1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Trump compromised

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by senorpalmer, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Millhouse

Millhouse Living Legend

2. xc84

xc84 Hall of Fame

Besides offering no proof this chain of events occurred, there’s one gigantic hole in this scenario: Wilson has denied any involvement in the strongest terms. “I release ANY journalist I’ve talked to about Trump from any off-the-record/background protections of anonymity,” he wrote in a Medium post this morning. “Why? Because the first time I saw the memo was when BuzzFeed published it.” He also wryly points out that the timeline of events doesn’t add up:

If you believe the Russian/4chan spin that this information came from them, you can’t use a calendar, or common sense. This information on Trump’s various personal and business dealings in Russia was being pursued by major campaigns and by major media to my knowledge as early as late July of 2015, and the “Ritz Carlton” information was out the in the summer of 2016.

3. shandeezy7

shandeezy7 All American

CNN responds to Trump and his team on this:

Goes along with what I've been saying. The Buzzfeed stuff is crap that can't be believed, but what CNN reported does not seem out of line to me.

4. KellySyracuse

KellySyracuse All Conference

I read it was Jeb Bush's campaign team for oppo and also an unknown democratic donor. I think that was from the BBC

5. Millhouse

Millhouse Living Legend

rick wilson might have lots of reasons to say it wasn't him, who knows

i don't have any reason to believe 4chan either. this whole thing is very strange. the michael cohen stuff is pretty goofy. i have a hard time believing that trump wants people to pee the bed.

6. KellySyracuse

7. KellySyracuse

8. Oráiste

Oráiste Scout Team

if even the Bushies, with their deep,deep ties to the CIA, found this too problematic to use, that's probably a good indication of its true value

9. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Trump is a PoS but this Buzzfeed story is losing credibility by the hour.
    The CNN story does look more legit and that is probably why Trump is tying both of them together to kill the real one.

senorpalmer likes this.
  10. KellySyracuse

it was the BBC

Trump 'compromising' claims: How and why did we get here? - BBC News

"He (Trump) said the memo was written by "sick people [who] put that crap together."

The opposition research firm that commissioned the report had worked first for a superpac - political action committee - supporting Jeb Bush during the Republican primaries.

Then during the general election, it was funded by an anonymous Democratic Party supporter. But these are not political hacks - their usual line of work is country analysis and commercial risk assessment, similar to the former MI6 agent's consultancy. He, apparently, gave his dossier to the FBI against the firm's advice."

11. Oráiste

Oráiste Scout Team

They are tied together; they are sourced, ultimately, from the same document. Dozens of media orgs had this stuff, and had it for a while, but nobody - not the supposedly responsible legacy media, nor the scrappy, edgy newcomers - deemed it worthy of publication. Until CNN thought they had cleverly found a way to introduce it without introducing it. But that opened the door for Buzzfeed (and, if it hadn't been Buzzfeed, it would have been another of the new media orgs). And once the source document was out and seen to be largely unfounded and in parts ludicrous, it had to bounce back at CNN. They fcked up; read the Glen Greenwald post to see how it could haunt them, the rest of the media, and we the people for a longtime.

12. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Yeah Richard Engel who I think is a top notch reporter said last night he had read the document for months and could never confirm it.
    He hypothesized that the Intelligence Community was doing this in retaliation for his insanity dealing with them. Only Buzzfeed ran it though.

13. rrlbees

rrlbees Administrator Staff Member

Greenwald? No thanks. He may be anti trump but that's only because he's anti everything in the US. He hates this country and every politician. He should probably be in jail for his complicity with the Snowden stuff.

14. KellySyracuse

and it just keeps getting better

OttoMets and FAL like this.
  15. rrlbees

16. RoofBeam

RoofBeam Scout Team

Someone has a very good understanding of the mentally challenged left:

"Most important of all, the legitimate and effective tactics for opposing Trump are being utterly drowned by these irrational, desperate, ad hoc crusades that have no cogent strategy and make his opponents appear increasingly devoid of reason and gravity. Right now, Trump’s opponents are behaving as media critic Adam Johnson described: as ideological jelly fish, floating around aimlessly and lost, desperately latching on to whatever barge randomly passes by."

This is all just like shooting jelly fish in a barrel.

17. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All Conference

Yeah, mentally challenged. Was Mitt Romney right in 2012 when he said Russia was our biggest geopolitical foe? Did Obama need to be tougher on Russia? If so, is the logical step forward from there to kiss Putin's a$$ and take their side against our intelligence community in such kneejerk fashion as he did for weeks? And after all that, can anyone seriously then turn around and buy his claim that he'd be tougher on the Russians than Hillary Clinton?

18. longislandcuse

longislandcuse Living Legend

No, but it's pretty crazy that he has to employ mafia tactics to identify leaks in the intelligence community.

Trump conducts his own sting operation to ensnare intelligence briefers | Daily Mail Online

19. senorpalmer

senorpalmer All Conference

20. rrlbees

senorpalmer likes this.