Tough Season | Syracusefan.com

Tough Season

Orangezoo

In the wind
Hope the kids can finish out strong and maybe Jesse and Brycen get some more run to start playing for next year. NIT games will be good experience even if a dissappointment.

This one got away from the kids but given the heartbreak at Clemson, vs Duke and inability to hang on vs NC State and FSU the air was just out of the balloon. Even early on the only one who really was still spitting fire was Joe.

Really hoping we snag Tape. Get the youngsters some developmental time, see how they do in a post season tourney and let's get to next season and see if this class can be the one to start another positive run leading into the Dior class .

All good. Wasn’t expecting much this year besides a little fight, better shooting and improved defense. Didn’t get that last one but being over matched physically in 3/5 spots is kinda hard to overcome. They fought hard though and I think they’ve got a lot to build on.

Season was lost when we lost Eli against NC State.

Nope, it was the Clemson game. Downfall started there. We barely beat WF at home with a healthy Hughes - if anyone wasn't sure what this team is all about, that game should have removed all doubt.

I don’t think this collection of players is well suited to step up and replace Eli. My guess is we don’t suck as much non conference next year but the ACC play we struggle to get to .500.

We need one really good player he can either be a wing to directly replace Eli or a stud PG to shift JG3 to his natural position with Buddy at the 3

The internal options just aren’t that good. All great role players tho if we get another star.

Need a center for inside scoring and defense. Will need a sf to replace Hughes, but that alone won’t fix anything unless we have a center.

This is a nice philosophical thread which I didn’t expect when I ventured on here. You know, Duke got crushed by NC State. This is a weird year for ACC basketball. I am hoping we can catch a little fire for the end of our season and maybe win two games in the ACCT. I mean, why not hope for that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom