1. If you are getting script errors or redirects, please click here and switch to the "Alternate Style." You can dismiss this notice by clicking the little x at the top right of this box. If you still have a problem, email me at: tom@emery.net
    Dismiss Notice

Trump compromised

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by senorpalmer, Jan 10, 2017.

1. rrlbees

rrlbees Administrator Staff Member

Funny how this started on the right and is still being pushed by the right.

2. longislandcuse

longislandcuse Living Legend

My bad, I was under the assumption we didn't need proof of anything in this thread.

retro44, JeremyCuse and bpo57 like this.
  3. bpo57

bpo57 Living Legend

He's never been to Prague. Fact.

4. dasher

dasher Living Legend

We sure didn't with regards to Obama or the Clinton's. And I guess we didn't need proof under W to attack a country that didn't have WMD's or had attacked us.

5. rrlbees

Thanks. I said that yesterday.

6. rrlbees

I am confident in saying trump lies a hell of a lot more than the IC or the media. He can't even give his first semi-presser since the dnc convention and not lie about many things.

7. rrlbees

8. rrlbees

#TeamWilson 12 hrs ago Fool Chan I’m not BuzzFeed’s source. Since their source was anonymous, and I don’t know who it was, I’ll settle it this way; if — arguendo — I had been their source, I hereby release the authors of the story, its editors, and BuzzFeed generally from any off-the-record/background protections of anonymity I would have asked for. Over to you, folks.

More broadly, as regards the British memo run in BuzzFeed, I release ANY journalist I’ve talked to about Trump from any off-the-record/background protections of anonymity. Why? Because the first time I saw the memo was when BuzzFeed published it. I’ve never had possession of that memo, never shared it, never pitched it, and never requested or caused others to do so. Allegations from the memo were making the rounds in the IC, political, and media worlds, to be sure, but its origins are elsewhere.

If you believe the Russian/4chan spin that this information came from them, you can’t use a calendar, or common sense. This information on Trump’s various personal and business dealings in Russia was being pursued by major campaigns and by major media to my knowledge as early as late July of 2015, and the “Ritz Carlton” information was out in the summer of 2016.

The allegations I “took the memo to the CIA” (or caused others to do the same) are utterly, entirely, and profoundly false and risible. The information out there wasn’t from anonymous deep-cover chan-children. Unless, of course, many current and former senior IC and diplomatic officials here and abroad are secret weebs. The vast majority of stories we worked were about Trump’s financials and his relationship — and that of his team — with Russian interests. This was — to my estimate — as significant a compromise as anything in the s e xual arena. He could easily refute and dismiss the financial ties by opening his tax returns and his books to scrutiny, but we know that’s not happening.

The real shame of this entire situation is that we’re wasting valuable time Trump could be using to uncover the real secrets of John Podesta and Hillary Clinton’s PizzaGate global child kidnapping and cannibalism ring. You know, the important stuff.

[UPDATE: Sarcasm]

[UPDATE per a question] No, I did not commission the oppo report mentioned in the NYT.

[ UPDATE per a question] I was not the emissary sent by McCain to meet with the Brit intel source. If you knew anything about my fraught history with McCain, you’d understand this was a ludicrous assertion.

[UPDATE per a question] “The Thing” had nothing to do with Trump. Duh. Keep up.

Cuseregular likes this.
  9. bpo57

bpo57 Living Legend

Just catching up on some of your goofy posts. It's a full time job.

10. rrlbees

Yea, I know it takes a lot of effort making excuses for trump.

Cuseregular likes this.
  11. rrlbees

Starting at about the 3:15 mark.

Cuseregular and KellySyracuse like this.
  12. cmr27

cmr27 All Conference

This is not a conspiracy question so I'll jump back in to answer. The answer is that I doubt that Trump can turn DC upside down. Trump will be good on issues that are analogous to business projects, such as building a wall or $1b for infrastructure projects.

Establishment reform is a whole other ball game. Trump's main problem is focus. He grabs on to issues the way I flipped radio stations when I drove to Syracuse back in the early 90s. I'd turn the dial along the horizontal access looking for something interesting. If a good song came on, I'd stay. If not, move on. Besides the fact my right arm got really tired around Cortland, it's a bad way to learn about anything. Trump's mind works much the same way. He's not a good fit for institutional overhaul. You need more than kinetic energy. Which is not to say that he can't be successful overall. But I think the net-net is that Trump makes a big splash with a few two-dimensional moves, such as a pay freeze on Fed workers or a demand that all departments cut staff by 5%. It's harder to envision longer-lasting three-dimensional change.

13. Quazzum69

Quazzum69 Starter

So we elected somebody to build a wall- one that was never getting built anyways?

14. GoSU96

GoSU96 Living Legend

Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to trump inoculated

Bayside44 likes this.
  15. OttoMets

OttoMets Hall of Fame

I think this is close to the truth.

KellySyracuse likes this.
  16. rrlbees

Here's a pic. Can you guess what happened next?

image-138801090.jpg

17. MiniCuse

MiniCuse All Conference

You chugged a Gatorade to get ready for the show?

Cuseregular likes this.
  18. Ozcuse

Ozcuse All Conference

Douchey McDoucheface calls CNN alt left news. The pot "journalist" has a lot of nerve calling the kettle black here. Wasn't he on his knees interviewing Assange just a week ago? He criticizes CNN for being soft on Obama yet he was even easier on Trump during the campaign. He must have also forgotten his colleague Bret Baier literally making up Clinton info a week before the election.

I'm waiting for Hannity to be given a position in the Trump Administration. The guy was practically on his campaign team.

Sean Hannity: Trump gives alt-left media well-deserved beatdown

"I'm Not A Journalist": Sean Hannity Attacks Critics For Calling Out His Softball Interviews With Trump

19. Ozcuse

Ozcuse All Conference

20. Toga

Toga Living Legend

M
    My eyes!