Trill vs Cisco | Syracusefan.com

Trill vs Cisco

Dino-saur

Walk On
Man I need Syracuse football back.

Anyone else get juiced up when Sean McDonough says "they bring pressure again and the throw is intercepted" in the Trill highlight tape below?
Trill Highlights:
won't let me post the link for some reason, but search vimeo.com and then put /325773752 after it

On a different note, I believe that even though Cisco received All-American honors that Trill Williams had a better campaign. Trill's Clemson interception was in death valley and he flashed amazing ball skills on the biggest stage. He also flashed amazing playmaking skills on special teams and his hard hitting.

Cisco is going to be an amazing 3-4 year player for us, but Trill reminds me of Tanard Jackson. A quick glimpse back at Cisco's highlights show that most of his interceptions were tips that felt straight into his had and he blew a fair amount of coverage early in the season (I get he was a true freshmen) particularly against Western Michigan. He also was somewhat shaky tackling.
Cisco Highlights:
"The Best Safety In College Football" || Andre Cisco Regular Season Syracuse Highlights 18 19

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy we have both. Just a friendly thread. Wondering if I'm crazy to think Trill will be better and has a higher ceiling (for the record I think both could be drafted).

Man I need Syracuse football back.

Anyone else get juiced up when Sean McDonough says "they bring pressure again and the throw is intercepted" in the Trill highlight tape below?
Trill Highlights:
won't let me post the link for some reason, but search vimeo.com and then put /325773752 after it

On a different note, I believe that even though Cisco received All-American honors that Trill Williams had a better campaign. Trill's Clemson interception was in death valley and he flashed amazing ball skills on the biggest stage. He also flashed amazing playmaking skills on special teams and his hard hitting.

Cisco is going to be an amazing 3-4 year player for us, but Trill reminds me of Tanard Jackson. A quick glimpse back at Cisco's highlights show that most of his interceptions were tips that felt straight into his had and he blew a fair amount of coverage early in the season (I get he was a true freshmen) particularly against Western Michigan. He also was somewhat shaky tackling.
Cisco Highlights:
"The Best Safety In College Football" || Andre Cisco Regular Season Syracuse Highlights 18 19

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy we have both. Just a friendly thread. Wondering if I'm crazy to think Trill will be better and has a higher ceiling (for the record I think both could be drafted).
No idea who's more talented, but he had 7 ints, no matter how you slice it... that's pretty damn impressive.

The young talent in the secondary is just bonkers... there will always be an element of luck in int’s, but, there’s not in putting yourself in position. I’m not talking about always being in your correct position, but, smelling the ball.

Some people just have a gift for it. It would appear as if Cisco is one of them. Luck or not, 7 is 7.

As far as physical abilities go, Trill’s got ‘em for days. Trill, Cisco and Iffy in the secondary is just straight nasty. Ultra-talented, tit for tat on par with just about anyone.

The young talent in the secondary is just bonkers... there will always be an element of luck in int’s, but, there’s not in putting yourself in position. I’m not talking about always being in your correct position, but, smelling the ball.

Some people just have a gift for it. It would appear as if Cisco is one of them. Luck or not, 7 is 7.

As far as physical abilities go, Trill’s got ‘em for days. Trill, Cisco and Iffy in the secondary is just straight nasty. Ultra-talented, tit for tat on par with just about anyone.
Agree. Plus Foster really brings it and Fred is going to make the league. Scoop, Clarke, Cordy, Striz.. In the wings and this is a very deep and talented group which should make for some exceptional special team play. Imagine those 4 on specials. This D is deep.

I seem to recall Whigham saying CF has NFL talent last summer. Hard to believe he may not even be the second or third most talented guy back there.

For my money, Trill is the guy who has the most potential to be a star in the league. He played weak competition in HS and was already seeing significant snaps as a true freshman. He’s got all the tools to grow into an all-acc player.

Cisco can have 5 less INT's this season and still be better than he was last year. Where his improvement is gonna show is tackling and leadership. His physical improvements is gonna show this year and Im hearing he is a quality person.

I can’t wait too see how we match up with Clemson and Maryland dB wise. Fred at 5’11” with perhaps the longest arms in su history lol not really, iffy at other corner @ 6’3” then trill at 6’2” and other two safeties are 6’. Playing them teams will let us know how good they can be. I can’t wait.

Agree. Plus Foster really brings it and Fred is going to make the league. Scoop, Clarke, Cordy, Striz.. In the wings and this is a very deep and talented group which should make for some exceptional special team play. Imagine those 4 on specials. This D is deep.
Agreed. And don’t forget about Carl Jones who is 6’-1” with elite speed. He could get time if there are any injuries at CB. He has been mostly a specials contributor but he got a little run in the bowl game against WV. And I don’t doubt Nunn could play this year if needed. He has shown he can be solid against high end Florida talent. But with our depth I wouldn’t expect him to play in more than 4 games.

Fredrick is just as good as any CB Syracuse has had in the last 20 years, outside of Abrams/Allen who were Top 2 round NFL picks.

IMO, Trill & Iffy could be first/second rounders with their size/speed/coverage combos. Not 100% sure on Cisco in terms of NFL potential but he had an outstanding freshman season. Plenty of room to grow.

Cisco can have 5 less INT's this season and still be better than he was last year. Where his improvement is gonna show is tackling and leadership. His physical improvements is gonna show this year and Im hearing he is a quality person.
Yep, lost in the excitement of the interceptions and to the comical degree he overachieved is the reality that Cisco has a TON of room to grow as a player. His tackling can definitely improve.

I see them as such;
Cisco is a "right place at the right time" kinda guy who can and hopefully will improve his overall coverage skills/angles.
Trill is a physical guy who almost intimidates the WR off the pass. I'd like to see him at Safety if possible. I think it plays to his assets better. With room to hit and after a TO, to run, he could be electric (more electric?). Attitude wise, he reminds me of a Darius mentality and size and DD was a track star in HS.
Iffy is a great coverage guy, a blanket, or a mosquito, and I see the same qualities in a smaller package with Fredrick.

Looking not too far back, I believe Reddish had this quality mosquito quality also, and with more speed would have been a better corner than he was. As it is, he was good. Our best in some time IMO.

I see them as such;
Cisco is a "right place at the right time" kinda guy who can and hopefully will improve his overall coverage skills/angles.
Trill is a physical guy who almost intimidates the WR off the pass. I'd like to see him at Safety if possible. I think it plays to his assets better. With room to hit and after a TO, to run, he could be electric (more electric?). Attitude wise, he reminds me of a Darius mentality and size and DD was a track star in HS.
Iffy is a great coverage guy, a blanket, or a mosquito, and I see the same qualities in a smaller package with Fredrick.

Looking not too far back, I believe Reddish had this quality mosquito quality also, and with more speed would have been a better corner than he was. As it is, he was good. Our best in some time IMO.

Reddish gets a little lost but he was quite good. Crazy to think we have a guy like Bradshaw as probably our 3rd best CB, and he would have been the best on any given team over the last 20 years.

It’s a Godzilla vs King Kong battle. Both are absolute beasts! Trill probably has more upside and both have very high upsides

I see them as such;

Loved Cam Reddish... I disagree on Trill though, I think his skill set screams CB - even more so for Sunday’s.

I believe we have 4 non Fr guys in the Secondary, right now, that will contribute in the NFL - 3 of them are So’s eligibility wise. That’s nuts.

Jury will be out on the Fr.

I
Loved Cam Reddish... I disagree on Trill though, I think his skill set screams CB - even more so for Sunday’s.

I believe we have 4 non Fr guys in the Secondary, right now, that will contribute in the NFL - 3 of them are So’s eligibility wise. That’s nuts.

Jury will be out on the Fr.
I agree. He is a beast at corner. Just know he is gonna kill it at nickel too. The receivers will not like him on their side let me tell ya. Looking forward to him killing wr screens.

IMO, the 2 most impressive takeaways from last season, after Dungey’s “gimme that back” vs Miami of course, were Trill’s INT in Death Valley & his strip recovery of the ND QB that was incorrectly disallowed. Some players just have a nose for the ball...he & Cisco have it.

IMO, the 2 most impressive takeaways from last season, after Dungey’s “gimme that back” vs Miami of course, were Trill’s INT in Death Valley & his strip recovery of the ND QB that was incorrectly disallowed. Some players just have a nose for the ball...he & Cisco have it.

The Dungey play was in 2017. Agree with your post however!

I think trill’s INT vs BC was even more impressive. Back to the ball shadowing receiver...hands go up when sees the wide out getting ready for the catch and rips it away from senior receiver as he’s falling down post full stride. Tip of the iceberg with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom