Tre Jones returning to Duke for sophomore season | Syracusefan.com

Tre Jones returning to Duke for sophomore season

But all the pretty Zion, Cam and Barrett gild is leaving.

His inevitable drop in draft stock is already sounding like a stuka.

Wasn’t really impressed at all with him this year
I admittedly didn't watch a whole lot of him until the end of this season, but I was only really that impressed with him in the game at Cameron before he got hurt, and the VA Tech NCAA game.

I wonder if they wish they didn’t push Duvall out.

Tre hurt them more than he helped this year IMO. He would’ve been better off as a guy you bring off the bench to spark you with hustle and use his 5 fouls and hope he gets away with a few(because for some reason, he often does).

I wonder if they wish they didn’t push Duvall out.

Tre hurt them more than he helped this year IMO. He would’ve been better off as a guy you bring off the bench to spark you with hustle and use his 5 fouls and hope he gets away with a few(because for some reason, he often does).
That's funny, I already completely forgot about Duval. "The Brotherhood"... You'll be over-recruited and forced out, or get your money back guaranteed!

Next year will be a real let down for him seeing that Duke will be ineligible for post-season play due to their self-reporting their in-house investigation of that thing going on with Zion's mom.

If they don’t land hurt or Watford there no where near an elite team same with unc if they don’t get achuiwa and anthony

I was only impressed with him against us down there and I think we contributed to that success more than him. He got more hype than he deserved because of his brother and DUKE.

As someone who misses legit point guard play, I’d take him.

Jason Hart couldn’t shoot either, but he was a catalyst. Kid is a solid player.

Catalyst?

Most of their offense ran through Barrett once teams figured out he couldn’t shoot and he was a worse shooter than Hart by far.

He’s the most overrated Duke player in recent memory.

He can't shoot and doesn't pass well enough to play at the next level. Zion opened up the offense for everyone.

It is always helpful to have people back but he is not a good shooter or good distributor. He is a good on the ball defender. Vernon Carey is good but they are going to have issues next year because they will need to run an inside out offense but they don't have a lot of shooters.

Here is MN, everyone including the Jones' family has said that Trey is going to a better player than his brother Tyus. Trey was a scorer and much better shooter in high school than he showed his freshmen year. Trey was fine shooting from the free throw line and in this year but you could tell he had zero confidence in his 3 point shot. I expect Trey to work hard improving his 3 point shot this offseason and wouldn't be surprised if he makes an All-ACC team next year. I think everyone on this thread is underestimating how good Trey can be next year.

Here is MN, everyone including the Jones' family has said that Trey is going to a better player than his brother Tyus. Trey was a scorer and much better shooter in high school than he showed his freshmen year. Trey was fine shooting from the free throw line and in this year but you could tell he had zero confidence in his 3 point shot. I expect Trey to work hard improving his 3 point shot this offseason and wouldn't be surprised if he makes an All-ACC team next year. I think everyone on this thread is underestimating how good Trey can be next year.

I think he is who he is.

He shot 24% from 3 in AAU play before he went to Duke.

Howard Pulley (MN) - 2017 NIKE EYBL - Roster - #3 - Tre Jones - G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom