Travel Board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Travel Board

Uhhhh. Does it need to just be foreign? Can it be interstate/outta state as well?

There are no trees because the Viking cut them down. They have been trying to establish them for many years with little success.

Just returned from Iceland. Worlds worst weather. So windy that there are no freakin trees. flying over the N pole temps outside got to -83. Doors on plane frozen shut when landed.

Some details are warranted; in the winter the wind does not gust, it is a steady blow, the rain is horizontal and black ice covers the sidewalks. The best refuge is the sweater co-op downtown. The sweaters are hand made and lush and piled high. Every Icelandic grandmother knits sweaters. Plenty of tourists come to Iceland all year long. It sits right on the spreading zone of the mid-Atlantic plates. Hot springs all over the place. Food prices are ridiculous. A very minimalist dinner will set you back close to $100. Strange place but the female flight attendants are gorgeous and the Icelandic Air boardroom is deservedly well-known - open bar, luxurious lounge chairs, groaning platters of pastries and chocolates. If anyone believes that the lack of trees is due to the Vikings I have a bridge to sell.

I think it is well documented.

Some details are warranted; in the winter the wind does not gust, it is a steady blow, the rain is horizontal and black ice covers the sidewalks. The best refuge is the sweater co-op downtown. The sweaters are hand made and lush and piled high. Every Icelandic grandmother knits sweaters. Plenty of tourists come to Iceland all year long. It sits right on the spreading zone of the mid-Atlantic plates. Hot springs all over the place. Food prices are ridiculous. A very minimalist dinner will set you back close to $100. Strange place but the female flight attendants are gorgeous and the Icelandic Air boardroom is deservedly well-known - open bar, luxurious lounge chairs, groaning platters of pastries and chocolates. If anyone believes that the lack of trees is due to the Vikings I have a bridge to sell.

I think it is well documented.
LOL
There is a well documented bridge to Brooklyn. I can get you a special deal. Please contact me.
Anyone who has ever been to the Aleutian Islands or Iceland knows why these islands have no trees. It is well documented that the weather suks; the rain drains the soils, the temp is too cool for organic decomposition and the wind never quits. Pardon me, maybe the Vikings also cut down the Aleutian trees.
You do know that the Vikings were 1,000 years ago and there are still no trees in Iceland. Those wily Vikings must have left a night brigade on the Island. After midnight they cut the trees down and burn the stumps so that no trace is left. It is well documented that the reason for the lack of trees is this residual Viking night brigade. It has nothing to do with the N. Atlantic climate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom