Tough vs Soft | Syracusefan.com

Tough vs Soft

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
The biggest difference between 2018 and 2019 isn't just Dungey's skillset, it's the toughness he brought the entire team that everyone emulated.

This team is soft at every position. Too much preening and "La famiglia" and bullshite and softness. This team isn't tough. We've been outtoughed by every P5 team. It's sad.

I'm the biggest optimist there is, but the transformation of this team from tough to soft is depressing, not sure we have any wins left in the tank.

The biggest difference between 2018 and 2019 isn't just Dungey's skillset, it's the toughness he brought the entire team that everyone emulated.

This team is soft at every position. Too much preening and "La famiglia" and bullshite and softness. This team isn't tough. We've been outtoughed by every P5 team. It's sad.

I'm the biggest optimist there is, but the transformation of this team from tough to soft is depressing, not sure we have any wins left in the tank.
So true. And then you have someone like Antwan Cordy that I have loved his entire time here and instead of wrapping up a running back coming through the line he leads with his shoulder and tries to make the big pop. Completely whiffs, guy runs for 20 yards.

Cisco makes two amazing plays on defense, then they give up 20 yards on third down. This team loves the splash but doesn't make the plays that win football games.

I honestly thought people were insane after last week when they were saying we wouldn't win another game. Looking at the way this team is playing, I think 3-9 is incredibly likely. Blame the players, blame the coaches, blame everyone. There's enough of it to go around.

I liked the family videos, dont think they have any issues with struggles. The offensinve line was not good last year either, but ED apparently covered it up. Little things make a big difference, but I’m not going to trash the kids for being soft. They need something positive to turn it around and that ain’t coming from the oline unless there’s a miracle

Yeah I think they’re showing some toughness, whether they win or lose...

I don’t see vocal leaders on either side of the ball

It should be Alton on defense but that’s non existent much like his play at end (props to Kendall Coleman) for actually getting in the backfield

on offense you would think a guy like Moe Neal but I’ve not seen it

this team needs leaders and direction, right now we have neither

I don’t see vocal leaders on either side of the ball

It should be Alton on defense but that’s non existent much like his play at end (props to Kendall Coleman) for actually getting in the backfield

on offense you would think a guy like Moe Neal but I’ve not seen it

this team needs leaders and direction, right now we have neither
Neal needs to replace Riley as a receiver. We get nothing out of the small receivers.

I think it is talent more than being soft, but talented lines are strong and physical. We don’t have that and our RBs were not as talented as Pitt’s. Basic football — blocking, running can set up other things. You lack that — you probably are not winning.

I liked the family videos, dont think they have any issues with struggles. The offensinve line was not good last year either, but ED apparently covered it up. Little things make a big difference, but I’m not going to trash the kids for being soft. They need something positive to turn it around and that ain’t coming from the oline unless there’s a miracle

Last years OL was still WAY better than this.

We are not physical. We do not play with intensity. We are not big enough or strong enough or quick enough on the OL and the DL.

We have a lot of work to do.

i think the d is pretty tough--they play 80% of the game

We are not physical. We do not play with intensity. We are not big enough or strong enough or quick enough on the OL and the DL.

We have a lot of work to do.
True, for the OL, although Adams and Davis are big enough. Hackett is a versatile TE but not the biggest TE by far.

On the DL, the starting DEs are good and we have depth with Jonathan and Berry. Black and Ruff are quick enough at DT - ideally you would want a bigger, stronger NT like last year to provide that extra element of physicality. Given what we have — the effort is there. Don’t think is it right to confuse physical talent (we aren’t overwhelming) with “intensity”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom