Transfer Portal up to 446 players now | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Portal up to 446 players now

College basketball is broken and losing fans due to 1 & done players, transfers and the pro game. Good players don't give a rats a** about an education and that is a major issue with me. Do these 1/ 2 yrs and done players even attend classes?

College basketball is broken and losing fans due to 1 & done players, transfers and the pro game. Good players don't give a rats a** about an education and that is a major issue with me. Do these 1/ 2 yrs and done players even attend classes?
I'm almost ok with the 1 and dones as the majority of them are expected, Ennis being an exception. I think more debilitating and certainly has been the case for us is the guys that actually develop for a year and then bolt after the 2nd year before they could become stars in year 3.

And another thing...
In the bad old days (from where my kind come) you could count on an Alcindor, Walton, Ewing, Coleman etc. to stick around for 3 if not 4 years. With a guy like Zion Williamson you knew he was just “spit on the griddle.“ It’s hard to develop continuity and a fan base when the roster turns over so quickly. I cant keep track - Lydon 2 yrs, Ennis, McCullough et al. One and done we’re once novel. Now if they have a masterful eight minute stretch in the NCAA’s (Richardson) they’re off to greener pastures.
Not having a tournament this year doesn’t help much either.

College basketball sucks goat testicles now. It is dying a slow death. Blow it up and start fresh. They’ve got nothing to lose.

Ban the top 100 players from college ball.
Reinstitute mandatory freshman teams.
Outlaw both dunking and three-point shots.

Give JAB back his wins.

That should fix it! ;)

Ban the top 100 players from college ball.
Reinstitute mandatory freshman teams.
Outlaw both dunking and three-point shots.

Give JAB back his wins.

That should fix it! ;)
Well, it's a start. ;)

Alterique Gilbert as backup PG? Lololol.
khaled el-amin's kid is available, too. not a point, an undersized two, but good shooting numbers and all we are really looking for is a 4th guard for practice and emergency. we want kadary to get all the availabel backup guard minutes

We should just put all the portal names on ping pong balls, throw all that into a giant blender to then have coaches or ADs go draw on the balls and the kids have to go where they are drawn.

Feel like we have to go after a kid named Frankie Hughes. Maybe he ends up having the D up top of Howard, and the scoring/shooting ability of Eli. 6’4 guard to be our emergency 4th.

Do you really care if they do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom