Transfer Windows closes | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Windows closes

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Crazy last day, with Arsenal stocking up like crazy. At least we know that Wenger isn't senile, and it showed in the way he racked up new players since that 8-2 beat down.

I'm a Chelsea fan and am glad that they didn't wind up hideously over-paying for Modric, who I think is good, but not that unique. Seems like AVB got too tied up in negotiations with Spurs and with Porto, who also stiffed him. Very happy we could get Meireles for just cash from Liverpool and that they didn't give up Sturridge. He scored 4 goals in 7 part-time appearances in pre-season, and is their most athletic striker. Put him up front with Torres and Mata and that's a very nice attack force. Chelsea have to start working those younger guys into the lineup, though.

When Villas-Boas played them in preseason, it kept everyone on their toes. But once the regular season started, it was back to the same old 11. Lampard needs to become a part time player, and now that they have added a couple more guys who can play attacking midfield, they have enough quality to sit him once in a while. AVB should look at Man U - Fergie signed all these young players AND HE PLAYS THEM. AVB signed all these new players - and loaned half of them away.

To me right now, the 2 Manchester clubs are the class of the league, with Chelsea and Liverpool fighting for third. Liverpool is a little weak in their back 4, so I think Chelsea is ahead of them for now. Although Terry and Alex have been a little inconsistent so far. Can't wait until Luiz comes back from his tendinitis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom