Tulane Message Board | Syracusefan.com

Tulane Message Board

Orangetradition44

2nd String
Has anyone had any luck getting registered for Tulane's board? I'm travelling to NO this Thursday and was hoping to get some tips about the city from some locals.

do you have hbo on demand? just power through a season or 2 of Treme and you will be good to go...

do you have hbo on demand? just power through a season or 2 of Treme and you will be good to go...

Is that show any good... I love most of HBOs stuff but was never really interested in checking it out.

i've enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but i can see where it might not be everyone's cup of tea. there is a focus on music, and its not as dramatically intense as say the wire or sopranos.

Has anyone had any luck getting registered for Tulane's board? I'm travelling to NO this Thursday and was hoping to get some tips about the city from some locals.
I'm not a local, but I'm married to one who was for many years, and go there often myself with her. I posted my guide to the city with a focus away from the touristy Bourbon St scene last night.

This is the only Tulane discussion group I have been able to find. Click Here.

I'm sure you can get tips from a number of Girls Gone Wild videos.

i've enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but i can see where it might not be everyone's cup of tea. there is a focus on music, and its not as dramatically intense as say the wire or sopranos.

Definitely not as intense as The Wire and Sopranos but few shows are. I think Treme is incredible. The whole timeline of season 1 depicting 3 months post-Katrina is very interesting. The music is OUTSTANDING without question and most of it is real guys being themselves. Jazz musicians and food...how can you go wrong! I personally know Lucia Micarelli, the violinist, on the show and I have a friend who has been coaching Rob Brown the last couple of years on how to appear credible playing trumpet.

Take a stroll down Bourbon St., but don't spend too much time there. One end is pretty seedy, the other end has some decent bars.

Go to Commander's Palace for dinner. But there's a lot of good restaurants.

Just for yucks, have a Hurricane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom