True Stories - AF-1 and AF-2 | Syracusefan.com

True Stories - AF-1 and AF-2

DaytonCuse

Walk On
Since my stories are entertainment, I will post them here. (Both are true)
I was working on a black program and my aircraft was in a hanger on a flight line with about 8 hangers in a very remote location. Security for my program had been inside the hanger all week. Once inside you went thru security. On day 5 of my visit, we were scheduled to have a test on my program at 5:00am. So at 4:00am, I was scurrying along the flight line (it was cold) and I get to my hanger and open the door and step inside the hanger. Before I can say “Oh stuff”, I hear freeze. I was now surrounded by security folks with their weapons drawn. I was standing there 20 feet from AF-1. I had breached the security perimeter which was outside the hanger. Luckily, I had AF-1 clearance and was released after about 30 minutes. But at 4:00 in the morning is NOT the time to breach AF-1 security perimeter. My aircraft was moved to a different hanger for the test and no one told me. I did not even know AF-1 was there.
AF-2 is for the VP and high ranking Generals. I actually held the 1st meeting on AF-2 a week before we delivered it to the 89th. We had some SW decisions that had to be resolved before we delivered the aircraft. I met with my OEM engineer and my SW engineer in the VP’s office on the plane. They wanted me to sit at the VP’s desk for the meeting, but I thought that would be rude. When we were done they egged me on to carve my initials under VP’s desk, but I knew better.

The CIA is “Woke” and twitter is losing its mind apparently.

Since my stories are entertainment, I will post them here. (Both are true)
I was working on a black program and my aircraft was in a hanger on a flight line with about 8 hangers in a very remote location. Security for my program had been inside the hanger all week. Once inside you went thru security. On day 5 of my visit, we were scheduled to have a test on my program at 5:00am. So at 4:00am, I was scurrying along the flight line (it was cold) and I get to my hanger and open the door and step inside the hanger. Before I can say “Oh stuff”, I hear freeze. I was now surrounded by security folks with their weapons drawn. I was standing there 20 feet from AF-1. I had breached the security perimeter which was outside the hanger. Luckily, I had AF-1 clearance and was released after about 30 minutes. But at 4:00 in the morning is NOT the time to breach AF-1 security perimeter. My aircraft was moved to a different hanger for the test and no one told me. I did not even know AF-1 was there.
AF-2 is for the VP and high ranking Generals. I actually held the 1st meeting on AF-2 a week before we delivered it to the 89th. We had some SW decisions that had to be resolved before we delivered the aircraft. I met with my OEM engineer and my SW engineer in the VP’s office on the plane. They wanted me to sit at the VP’s desk for the meeting, but I thought that would be rude. When we were done they egged me on to carve my initials under VP’s desk, but I knew better.
Can you tell me anything about aliens

Can you tell me anything about aliens

Considering they didn’t even bother to tell him which hangar his ufo was in on the day of a flight test, I’m going guess: No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom