Trouble at Duke? | Syracusefan.com

Trouble at Duke?

Not entered into evidence and doesn’t directly implicate Duke. Obviously pretty easy for us to connect the dots but Duke won’t be punished for this.

certainly trouble for kansas
kurtis townsend appears to have learned well from todd bozeman, his first job

I’m sure it is foolish for us to think Syracuse won’t eventually be swept up in this thing and will then take another epic beat down from the NCAA while Duke, KU, Arizona all skate.

Duke might not get punished. But losing Zion for his one season could be punishment enough. POOR POOORRR INNOCENT MIKE KRYAHAGHFUIHSKI
I don’t think there’s enough there to make Zion ineligible either. It’s just a guy saying that he asked for money. There’s no proof that:
1. He actually did ask for money.
2. He received money.

I don’t think there’s enough there to make Zion ineligible either. It’s just a guy saying that he asked for money. There’s no proof that:
1. He actually did ask for money.
2. He received money.
I think there is a taped conversation...

I think there is a taped conversation...

If it's just based off of what was tweeted, the conversation isn't with Zion. It's just someone saying that they were told that Zion wants money; that's not enough.

If they have more up their sleeves that could prove Zion took money from Duke, then we'll see, but this ain't it.

Duke and Kentucky continue to scramble to lock up recruits. This is not normal as players usually jump on board fast.

I feel like we are standing on a more level recruiting field recently. We are getting looked at by the studs.

Could the day of the bag be over?

I’m sure it is foolish for us to think Syracuse won’t eventually be swept up in this thing and will then take another epic beat down from the NCAA while Duke, KU, Arizona all skate.
It'll go like this; there will be no receipts that the kid got paid at Duke or that 200k job his parents got they wouldn't have gotten anyways but some hot dog vender at the mall will say he gave an SU kid a free hot dog and SU will get the death penality.

College Basketball's version of ME TOO

Yikes. No offense, but maybe not a good analogy. Who's the victim here? The kids, who manipulate an already corrupt system to make bank for themselves and their family? The fans, who know the deal but watch anyway? Certainly not the coaches and shoe companies. Unless you count the concept of 'integrity', this whole deal is about as victimless a crime as there is.

I have to laugh at the people who don't want to pay players in college because it would give the Duke's, Kentucky's and Alabama in CFB an even more unfair advantage. Well how is that working out right now? These guys aren't getting paid.:rolleyes:

K downplaying this issue is an absolutely terrible look.

“Don’t look at us, no problems at Duke I promise”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom