Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

I refuse to believe that anything has happened in college football since 2000.

Especially 2005 to 2008.

Not trying to get political, but I am taking a page out of some current events. I am going to sue on the behalf of Syracuse football over the last 20 years. You cannot convince that there hasn't been some type of fraud going on.

You think they both play all 12 games without getting injured?

At this point, I'm not sure our team can get off a bus without some type of multiple knee damaging pile up.

Way more valuable at the next level as a nickel/slot corner
That makes sense. Until my back and forth with money3189 I didn't realize that had become a regular position. I just assumed that was a back up DB.

Apathy is understandable.

This team is just not fun to watch right now.
We have an offense that is as fun to watch as going to the dentist and a young defense that flies around and gets turnovers but is young.
It's not just that. It seems like everytime we have a player that lets us get excited about the future, they're gone before we get to really enjoy them.

It's not just that. It seems like everytime we have a player that lets us get excited about the future, they're gone before we get to really enjoy them.
Trill was here 3 years. He was leaving after this season. No problems at all.

Go get paid especially in a sport like football.
These college kids are treated like pros except they don’t get paid.

I got no problem with him opting out now.
We suck, and aren’t playing for anything of significance. Protect your body.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him leaving. I hope he gets drafted, plays well on Sundays.

Just kinda sucks as a fan thinking about what could have been. Harder to do that coming off of disappointing 5-7 and this year's steaming hot pile of train wreck. But we've seen us go from 4 wins to 10 wins before. Anything is possible when you can stay healthy. (oh yeah, which we can't).

I'm not faulting him, but his 3 years didn't feel like three years. This was the first year he was a fulltime starter and he played, what 4-5 games?

My comments have nothing to do with whether or not someone should stay or go or whether they should get paid, only that we seem to seldom get to enjoy good players for very long. Please don't turn this into a "players should/shouldn't get paid" debate.

My dream of Williams/Cisco/Coley/Melifonwu as seniors totally shutting down passing games has gone the way of my dream of a Harvey/Wheeler/DeGrom/Syndergaard/Matz pitching rotation shutting down National league batting orders. :(
Iffy could very well be the next out the door.

His body has been breaking down over the past two seasons. If he has a path to the pros, go for it. He has All-ACC potential if he stayed, but if you have a window you have to take it

College sports in 1959:

1604617990924.png

College sports in 2020:

1604618019156.png

Well I'm sure I'm going to get fried for saying this but I have a different take on Trill opting out. To me opting out in the middle of the season is the same thing as quitting, precipitated by the fact that your team sucks and has no chance of winning. That is not what leaders do. That is what quitters do. There are plenty of all American players who will finish this season and are not quitting midseason. While I understand there is always a risk of serious injury like Cisco, that is the game they have chosen to play. This is a team without any leaders and you wonder why they can't win...

Well I'm sure I'm going to get fried for saying this but I have a different take on Trill opting out. To me opting out in the middle of the season is the same thing as quitting, precipitated by the fact that your team sucks and has no chance of winning. That is not what leaders do. That is what quitters do. There are plenty of all American players who will finish this season and are not quitting midseason. While I understand there is always a risk of serious injury like Cisco, that is the game they have chosen to play. This is a team without any leaders and you wonder why they can't win...

So, you're OK with Rex taking all the snaps for the rest of the season? Or should a 1-6 team play the newbies?

Does Trill taking every snap in the last 3 games help get the defense experience for next season?

If Rex "opted out" right now, you and everyone else on the board would be doing cartwheels.

I can't knock any player leaving early with a legitimate shot at getting drafted. Trill has more than a legitimate shot. It sucks we won't see him in Orange anymore but he will represent us well in league. Good luck to Trill on making his dreams come true. I'll certainly be rooting for him.

"Would have stayed if his body told him to".....What does that tell an NFL GM...should of stayed quiet.

It's not pee-wee football. This is a business.

Fournette and McCaffery opted out before it was a thing. How'd that work out?

You starting out saying you're sure to get fried for it shows you were aware that it's an unpopular opinion, because it's a poor one to have. So he should tough it out, and finish the year even if he's been playing hurt all year? Risk bigger injury?

Would you care if he chose to play out the year, and then declare? Leaving a whole year of eligibility behind? That's quitting too..no?

Defense still has plenty fight in it, especially once Coley’s healthy.

keep an eye out for Adrian Cole next year imo.

"Would have stayed if his body told him to"...What does that tell an NFL GM...should of stayed quiet.
He is known to be injured. Not being honest with an NFL GM would tell more.

He is still injured and if he kept playing there was a chance he could injure himself more and ruin his chances for the NFL.
Tre pointed to the Georgia Tech game when Williams was caught from behind on an interception return as a sign of how much he was hampered early in the year. He said things only got worse. After the Liberty game, Tre Williams said his son could barely walk.
He said ending the season now will mitigate the risk that Williams will need surgery and allow him to be at his best for the NFL Combine.

“It was a matter of, ‘do we keep trying, hurt ourselves and then we start hurting our future?’ ”

Syracuse defensive back Trill Williams came into his junior season armed with a projection that he could be a Day 2 selection in the NFL Draft and intent on ending his career with a big year.

But he sprained his ankle early in the season. It worsened over time. Eventually his efforts to compensate for the injury began to cause problems with his hamstring as well, sidelining him for the first half of the Orange’s game against Liberty.

“He’d been playing hurt the whole year,” Tre Williams said. “But he wanted to play. Him and (Andre) Cisco, they love football. They wanted to go out a certain way. But it got to the point where the injury was taking away from his ability.”

Syracuse defensive back Trill Williams came into his junior season armed with a projection that he could be a Day 2 selection in the NFL Draft and intent on ending his career with a big year.

But he sprained his ankle early in the season. It worsened over time. Eventually his efforts to compensate for the injury began to cause problems with his hamstring as well, sidelining him for the first half of the Orange’s game against Liberty.

“He’d been playing hurt the whole year,” Tre Williams said. “But he wanted to play. Him and (Andre) Cisco, they love football. They wanted to go out a certain way. But it got to the point where the injury was taking away from his ability.”
In a world that makes sense to me, that would automatically mean Trill should come back for his senior year to prove himself healthy and reinforce his resume. But maybe the NFL is becoming like the NBA and gambling on potential instead of banking on results. :confused:

Risky but I’m not sure he improves his stock coming back. Best of luck. Makes sense with the injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom