Trip Reports

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Every word spot on. Although I'd take Waikiki over Cancun every time, I hope never to go to Cancun again.

I really wouldn't go back to Oahu, but here we are headed there next week, for the better half's job. At least we got one week there, and one week in Kona to even it out.
Only good use for Cancun is the airport. I'm fond of Cozumel or Tulum though they are pretty Americanized. I miss living on the west coast and being able to take a 2 hr flight to Cabo and then a 2 hr drive to La Paz. Now that is as good as Mexico gets.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Have you been to Waimanalo Bay? Not Waimanalo Beach (seems like there's a hobo camp there now). The Bay park is gorgeous. It's a random turn into the woods in between the regular beach park and Bellow's Air Force Base, right across from the polo field. One of the best kept secrets on the island imho. If you really want to get away from the crowds go to Mokuleia Army Beach on the North Shore. I spent a day there and there were only about 10 people and a sea turtle on the beach with me. It's the beach they used for the first season of LOST. Another 1/4 mile down the road is a YMCA camp that will be immediately familiar to LOST fans.
Had an airbnb on North Shore that was incredible. Could walk out to the beach from the backyard. Drive over to Mikes Huli-Huli chicken. Only problrm was finding a decent place to watch the Broncos-Panthers super bowl.

ssbriefcase

All Conference
Have you been to Waimanalo Bay? Not Waimanalo Beach (seems like there's a hobo camp there now). The Bay park is gorgeous. It's a random turn into the woods in between the regular beach park and Bellow's Air Force Base, right across from the polo field. One of the best kept secrets on the island imho. If you really want to get away from the crowds go to Mokuleia Army Beach on the North Shore. I spent a day there and there were only about 10 people and a sea turtle on the beach with me. It's the beach they used for the first season of LOST. Another 1/4 mile down the road is a YMCA camp that will be immediately familiar to LOST fans.
I don't think so? Then again, I went to a ton of beaches I don't remember the name of, mostly north shore ones, which are great don't get me wrong. I'll refer back to this thread, if I do it. Thanks.

Top Bottom