Transfer Thread | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Thread

JeremyCuse

Living Legend
Can use this as our one stop shop for the upcoming transfer season both in and out of the program.

Nothing huge yet but hearing more rumblings about Ierlan as first reported by Laxsummit, that would be the most unexpected transfer I can recall if it actually comes to fruition.

Someone over at Laxpower posted about Albany trying to entice Staats and or Oakes from OCC. I still think its SU or the pros for Staats but something to keep an eye on for sure.

Irelan where? To Cuse?

Maybe Cornell where his younger brother is playing goalie this upcoming season? That would suck. With their offensive players they would be a force.

Irelan where? To Cuse?

Maybe Cornell where his younger brother is playing goalie this upcoming season? That would suck. With their offensive players they would be a force.

Ierlan was rumored to be joining his bro at Cornell.

Irelan where? To Cuse?

Yes Cornell, still seems like a long shot at best but I have heard the rumor a few more times now thought since it was first mentioned here so somethings up.

So the Ierlan rumors are really picking up steam and were apparently referenced by Quint K in a recent podcast (without mentioning the actual name). A couple of posters at laxpower are now mentioning us as a possible destination as well for Ierlan. While I would love for that to be true, Cornell would appear to be the most logical destination at this point, him and Teat together, yikes.

Expect to hear a good amount of transfer stuff over the next 4-6 weeks, I suspect SU could lose a number of players and based on our recent track record its possible one could be high profile but hopefully not.

Hopefully not Mellen or Trimboli.

If someone wants to come in, I won't be upset.

Seems like its definitely legit at this point, good catch OX. I hope the other isn't a Syracuse guy, a little concerned about a certain midfielder.

Trim was only Honorable Mention. I don't think that would be MAJOR.

Seems like its definitely legit at this point, good catch OX. I hope the other isn't a Syracuse guy, a little concerned about a certain midfielder.
Would a 3rd team AA or HM AA be considered a MAJOR transfer?

Edit: OX beat me to it. :confused:

Trim was only Honorable Mention. I don't think that would be MAJOR.

Ya I guess thats true. Do you have the list I can review it and see if anyone stands out besides Ierlan.

Would a 3rd team AA or HM AA be considered a MAJOR transfer?

Edit: OX beat me to it. :confused:

Perhaps, if your talking about a true Sophmore middie from Syracuse I think that would quality but if were comparing that to an Ierlan then no way. Interesting that this breaks the day a couple people mentioned Syracuse as a possible transfer spot for Ierlan, seems unlikely but man would that be great. Albany is screwed.

If you go under the assumption its a first team guy there's not much there as most are seniors or guys who you think are unlikely to leave. Only potential 1st team option in mind if its not a defensive guy would be Aitken or Brad Smith but I can't see either of those guys leaving to be honest.

The second team offensive guys give some more options. Sowers, Costabile, MacKay (if hes not a SR), could be possibilities especially a guy like Sowers. Now if its a D guy it could be almost anyone except Mellen :)

If you go under the assumption its a first team guy there's not much there as most are seniors or guys who you think are unlikely to leave. Only potential 1st team option in mind if its not a defensive guy would be Aitken or Brad Smith but I can't see either of those guys leaving to be honest.

The second team offensive guys give some more options. Sowers, Costabile, MacKay (if hes not a SR), could be possibilities especially a guy like Sowers. Now if its a D guy it could be almost anyone except Mellen :)

Maybe Arceri is tired of State Penn?

Maybe Arceri is tired of State Penn?

Two high end faceoff guys on the market would be very interesting. He was a third team guy though so that opens up a lot more possibilities. That would be an enormous loss for PSU.

I'm posting this so I can get "alerted" to any news.

Any legit possibility that a high end players see playing time if they transfered in?

Would love to hear any of the rumor players to leave cuse. Hoping to keep dord, curry, and trimbo, along with lipka and Quinn and a couple others.

And like someone said in the recruiting thread there's gonna be a ton of players on the team next year...

Any legit possibility that a high end players see playing time if they transfered in?

Would love to hear any of the rumor players to leave cuse. Hoping to keep dord, curry, and trimbo, along with lipka and Quinn and a couple others.

And like someone said in the recruiting thread there's gonna be a ton of players on the team next year...

The only positions that realistically a transfer could come in and see major minutes at SU would be at faceoff or Attack. You could make an argument for goalie as well but I don't see that

Just click the 'Watch' button at the top of every thread. You'll get alerts anytime anyone posts, just as if you had posted in the thread.

1528149653407.png

Pure SPECULATION on this one , repeat pure speculation -which honestly should not be on forums however ...since some offensive names have already been mentioned, the one offensive player mentioned that catches my attention for any speculation is Constabile since ND and Corrigan aint for everyone ie Garnsey, think Constabile was MIA in one Duke game for unknown reasons , Maryland is not ACC and they are willing to immediately start transfers if they can play and they need to replace mids Kelly and Rotanz. Constablie to boot is a Maryland native like Winaskaus

We were in running but unfortunately appears Big Red has eased us out once again