Class of 2023 - Transfer Portal Rankings | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 Transfer Portal Rankings

Just wait. Still have 4-7 slots when everything shakes out to fill.

Thinking we will be surprised / happy with some of our later additions
Would love to hear some names being looked at, hopefully some visits are being scheduled. Given the portal success so far this class, gotta think we will land a few more higher talent, higher ceiling players.
With 4 to 7 slots I could see a RB with some size, another WR, a TE, aCB for depth and maybe another oline player.

Would love to hear some names being looked at, hopefully some visits are being scheduled. Given the portal success so far this class, gotta think we will land a few more higher talent, higher ceiling players.
With 4 to 7 slots I could see a RB with some size, another WR, a TE, aCB for depth and maybe another oline player.

Sign me up for that breakdown.

Especially if the WR, TE, OL, and CB come in ready to play / enhance the two-deep.

I wouldn’t mind a FB either. Really wonder how much a healthy Elmore would have helped this year.

TCU Coach Sonny Dykes basically said he has built that program with the portal. We could follow that model.
The thing to keep in mind about TCU and what Dykes says about it is that his core players were stats that were underutilized and constrained in Patterson’s system. Dykes freed everything up and let the playmakers make plays. With the portal he focused on improving depth and plugged the few holes they had (on OL and LB) with transfers that we borderline starters. Their transfers were not big names but had the right attitude, a chip on their shoulder, and outplayed their rating.

Plugging holes and adding depth is the name of the game with the portal. Weird….same way the NFL uses free agency. Expect schools in the top 20-50 range to focus HS recruiting on their core starters and high risk / high reward from here on out while being active in the portal.

Stupid system. UVA ranked higher with 4 3 starts SU has 1 4 star 3 3 stars and one extra player. Shows the absurdity of composite rankings
Also a reminder of the importance of coaching. Look at the Giants in the NFL this year. Good coaches in football matter more than most sports.

Also a reminder of the importance of coaching. Look at the Giants in the NFL this year. Good coaches in football matter more than most sports.
I guess rookie defenders playing like all pros don’t matter and haBing a healthy RB and better line play and all that?

I guess rookie defenders playing like all pros don’t matter and haBing a healthy RB and better line play and all that?
At risk and of going off topic, while those things are true, Dabols influence is very tangible. His ability to put less talented players in positions to succeed, the overall competence, the play calling, the clock management, the ability to consistently get plays in on time, penalties, ball security, are all things the GMen have struggled mightily with until this year. Those things are directly related to coaching.

Also Jacksonville. Two QBs who were “busts” with prior coaches.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom