Tuesday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Tuesday Articles

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Recruiting

Syracuse Football Recruiting Me (Keeley)

K. J. Williams scares me. Maybe it's the whole Zach Allen Affair fresh in my mind, but based on everything I've been reading since the four-star WR committed to play football for the Syracuse Orange in 2014, I just keep feeling like Han Solo in the Death Star trash compactor. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Michael Cohen Breaks Down the Film on Newest SU Verbal, WR KJ Williams

I took a look at Williams' highlight tape and was impressed with his combination of size, speed and coordination. He appears poised, at least on film, to step right in to the college game and contribute.

Here are my detailed observations: ...

Miscellaneous

Jerome Smith on 2013 Maxwell Award Watch List

There are names you expect to see when discussing the award given to the best player in college football. Johnny Manziel. A.J. McCarron. Jadeveon Clowney.
Nice to see Syracuse Orange running back Jerome Smith in the same company, if even just for a massive watch list for the 2013 Maxwell Award.

Note to Dick Wad. The "whole" Zach Allen affair was based on major turnover in the coaching staff and his main recruiter and contact on the staff shuffling off to Buffalo. Just saying.

Note to Dick Wad. The "whole" Zach Allen affair was based on major turnover in the coaching staff and his main recruiter and contact on the staff shuffling off to Buffalo. Just saying.

Pretty sure he knows that since he wrote articles about it when it happened.

For me - irregardless of the turnover in the coaching staff - Allen still leads me to being cautious until that paper is signed and faxed in Feb.

For me - irregardless of the turnover in the coaching staff - Allen still leads me to being cautious until that paper is signed and faxed in Feb.
I think we can't count any of the chickens before signing day. As we found out last year, stuff happens that we never anticipated.

Cohen is a talented young writer when he sticks to stories like this. He's awful when he attempts "gotcha" Mark Schwarz-style journalism or aspires to be the Mel Kiper of college FB.

HCSS should scoop that boy up for his staff immediately, given his uncanny ability to assess FB talent and his many years of experience in doing the same.

Yeah. But we have this going for us this year:

BOSMB_0CUAAvwbi.jpg

Syracuse has eight verbal commits in its 2014 recruiting class, tied for the second-lowest number among schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Only Wake Forest, which has four verbal commitments, is behind the Orange.

He couldn't resist!

Recruiting

Syracuse Football Recruiting Me (Keeley)

K. J. Williams scares me. Maybe it's the whole Zach Allen Affair fresh in my mind, but based on everything I've been reading since the four-star WR committed to play football for the Syracuse Orange in 2014, I just keep feeling like Han Solo in the Death Star trash compactor. I've got a bad feeling about this.

Michael Cohen Breaks Down the Film on Newest SU Verbal, WR KJ Williams

I took a look at Williams' highlight tape and was impressed with his combination of size, speed and coordination. He appears poised, at least on film, to step right in to the college game and contribute.

Here are my detailed observations: ...

Miscellaneous

Jerome Smith on 2013 Maxwell Award Watch List

There are names you expect to see when discussing the award given to the best player in college football. Johnny Manziel. A.J. McCarron. Jadeveon Clowney.
Nice to see Syracuse Orange running back Jerome Smith in the same company, if even just for a massive watch list for the 2013 Maxwell Award.

K J Williams has that same ability to go up and get a football in traffic that Mike Williams used to have.

K J Williams has that same ability to go up and get a football in traffic that Mike Williams used to have.

I still get cringes when I think of the Penn State game where a sure TD pass from Paulus bounces off Williams' chest--while he's in the end zone, no less!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom