Trill Williams | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams

PWO
Will also changed his number to 42. I was able to take this photo from the teams last practice...

MV5BNjcwMjIxM2QtYzgzZC00MjY2LThlMWQtZmU4NGZjMzcxZDZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Wooooof, a failed physical is not a good sign for Trill.

His path to playing on Sundays was already going to be difficult leaving when he did, it now just got exponentially harder.

I understand him not wanting to take the chance of getting hurt again this year at SU and he probably felt like it was a good time to come out

But to not even be able to pass a physical seems odd that he went for the draft this year.

In any type of job one doesn’t apply unless they can do the job when job starts. It just seems weird

Good luck to him and hope he does land somewhere eventually

Go pro or come back to Syracuse and likely, not maybe, likely get banged up and hurt again.

He rolled the dice on himself and has a plan I’m sure he’s going to continue sticking to. I support and believe in him. Kid has “it”

Go pro or come back to Syracuse and likely, not maybe, likely get banged up and hurt again.

He rolled the dice on himself and has a plan I’m sure he’s going to continue sticking to. I support and believe in him. Kid has “it”
Or if he comes back, he gets the health care he needs, proves himself again on the field, becomes one step closer to graduation, and becomes a 3rd or 4th rounder. And gains the financial security that should come with it. Near-sighted decision making.

Also facts that this was a bad decision. Stinks but have to really wonder who was advising him.
Maybe it was, but you don't know all the facts. How can any of us know if it was a bad decision when its only May? We are looking at this with forum eyes. Also, do you know if his medical status can possibly keep him out the 2021 season as well?

I would imagine his health report is exactly why he went undrafted.
Which makes his decision all the more puzzling. Either he recieved some horrible advice or he was really sick of college.

Why is it likely? Freeney was literally injured all of his first three years. He came back his senior year, stayed healthy, and killed it.

Leaving early for fear of injury makes sense when you've proven yourself and have something to lose. Trill hadn't proven himself yet. If he thinks it is likely that he is going to get too hurt to show his ability every year (I doubt he thinks that), he needs to reconsider whether he should be playing football.

Last edited:
He's not a sure thing if he can't pass a physical right now. He's not a veteran all pro that you see teams take a chance on after an injury. Hopefully he can heal up and get a shot somewhere.
Said after his injury is cleared up, obviously he’s not any of the things you said, but he’s an elite athlete with versatility to play all over the secondary, he should get a look from a team in training camp and could definitely be a stash on a practice squad after the cut down to 53. i think he’s raw but has a lot of potential given his athletic ability.

Which makes his decision all the more puzzling. Either he recieved some horrible advice or he was really sick of college.
Its puzzling because you dont know the details that went into the decision.

I agree. No one knows what went in to making his decision. It could be a number of things that don’t seem obvious to us.

He obviously did what he thought was right for him and his career at this time and we can’t judge him for that. But from a pure business decision one would guess he would have benefited from coming back next year IF he won’t be healed until the summer

Didn’t someone say Dino was surprised that he opted out?

I agree. No one knows what went in to making his decision. It could be a number of things that don’t seem obvious to us.

He obviously did what he thought was right for him and his career at this time and we can’t judge him for that. But from a pure business decision one would guess he would have benefited from coming back next year IF he won’t be healed until the summer

Didn’t someone say Dino was surprised that he opted out?
Yup , he wasn’t drafted and he had eligibility left. You don’t even have to watch SU or follow Trill to say that was a poor decision. So one will think there were other factors that people don’t know about.

Said after his injury is cleared up, obviously he’s not any of the things you said, but he’s an elite athlete with versatility to play all over the secondary, he should get a look from a team in training camp and could definitely be a stash on a practice squad after the cut down to 53. i think he’s raw but has a lot of potential given his athletic ability.
I hope he gets a look. It seems like the longer it takes for a guy to get into a camp, the less likely he is to catch on, and teams move on to the next thing quickly. Before the draft, in the the video where Jim Mora was talking about our guys, I think I remember him saying he thought Trill was raw and would be an UDFA. I wouldn't think he would've had any knowledge about his health and was just going on what he saw him do on the field. There are tons of physically gifted guys that don't catch on. Hopefully, Trill doesn't fall into that group.

Yep, you're right. I'm just a fan on a fan message board discussing fan oriented topics. All of my opinions are based on what I've seen other people do over the course of my fanhood also with very few details about went into their decisions. With that as my only context, Trills decision is unique. I get it though. You and a few other people on here tend to know more about what's going on than the rest of us. But, If only people with inside knowledge were allowed to discuss things, this would be a quiet place with very few people talking.

Yup , he wasn’t drafted and he had eligibility left. You don’t even have to watch SU or follow Trill to say that was a poor decision. So one will think there were other factors that people don’t know about.
You have more info than most. So I get it.

I just feel for the guy. Hopefully he’ll heal up soon and catch on somewhere

Maybe it was, but you don't know all the facts. How can any of us know if it was a bad decision when its only May? We are looking at this with forum eyes. Also, do you know if his medical status can possibly keep him out the 2021 season as well?
There are a lot of factors that go into decisions.

However, knowing what I know about a college degree and how difficult it is to make it in the NFL, I'm going to say that there are VERY few factors that would sway me, as an unproven player on a 1-11 team, to go pro with two years of eligibility left.

I will root for him to make it. But it is going to be an uphill climb.

Yep, you're right. I'm just a fan on a fan message board discussing fan oriented topics. All of my opinions are based on what I've seen other people do over the course of my fanhood also with very few details about went into their decisions. With that as my only context, Trills decision is unique. I get it though. You and a few other people on here tend to know more about what's going on than the rest of us. But, If only people with inside knowledge were allowed to discuss things, this would be a quiet place with very few people talking.
Lol. No - you can’t possibly have enough info to judge the kids personal decision. You can’t get around that fact. It’s ok to question his decision, but the asterisk on your comment is like “* but I have 1/10th the info so theres no way I can be this definitive and I’m probably basing it on my limited knowledge and my own life which doesn’t include being almost drafted to the NFL, so take it with a grain of salt”

This isn’t controversial. I draw the line fan topic line at “personal decision”

Lol. No - you can’t possibly have enough info to judge the kids personal decision. You can’t get around that fact. It’s ok to question his decision, but the asterisk on your comment is like “* but I have 1/10th the info so theres no way I can be this definitive and I’m probably basing it on my limited knowledge and my own life which doesn’t include being almost drafted to the NFL, so take it with a grain of salt”

This isn’t controversial. I draw the line fan topic line at “personal decision”
What are you talking about? I said based off of what I have observed as a sports fan, his decision was unique and puzzling. That's it. I know I don't have al the info. My opinion is merely in relation to other guys that I have seen, as a sports fan, that have made simlar decisons. How is that so wrong? I'm not commenting on what he needs to do for his personal life or what he may need to do for his family. Frankly, I don't care to talk about any of that. I come here to talk about sports. In regards to him being drafted and beginning a career as a professional football player, his decision to forego college eligibility to begin his career as a pro is something different than any I have seen. If you want to make this more than a sports conversation, have it with someone else.

If anyone says anything that you can percieve as any sort of a slight, you seem to love to tell them why they should not express those opinions. What's interesting here is I'm not even slighting him. I think he's a great athlete that scouts didn't have much of a chance to see. In a career such as professional sports where things are cut throat, with the NFL more cut throat than most and with fewer options to fall back on, I hope the lack of exposure doesn't keep him from getting where he wants to go. I'm rooting for him.

Whatever decision he made he would be rolling the dice on himself or betting on himself. Try now to make the NFL or stay in school, get more film and buzz and get a better draft position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom