Turn | Syracusefan.com

Turn

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Anybody watch Turn on AMC? Really enjoyed the first season, although I'm a bit of a history nerd sometimes. Didn't get a chance to watch the season 2 premiere last night, but hoping to catch up tonight.

I really enjoy Turn. I found out recently that they film it in Williamsburg, VA where I'll be spending a week this summer. Looking forward to maybe seeing some signs of Setaucket while I'm there. Plus that Anna Strong is quite a looker!

Anybody watch Turn on AMC? Really enjoyed the first season, although I'm a bit of a history nerd sometimes. Didn't get a chance to watch the season 2 premiere last night, but hoping to catch up tonight.
Great thing about AMC is they don't mind repeating their original programming very often. I am rooting for the Brits btw.

Great show, to bad AMC did an awful job promoting the show. Really enjoyed the second season and being a bit of a history fan it was great to see them incorporate some real life figures. Really hoping for a 3rd season but it appears unlikely at this point.

Great show, to bad AMC did an awful job promoting the show. Really enjoyed the second season and being a bit of a history fan it was great to see them incorporate some real life figures. Really hoping for a 3rd season but it appears unlikely at this point.
I hope they're able to get a third season out of it. I really liked the show Copper that they did about NYC post Civil War, but that show got zero promotion as well.

I hope they're able to get a third season out of it. I really liked the show Copper that they did about NYC post Civil War, but that show got zero promotion as well.

Copper was on BBCAmerica.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will get picked up for another season. I feel like it's been slow to catch on, but I have several friends who are in the process of getting caught up from the beginning now.

18157890_1398215793550490_5595307822923341067_n.jpg

Not a fan of the Saturday night move but at least there getting a later start so they will still be airing episodes past the 4th of July. Normally they start early April and are done by mid to late june

I DVR everything nowadays. Some shows I'm not even sure when they actually air.

Not a fan of the Saturday night move but at least there getting a later start so they will still be airing episodes past the 4th of July. Normally they start early April and are done by mid to late june

I'm pretty sure this will be the 4th different night in 4 seasons for this show. Definitely an odd day. Why renew for another season if you're just going to bury it on Saturday night? Maybe a large chunk of their audience DVR's/watches on demand, so it's not a huge deal to them when it's on.

I really enjoy Turn. I found out recently that they film it in Williamsburg, VA where I'll be spending a week this summer. Looking forward to maybe seeing some signs of Setaucket while I'm there. Plus that Anna Strong is quite a looker!

You will love it down there, my parents have a house down there.

I am going down the first week in June.

Nice! I was there in late July and let me tell you, standing in a tobacco field, midday, in late July, is not the most comfortable place to be. Luckily I was able to cool off at the DoG Street Pub later that day!

Final season is wrapping up with the last episode set for this Saturday. Pretty good final season so far, had to move things a little quickly to wrap everything up this year (a 5th season would have been great) but still all and all a pretty good job. Interested to see where they take the last episode, love that they brought Hewlitt back.

Final season is wrapping up with the last episode set for this Saturday. Pretty good final season so far, had to move things a little quickly to wrap everything up this year (a 5th season would have been great) but still all and all a pretty good job. Interested to see where they take the last episode, love that they brought Hewlitt back.

Finally got around to watching the last few episodes. Obviously they deviated from actual history pretty liberally, especially in the second half of the season, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Think I may give the book a read now.

Great show. Sad to see it end. Simcoe character might be my favorite guy you loved to hate, and hated to love.

The last few episodes had a tad bit of rush feeling to it, trying to wrap it up ala Star Wars epIII, but still great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom