Tucker - draft | Syracusefan.com

Tucker - draft

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I’m starting to wonder if he can even be a high pick if he enters the draft this year. The NFL doesn’t care if he’s been injured or nicked up all year. He doesn’t have a solid season of tape this year. It doesn’t look like he’s going to return to his former self the last part of this season. Obviously I hope I’m wrong about the end of the season but it just doesn’t look like a turnaround is going to happen. He’s not going to get drafted on what he did last year alone, there’s too many good RB’s every year in the draft and you can get a solid RB in the later rounds.

So is it possible he returns next year, I almost think he needs to.

I’m starting to wonder if he can even be a high pick if he enters the draft this year. The NFL doesn’t care if he’s been injured or nicked up all year. He doesn’t have a solid season of tape this year. It doesn’t look like he’s going to return to his former self the last part of this season. Obviously I hope I’m wrong about the end of the season but it just doesn’t look like a turnaround is going to happen. He’s not going to get drafted on what he did last year alone, there’s too many good RB’s every year in the draft and you can get a solid RB in the later rounds.

So is it possible he returns next year, I almost think he needs to.
I think he needs to return too. I hope it’s with us.

Was thinking the same thing. A worry for me is that he stays in college FB and enters the portal like Kenneth Walker did going from Wake to Michigan State.

If he enters the portal so be it, we’ll have other rb’s. But again, the portal may not even be a consideration and just board worry. Obviously ideally he stays but I dont see that happening. He’ll go pro.

Im not worried about the future of RB. The boards making up worries about limitations on Allen. He’s good. We’re just not playing him. I suspect a lot of it has to do with keeping 34 content. I dont know how else to explain letting him come out in the second half vs wagner to break records when we have a potential top 10 season on the line.

Allen is not ineffective. Price would not have been allowed to transfer here if he was a non factor. There’s more going on imo.

Are they perhaps redshirting Price? I don’t recall seeing him much at all. Allen has spotted Tucker most games.

He gone. He’s the prototypical all-purpose back that NFL teams look for these days. His stock took a little bit of hit this year, but he’ll def get drafted and will have no problem making a roster. Also, there’s still 1/3 of season left. Maybe he turns things up and finishes the season out on a high note.

If he enters the portal so be it, we’ll have other rb’s. But again, the portal may not even be a consideration and just board worry. Obviously ideally he stays but I dont see that happening. He’ll go pro.

Im not worried about the future of RB. The boards making up worries about limitations on Allen. He’s good. We’re just not playing him. I suspect a lot of it has to do with keeping 34 content. I dont know how else to explain letting him come out in the second half vs wagner to break records when we have a potential top 10 season on the line.

Allen is not ineffective. Price would not have been allowed to transfer here if he was a non factor. There’s more going on imo.

I don’t know, SU seems thin at RB right now.
Beyond Tucker, there’s Allen, who doesn’t get many runs, and Price, who basically gets no runs unless the opponent is the worst team in college football.

Why aren’t these guys getting PT when Tucker needs breaks? Or when the QB is unable to run?

Is it because the backup RB’s are not effective?
Or is it because Dino doesn’t like going to backups unless the first-stringer is unconscious?

He’s missed a bunch of catches and his blocking is okay but potentially not at the level an NFL team is looking for. Combined with how he’s looked this season, I think there’s no way he’s in the top part of the draft. There’s a lot of rb’s ahead of him.

So I think the question is. Does he go this year and get drafted in the 2nd part of draft or stay a year and hope for a big season and improve his draft stock. I don’t think there’s much difference if he stays a year…. meaning if he could potentially fall to 4th round area declaring this year. He can get there next year too or have a huge season and move himself up.

There’s also the injury aspect too. So that would be something to consider by staying. I honestly feel bad for these kids. They put in a lot of work to get to where they are and there’s no guarantee you’re making the right decision. I’ve been there myself switching careers, huge financial impact on my family with no guarantee I’d get a job. So I can empathize completely.

The Elmore injury hurt Tucker the most. Blocking and an NFL offensive line will make Tucker into a star. He's done a lot with little help this year. His biggest plays have come from Shrader blocking. His stock is down but I can see him being productive in the NFL

I don’t know, SU seems thin at RB right now.
Beyond Tucker, there’s Allen, who doesn’t get many runs, and Price, who basically gets no runs unless the opponent is the worst team in college football.

Why aren’t these guys getting PT when Tucker needs breaks? Or when the QB is unable to run?

Is it because the backup RB’s are not effective?
Or is it because Dino doesn’t like going to backups unless the first-stringer is unconscious?
My point is I think there’s reasons to believe that the lack of carries is not due to inability. Could always be wrong

I think its board conjecture saying we have no other option except to trot out a hurt or lackluster Tucker

There's not a lot of shelf life on running backs and their playing career. I think Tucker will go to the NFL and hope to crush the combine and put to bed any of the questions this year may cause after last season.

On the plus side he's shown himself to be a reliable threat in the passing game this season. That will help both his draft stock and career longevity in the NFL.

if he gets drafted its a good decision to go.. But he really needs the right team to stay on a roster.. The Buffalo RB spot shows you that guys with pretty good college careers dont always do much in the Pros.

He has decent speed not elite.. He plays small and he doesnt really move piles, but he could be a good 3rd down back since he has pretty good hands. Not every team uses that spot the same.

So now it's not a big deal if Tucker transfers because we have this stable of RBs that will step right in? It's funny how this board makes people into stars before they've actually done anything.

There will be a drop off next year if Tucker leaves for the NFL or transfers. I suspect he'll go to the NFL. The scouts have plenty of film on him. They know exact what he can do and will know more about his health this year than anyone on here. They won't just look at his numbers. They'll see that his usage has been different this year and can tell what kind of blocking he's been working with.

if he gets drafted its a good decision to go.. But he really needs the right team to stay on a roster.. The Buffalo RB spot shows you that guys with pretty good college careers dont always do much in the Pros.

He has decent speed not elite.. He plays small and he doesnt really move piles, but he could be a good 3rd down back since he has pretty good hands. Not every team uses that spot the same.
Yeah. He's strong and can slip arm tackles but doesn't run people over. And his speed is good enough. He reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith. I'm not saying he'll be anywhere near as good, but Smith didn't have elite speed or flashy moves. Through a lot of his career he benefited from an elite line and a battering ram FB that left him untouched until he got to the second level. Tucker may have come along 30 years too late to take full advantage of his abilities.

So now it's not a big deal if Tucker transfers because we have this stable of RBs that will step right in? It's funny how this board makes people into stars before they've actually done anything.

There will be a drop off next year if Tucker leaves for the NFL or transfers. I suspect he'll go to the NFL. The scouts have plenty of film on him. They know exact what he can do and will know more about his health this year than anyone on here. They won't just look at his numbers. They'll see that his usage has been different this year and can tell what kind of blocking he's been working with.

They’ll also look at the 6-10 guys being looked at ahead of him that don’t have the same issues and it will push Tucker back in the draft. Not saying it happens but it’s a good chance. RB’s are a dime a dozen in the NFL, you can find a really good RB late in the draft that’s not a top prospect and more teams are taking this approach. The evaluation of Tucker between the end of last year and early in the season have pointed out things that put him behind the other highly evaluated RB’s. Needs to work on pass blocking…. big in the NFL and hasn’t improved to a high draft spot. Slow feet in tight areas and catching ability. He’s caught passes this year but has also dropped enough passes that high draft pick won’t. One site said NFL scouts saw him as a backup RB in the NFL; specifically b/c of his slow feet in tight areas and blocking ability.

Keep in mind. I’m not crapping on Tucker at all. He’s one of my all time favorite orange players to have watched. I’m being super critical in the way NFL scouts will be. It’s another level, you need to dominate games and almost all of them to be a top RB draft pick. He can still go into the combine and light things up. If he does he’ll get his name moved up for sure and I hope he does.

They’ll also look at the 6-10 guys being looked at ahead of him that don’t have the same issues and it will push Tucker back in the draft. Not saying it happens but it’s a good chance. RB’s are a dime a dozen in the NFL, you can find a really good RB late in the draft that’s not a top prospect and more teams are taking this approach. The evaluation of Tucker between the end of last year and early in the season have pointed out things that put him behind the other highly evaluated RB’s. Needs to work on pass blocking…. big in the NFL and hasn’t improved to a high draft spot. Slow feet in tight areas and catching ability. He’s caught passes this year but has also dropped enough passes that high draft pick won’t. One site said NFL scouts saw him as a backup RB in the NFL; specifically b/c of his slow feet in tight areas and blocking ability.

Keep in mind. I’m not crapping on Tucker at all. He’s one of my all time favorite orange players to have watched. I’m being super critical in the way NFL scouts will be. It’s another level, you need to dominate games and almost all of them to be a top RB draft pick. He can still go into the combine and light things up. If he does he’ll get his name moved up for sure and I hope he does.
I guess coming back could help him show improved hands and better blocking. I think at this point they know what he can do running and that won't change. They also know teams are keying on him. He'll probably be a guy that has to get on a squad and prove himself once he gets there. I wonder if another year in college would change that. Fwiw, being a backup in the NFL, if you can stick for long enough, isn't worst gig in the world. Get paid fairly well and take less of a beating so you can still walk upright in old age.

Needs to stay one more year and show scouts that he can be the alpha, go to guy….
He did that last year.

Draft position doesn’t matter for running backs as much. Very few guys go first 2 days. He should be in that 3rd-5th round area and one of the first 10 called.

Rookie RBs get chances every year I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t get a cup of coffee.

The Elmore injury hurt Tucker the most. Blocking and an NFL offensive line will make Tucker into a star. He's done a lot with little help this year. His biggest plays have come from Shrader blocking. His stock is down but I can see him being productive in the NFL
He had the big 2021 season without Elmore most of the season so I don’t think that's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom