Trill Williams | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams

tenor.gif

Ooohhh...my Phins grabbed him. If Trill gets healthy this could be the best fit he could have found. Flores loves his players being multiple. Trill being able to do a few things benefits him greatly there. Cool...look forward to seeing how that plays out.

Dolphins have opportunities at DB.

Flo prizes grit and hard hitters

Dolphins have opportunities at DB.

Flo prizes grit and hard hitters
Actually, they are loaded at DB. They have 2 of the highest paid CB's in the league with Xavien and Jones. Their 3rd CB was a 1st round pick last year. Then they drafted safety in Round 3 in 2020 and Round 2 in 2021. And in the offseason they signed as Free Agents Justin Coleman and Jason McCourtey. If anything it's an impossible secondary room to break in on to be honest. His best bet is he finds a spot on the practice squad and in a year they dump some of those high priced guys to create cap space and he gets an opportunity in 2022.

Actually, they are loaded at DB. They have 2 of the highest paid CB's in the league with Xavien and Jones. Their 3rd CB was a 1st round pick last year. Then they drafted safety in Round 3 in 2020 and Round 2 in 2021. And in the offseason they signed as Free Agents Justin Coleman and Jason McCourtey. If anything it's an impossible secondary room to break in on to be honest. His best bet is he finds a spot on the practice squad and in a year they dump some of those high priced guys to create cap space and he gets an opportunity in 2022.
The Dolphins have had significant injury issues in the secondary. Flores loves DB’s and has a very complicated scheme. Trill will be given an opportunity if he can earn a spot. Flores would not grab another db if he didn’t like him. He has an eye for db talent.

The Dolphins have had significant injury issues in the secondary. Flores loves DB’s and has a very complicated scheme. Trill will be given an opportunity if he can earn a spot. Flores would not grab another db if he didn’t like him. He has an eye for db talent.
What were the injury issues? Byron Jones missed a couple games with a small injury last year other than that everyone else played every game.

All true. That said Howard had some legal issues and after Howard got a huge raise 2 years ago, he is now ticked because Jones makes more...so he wants another bump. Howard could be trade bait. Unfortunately Jones is on the team until 23 when his contract isnt a dead cap anchor. Phins over paid slightly for his contract. :rolleyes: Howard is at least a ball hawk. Noah Igbinoghene was a reach who had 13 tackles last year. Rowe is a good safety and McCain was released. There could be some opportunities for Trill depending how some things shake out. Needham is alright but he isn’t earth shattering. McCourtney is a 12 year vet...but is just joining team. If he can’t play with the young guys, Flores will jettison him. It just all depends how some things shake out. As is usually the case. Again Flores LOVES guys who can bring some utility. If Trill can display that, he could find a spot.

I hope he makes all of us eat crow.
No one is eating crow. No one comes out with the plan of being an UDFA getting cut and then getting signed again. I hope it works out, i really do, he's a great player, but this was not the plan. The plan was to get drafted.

That aside. I said before the draft and maintain - Trill has the highest upside of any of the 3 DBs.

Last edited:
Or maybe worried of what a year without Iffy and Thong Song playing in the defensive backfield with him would look like? Maybe spots in his game he worried would get exposed? Maybe worried he'd get beat out for his position (unlikely if healthy but...), maybe he was just tired of school, maybe worried about his body breaking down for good, or maybe he has family issues that he wants to try and help with? A million possibilities for sure.

One thing I try to never fault someone for is a decision where I don't know the individual personally to potentially know their motivation unless it's egregious. I don't count his choice as being anything close to that. Was a dice roll on the surface but maybe his best shot.
Or maybe he just made a bad decision. It happens. Ive made my share. We all have. At this point his decision to leave early isn't looking good. Regardless of his reason(s) he could have stayed. He chose to leave. I hope and actually believe it will work out for him. However im a firm believer that if he had stayed, got healthy and played this fall that he would have ended up a round 5 or better pick. As to a career ending injury happening he could have obtained insurance. The fact that he didn't clear a physical BEFORE he decided to turn pro tells me that he didn't do his homework and received poor advice.

Or maybe he just made a bad decision. It happens. Ive made my share. We all have. At this point his decision to leave early isn't looking good. Regardless of his reason(s) he could have stayed. He chose to leave. I hope and actually believe it will work out for him. However im a firm believer that if he had stayed, got healthy and played this fall that he would have ended up a round 5 or better pick. As to a career ending injury happening he could have obtained insurance. The fact that he didn't clear a physical BEFORE he decided to turn pro tells me that he didn't do his homework and received poor advice.

And yet the fact that he had a list of teams vying for his services as soon makes his choice seem not as bad. Again, I don't know his motivation, maybe you're one of the few that do. Doesn't really matter, we both/all wish him well.

And yet the fact that he had a list of teams vying for his services as soon makes his choice seem not as bad. Again, I don't know his motivation, maybe you're one of the few that do. Doesn't really matter, we both/all wish him well.
I have no idea why he went pro. Personally i think he would have been better served by coming back to get healthy and play another year. Hes young enough that his age wasn't a factor. As i stated i do think its going to work out for him as he is very talented.

I’m confused, if he failed a physical 2-3 days ago, what changed that will allow him to pass a physical now?

I’m confused, if he failed a physical 2-3 days ago, what changed that will allow him to pass a physical now?
He failed the physical as he was clearly still recovering from ankle surgery.

Saints and other teams likely had him higher on their draft boards pre surgery and figured they could get a steal. I don’t know if it’s BAU to drop a UDFA for failing a physical or not. I read on the phins board there were some teams who had him with day 2 grades pending his recovery. Dolphins must have been one and still feel good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom