he hit, the clutch free throws he knocked down...just WOW! Amazing does not begin to describe his ability on the court. Just as JB said in his presser, CJ became a different player tonight. He brought it to a new level. He played like a POY candidate and led this team when we needed to weather the storm. And Jerami Grant...OMG! This guy is a bonifide stud in the paint. He rebounds, blocks shots, and makes some very difficult shots in traffic. What's scary is that he's only scratching the surface of his potential. Our guys played their asses off tonight in what was probably their most complete game of the season. They had to play at the highest level on both sides of the ball to beat this Duke team tonight, and they delivered a stellar performance. Think about how important our 81% from the line was tonight. We shoot anything less, and it's a tough pill we're swallowing.

The officiating was solid, but obviously not perfect. But it certainly wasn't petty. They let the players make plays. I know most Duke fans will curse the Rodney Hood play in OT, but no ref is making that call in a game like this.

This Duke team is one of the 5 best teams in the country right now. I firmly believe that. No other conference this year will boast a game EVEN CLOSE to this one. Tonight John Swofford is sitting somewhere knowing the future of the ACC is bright. Tonight was about respect, and the ACC just earned back a ton.

Kudos to both teams. This was a blast.

I love this team.

They have Brave Hearts

they make William Wallace look like Greg Paulus.

Great post.
I can't believe Duke is ranked #17.
They are hitting their stride. if the conference was better they would be about 8 when it was all said and done.

that last duke trey in reg was a killer. i felt with the foul troubles that we would take them down in OT.
but keep in mind jabari parker only played 26 minutes of 45. still think he goes #1 in the draft. versatile.

This is not a great Duke team in the mold of past great teams, but it is a very good team that is loaded with talent. .

Good comments all.

That being said, wrt the above, I actually think that this Duke actually IS a great team. Their growth over the past few weeks has been nothing short of amazing.

Don't underestimate your team's accomplishment tonight. This has become a really, really, really good Duke team (one that I think has as much upside as any Duke team since '99), and I think it's going to go deep in March, just as Cuse will.

SU tonight proved that they are for real this season.
Duke gave us everything they had and we still ended up winning this game.
Gotta give props to JB - the consistency he's brought over the last 5 years with so many changes to the lineup each year, he just keeps getting better with age.

edowd26 said:
I love this team. They have Brave Hearts they make William Wallace look like Greg Paulus.

Hey, bad as Paulus was on the basketball court he was pretty good as a fifth year QB who hadn't set foot on a FB field for four years.

Hey, bad as Paulus was on the basketball court he was pretty good as a fifth year QB who hadn't set foot on a FB field for four years.
i was just trying to find a name synonymous with being a wuss... He definitely helped us out... but it can't erase all the basketball flops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom