Class of 2017 - Transfer CJ Bryce to NC State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Transfer CJ Bryce to NC State

Is he allowed to transfer to State? May be looking to follow Keatts.

I didn't realize he was a sit out I feel stupid for getting hype af

He would have to sit as well but Bryce is a stud.

I have no problem taking a transfer like Bryce who was first team CAA and can score over a project from ECU who is the same size and can't shoot.
Who says he cannot shoot? Oh, that's you.
Alsace, you're one of my favorite posters, but you tend to make these grand declarations. This kid Hughes will likely never be a great shooter, but he will be at least average. I'd project slighly better than average. Look at his stroke. It's smooth. This kid is going to be an asset to the program if we pull the trigger (and he accepts).

Did you want to run Demetris Nichols or Cooney or Jonny Flynn out of CNY at various times during their careers?

Let's let the kid use the year of development to his advantage and let the sample size become somewhat legit.

Who says he cannot shoot? Oh, that's you.
Alsace, you're one of my favorite posters, but you tend to make these grand declarations. This kid Hughes will likely never be a great shooter, but he will be at least average. I'd project slighly better than average. Look at his stroke. It's smooth. This kid is going to be an asset to the program if we pull the trigger (and he accepts).

Did you want to run Demetris Nichols or Cooney or Jonny Flynn out of CNY at various times during their careers?

Let's let the kid use the year of development to his advantage and let the sample size become somewhat legit.
Hughes and Bryce are the same height.
Hughes shot 36% from the field and 25% from 3pt range.
Sorry I am not interested in this project who wasn't highly recruited and wasn't any thing special at ECU.

Bryce has shot 54% from the field and 35% from 3.
Bryce is a Sophomore and Hughes is a freshman.

Bryce is so much a better an option it's not close. I would rather eat the scholarship for 2018 than waste one on Hughes.

Sorry I am not interested in this project who wasn't highly recruited and wasn't any thing special at ECU.

Bryce is so much a better an option it's not close. I would rather eat the scholarship for 2018 than waste one on Hughes.
You can make that argument without misrepresenting Hughes.

You can make that argument without misrepresenting Hughes.
Overall Hughes shot 43% from the field and 27% from 3 pt range.

If you want to correct me over minuscule difference go ahead.

Hughes hopefully doesn't come here. I would actually want Bryce.

So you projection is singularly based on field goal percentage ... in conference games ... in an inferior league? Seems like a sound argument.

So you projection is singularly based on field goal percentage ... in conference games ... in an inferior league? Seems like a sound argument.
Hughes wasn't an allconference player in an inferior league.

Bryce was first team all conference.

I think that matters. Like a lot.
Hughes is a project. Bryce is not a project.

Not sure the likelihood a North Carolina native that chose to initially play college ball in his home state transfers 12 hours away to play in a conference against his former coach. This looks like a long shot, more of a no shot.

Let's say we live in a world where players can't leave early. Who would you rather have for the next four years: Michael Porter or Kevin Knox?

Let's say we live in a world where players can't leave early. Who would you rather have for the next four years: Michael Porter or Kevin Knox?
Porter.

However I concede this is subjective as it would depend on the teams roster construction.

Knox could be a better fit with a team that has a solid PF/C.

Porter is the better NBA prospect.

Bryce vs. Hughes isn't the same though.

Porter.

However I concede this is subjective as it would depend on the teams roster construction.

Knox could be a better fit with a team that has a solid PF/C.

Porter is the better NBA prospect.

Bryce vs. Hughes isn't the same though.
I would take Porter right now for sure. The thing is, Knox hasn't been playing basketball for that long and is still raw, while Porter comes from a basketball family and probably started learning the game when he could crawl. And yet, Porter is the best HS senior in the country and Knox isn't that far behind at #9. I think it's safe to say Knox has a higher ceiling. Porter's a known commodity, though, and there's little risk involved.

While I don't know enough about Bryce and Hughes to say this is a perfect analogy, perhaps Hughes has more upside (plus the additional year). I would still prefer Bryce, I just wouldn't dismiss Hughes entirely.

BTW, I am not arguing for or against Bryce (and it does not appear that we are going to get him anyhow). My point was that your declaration that Hughes cannot shoot is ridiculous. You can like Bryce more than Hughes, for whatever reason you'd like (even with flawed metrics, arbitrary parameters and ridiculously small sample sizes), but that does not mean that Hughes cannot shoot.

It just does not. I've used "on" you before, but Willie Mays (whose birthday is today) started his big league career 1-for-23. And you would have traded him.

BTW, I am not arguing for or against Bryce (and it does not appear that we are going to get him anyhow). My point was that your declaration that Hughes cannot shoot is ridiculous. You can like Bryce more than Hughes, for whatever reason you'd like (even with flawed metrics, arbitrary parameters and ridiculously small sample sizes), but that does not mean that Hughes cannot shoot.

It just does not. I've used "on" you before, but Willie Mays (whose birthday is today) started his big league career 1-for-23. And you would have traded him.
This just sounds like you're trying really hard to get excited about the mediocre players we've been bringing in.

Could they turn out to be more than mediocre? Absolutely! But we only have their numbers, tape and scouting reports to go off of.

This just sounds like you're trying really hard to get excited about the mediocre players we've been bringing in.

Could they turn out to be more than mediocre? Absolutely! But we only have their numbers, tape and scouting reports to go off of.
Not true. From what I have seen and read (and to be honest, it is not all that much), I think that Hughes has a ton of tools. He's very athletic and mature. That easy to project on defense. Less so on offense. But combining that athleticism with a solid stroke, I see him as a very desirable prospect offensively. Is he going to be a first team All ACC selection? Maybe not. But I can see him being a starter for us for at least a couple of years. That's value. No sure it all comes to pass, but don't sleep on this kid.

I am gonna stop now, especially considering that is the Bryce thread.

Acting like he is worlds above Hughes when he averaged 10 as a freshman. Didn't even hit 1 in any other category. He's a good player, no doubt.

Hughes is legit too when you watch him play. He wants to be back in the NY/NJ area it seems after having a solid year as a freshman. With Bryce it doesn't seem like there's interest from either side.

Disrespecting Elijah is just pointless. I like the kid's game myself. He's more than welcome in my eyes, but to each their own. Would love him for three years, and having basically two years of experience. Wrong thread, but this thread is pointless anyway as he isn't coming here. I hope Elijah does though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom