TV Coverage | Syracusefan.com

TV Coverage

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
I dropped YTTV during the summer and decided to go with Sling Orange this past week.
Did anyone else experience the same problem with the coverage that I did?
The UVA vs Illini game ran long.
ACCN ran a banner saying SU's game was playing on ACCNX.
Except it wasn't.
Never saw anything until the Virginia game ended. Missed the block punt and the Rutgers TV that was called back.
Then the commercials started. Six or seven back to back almost every time field position changed.
Three times they cut away while a punt was in the air.
Never saw the illegal punt formations. (Probably a good thing)
Came back once and it was already second down.
I suspect they had a contractual agreement to show a certain number and crammed them all in during the first three quarters of the first and second half . They did manage to finally stay with the game during time outs at the end of both halves.
I can't believe it was just Sling, but haven't heard anyone else complain.

At least once, the TV Timeout guy came out in the field and tried to get the refs attention and couldn’t. So Tv went to commercial and the game went on. It was strange. Again, that’s the refs.

The whole thing from the start really sucked. One of those days where everything seems to be off. Watching uva Illinois act like it was a one score game started it off bad.

The whole thing from the start really sucked. One of those days where everything seems to be off. Watching uva Illinois act like it was a one score game started it off bad.
Yup, I told my son this ain’t going to be our day.
They intentionally schedule these games 3 hours apart knowing they will run over. All about getting people to buy some service to watch ACC Network extra.

Yup, I told my son this ain’t going to be our day.
They intentionally schedule these games 3 hours apart knowing they will run over. All about getting people to buy some service to watch ACC Network extra.

Last year the ACCN games were at Noon, 4 PM, and 8 PM.

Yesterday they tried to jam 4 games in at 11, 2, 5, and 8. Assuming this was because all 13 ACC teams were playing out of conference games (Duke played Friday night).

Clearly the ACC should have just stuck with the 12-4-8 plan, and put SU on the ACCNX streaming only plan (like Wake, Va Tech, and Louisville got).

Last year the ACCN games were at Noon, 4 PM, and 8 PM.

Yesterday they tried to jam 4 games in at 11, 2, 5, and 8. Assuming this was because all 13 ACC teams were playing out of conference games (Duke played Friday night).

Clearly the ACC should have just stuck with the 12-4-8 plan, and put SU on the ACCNX streaming only plan (like Wake, Va Tech, and Louisville got).
Why not start those games at 11-2:30-6:00 and 9ish?

Yes, I saw poor production numerous times, in a smooth broadcast you don't notice. The announcers seemed to know only 2-3 players per side, including the QB, poor homework and added almost nothing.

When they showed the replay of Benson's hold??, and I perhaps should go watch it again if it changed anything, but I saw nothing
And the announcer said 'Yeah, you've gotta call that' when they couldn't even point to anything like a hold on the replay, I gave up.
Lotta giving up yesterday, but you asked about the broadcast.

Thanks for the replies but I'm still trying to find out if the abundance of commercial was unique to Sling. How was it on Directv or You Tube

Thanks for the replies but I'm still trying to find out if the abundance of commercial was unique to Sling. How was it on Directv or You Tube
Really don’t remember, but the commercials were more exciting than our offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom