True Detective, Season 2 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

True Detective, Season 2

Nobody commenting after this past Sunday? Did you all give up? moqui , ssbriefcase , KellySyracuse NKR1978 ?

I was very disappointed with the last scene. First off, that guy (the one who did the deed) in that spot was pure movie magic - why that location? There's no way he could be sure he'd come out of there. Secondly, his was the only character I am actually interested in this season.
I watched it granted with a bit of a buzz on so I need to re-watch. The entire season has left me flummoxed, sober or not.

I know last week's episode was supposed to be full of "wow" moments and the first kernels of resolution, but while watching I kept saying to myself "wow, I don't care about this at all."

That begs the question: so, why watch?

Colin Farrell is awesome.

One question though, WHO THE FLUCK IS STAN? Did they forget to air an episode or something?

Colin Farrell is awesome.

One question though, WHO THE FLUCK IS STAN? Did they forget to air an episode or something?

Took me a while to remember that one as well. Worked for Vince Vaughn in the first episode or so.

just rewatched the last episode, holy smokes. Did not see that coming. Overall the past 3 episodes have been really good although it's not a good indicator to have to watch and rewatch the show so I can figure out what the hell is going on. I don't know how they wrap it all up with only one more show to go.

Last scene reminded me a lot of the ending of The Professional, in a good way. I think maybe they're going to go full on Chinatown with the bad guys winning.

just poured a double vodka to watch the season finale. Sober starting in, probably going to be pie eyed by the end asking myself What with this show?

The best part was Vince Vaughn's wife telling him, "you know you can't act for ". I can't believe that was a real line. Yeah the drawn out part after he was stabbed walking forever through the desert and meeting up with the people from his past was lame. I didn't know most of the people they all kept naming in conversations in the middle of the show.

My problem last year was the ending, and this didn't do any better with that and a lot of other things..

Im sorry.
I kinda liked it. The show was so obviously film noir-y it had no alternative but to end like this. The good guys cant win, we get the world we deserve. We make mistakes, we get the consequences.
If it ended like shawshank with ray and frank on a beach i wouldve barfed

I thought this season was terrible. The acting was nowhere close to last year, I didn't care one bit about the characters, and the story was completely uninteresting to me. The fact they all intersected was way too convenient, especially considering the size of LA. The Mexicans finding Frank after he had ditched everything they knew was his (his Range Rover/house/clubs/etc) was ridiculous, as was the fact he pulled right up to the back of that car (I don't do that when I'm in LA - why would anyone running with nearly 5 million on him do that?). The same outfit Taylor Kitsch worked with overseas working for the Vinci mayor? Nahhh, just too many coincidences for my liking.

I'm starting to wonder if those rumors about the director/writer stealing from someone else for last year were completely true and this is what we get when he alone does the writing. I can't see myself wasting time on TD 3.

I thought the plot was a little convoluted at times but damn, it had it's moments. I rewatched the final episode last night and I still have no clue why the doctor killed himself, for example. Or why I should be interested to find out. However, the scene with Vince Vaughn and his chick talking about meeting with red rose in the jacket and her in the white dress is AMAZING on the second go around.

E: I'm also embarrassed to admit, on the first watch I didn't put 2 and 2 together with why he didn't want to let the suit go without a fight. The diamonds!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom