Travel Board | Syracusefan.com

Travel Board

HOw about a place to post about foreign travel. Share info, give tips. A place where travel groups might form.
I travel quite a bit so I would probably visit it. But, in the same realm, how about a real off topic board, that is just that, minus any politics. Travel could be incorporated into it. Along with restaurant suggestions, hotels. Even if you needed a plumber or a roofer suggestions. Where else would you post that.

Would love it. BTW - my son leaves for Spain Sunday. Any must sees

Leaving Sunday on Royal Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. I’m ready

Just returned from Iceland. Worlds worst weather. So windy that there are no freakin trees. flying over the N pole temps outside got to -83. Doors on plane frozen shut when landed.

That’d be better for a running thread until there was enough interest.

BF83D35E-A7B9-4F9B-BA5B-A2E755235C09.jpeg
Off the coast of Cuba. Being followed by NCL

Just returned from Iceland. Worlds worst weather. So windy that there are no freakin trees. flying over the N pole temps outside got to -83. Doors on plane frozen shut when landed.
What a weird airport. Barren area. Food sucks. People from all over the world stopping in on their northern route to wherever. Kind of relaxed - you know what time your flight leaves - we're not announcing it.

Nice. Where r u going ? What ship?

Cheap one since we’re taking 5 people. Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. No airfare. Just doing the Bahamas. Nassau (for the 6th time), Freeport (for the 4th time) and a private island. But we don’t care. Any cruise to anywhere is just fine by us. Did RCL last spring.

Just booked my honeymoon in May. Going to Germany, Czech Republic, and Denmark. If anyone has been and has ideas or suggestions - my ears are open!

What a weird airport. Barren area. Food sucks. People from all over the world stopping in on their northern route to wherever. Kind of relaxed - you know what time your flight leaves - we're not announcing it.
Iceland is great, especially if you get out away from Reykjavik . Unfortunately they went on an all out tourist blitz after the financial crash and have faaaaaar outpaced their infrastructure.

Just booked my honeymoon in May. Going to Germany, Czech Republic, and Denmark. If anyone has been and has ideas or suggestions - my ears are open!

I'll check with my niece about Denmark. She spent a semester studying abroad there a couple of years ago.

I'll check with my niece about Denmark. She spent a semester studying abroad there a couple of years ago.

Thank you. Think we'll be in Copenhagen area for 3 days. Willing to travel around obvs.

How many days will you be in the Czech Republic? I was there for 11 days in September 2016. You can see the highlights of Prague in about 3 days.

Iceland is great, especially if you get out away from Reykjavik . Unfortunately they went on an all out tourist blitz after the financial crash and have faaaaaar outpaced their infrastructure.
maybe so, but not in the dead of winter. Weather was designed by Dante. The wind does't gust, it just howls, like being at sea in a storm. $90 for two meager fish and chips, one beer and a 4 shrimp appetizer. However, the Icelandic Air Lounge is over the top, free booze of all kinds, wonderful pastries, plush lounge chairs. Too bad they do not run any semblance of a real schedule. Made me miss connections coming and going. They freely issue hotel vouchers. Can't imagine that the airline cares one wit about solvency. One flight was delayed for 23 hours with no reason given. Iceland is nothing if it isn't off the grid.

Cheap one since we’re taking 5 people. Carnival Pride out of Baltimore. No airfare. Just doing the Bahamas. Nassau (for the 6th time), Freeport (for the 4th time) and a private island. But we don’t care. Any cruise to anywhere is just fine by us. Did RCL last spring.

I did this trip with my family (2 adult children) a couple of years ago. It was my first cruise for pleasure, and it turned out to be a lot more enjoyable and relaxed (low impact) than I expected. Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (where we were provided a nice beach barbeque) were picture-postcard gorgeous. The terminal area in Freeport is not attractive, but we took a $5 bus trip to Lucaya, which was better. We spent most of the time at this beach bar. My son and daughter did scuba excursions, and said the one in Freeport was the best.

freeport-beach-restaurant-lucaya-bahamas-cfh1en.jpg

I did this trip with my family (2 adult children) a couple of years ago. It was my first cruise for pleasure, and it turned out to be a lot more enjoyable and relaxed (low impact) than I expected. Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay (where we were provided a nice beach barbeque) were picture-postcard gorgeous. The terminal area in Freeport is not attractive, but we took a $5 bus trip to Lucaya, which was better. We spent most of the time at this beach bar. My son and daughter did scuba excursions, and said the one in Freeport was the best.

freeport-beach-restaurant-lucaya-bahamas-cfh1en.jpg

Absolutely love that route on the Pride. But it’s not the week our kids are on spring break so we did the less fun Nassau one. I think they rotate them ever other week. Favorite spot on the one is Margaritaville where they have the swim up bar.

Mods - what do they think about a travel board?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom