Twitter embeds not fully appearing | Syracusefan.com

Twitter embeds not fully appearing

orange79

Internet Sleuth
Tom,

Yesterday (or possibly the day before), Twitter embeds started partially appearing.
upload_2015-10-10_9-20-50.png

But when clicking on the embed and going to Twitter, you can see the full tweet
upload_2015-10-10_9-21-41.png

Both CuseLegacy and I have experienced this, so I assume others have also. Have any settings been changed lately? Thanks.

Tom,

Yesterday (or possibly the day before), Twitter embeds started partially appearing.
View attachment 52468

But when clicking on the embed and going to Twitter, you can see the full tweet
View attachment 52469

Both CuseLegacy and I have experienced this, so I assume others have also. Have any settings been changed lately? Thanks.

Nope. I'll check to see if there is an update available.

Just had this happen again on an embed that Ox did in the daily article thread but when I reopened the thread the embedded post was normal. Paraembednormal activity.

Just had this happen again on an embed that Ox did in the daily article thread but when I reopened the thread the embedded post was normal. Paraembednormal activity.

The only think I can think of is trimming the database. In the past, if it got too big, weird things happened.

Noooooo... not the database!!!
Y'all will touch it and it will never let me back in again. :)

OK so how much do you think you need to trim? I would like to keep back to 2014.

Noooooo... not the database!!!
Y'all will touch it and it will never let me back in again. :)

OK so how much do you think you need to trim? I would like to keep back to 2014.

Just the user IP address database. It gets enormous if not trimmed. I've never touched tomcat's player database, or the database of posts.

temery said:
Just the user IP address database. It gets enormous if not trimmed. I've never touched tomcat's player database, or the database of posts.

Is that why a lot of banned users no longer show an IP address used? That must be why the system isn't catching some banned users from re-registering under a new handle.

Is that why a lot of banned users no longer show an IP address used? That must be why the system isn't catching some banned users from re-registering under a new handle.

No, it's a separate plug-in that uses cookies to catch someone from reregistering. Using ip addresses after a month or so isn't very reliable with the number of people using cellular devices and dynamic ip's.

Last edited:
Did you ever trim this database, Tom? At least for me, this issue is becoming more and more prevalent. It used to be 1 or 2 embeds here or there. Now, it's pretty much all of them. Thanks.

orange79 said:
Did you ever trim this database, Tom? At least for me, this issue is becoming more and more prevalent. It used to be 1 or 2 embeds here or there. Now, it's pretty much all of them. Thanks.

I've never had the problem. I always figure a system problem would affect everyone.

I'll update the add-on by noon. Trimming the db apparently didn't help.
Tom, did the add-on get updated? It seems to be getting worse. I have posters PMing me asking if there are technical issues.

My embeds are fine but the last few days I have had another issue that only happens on this site. I know it's probably just me but I will be on the recruiting forum and when I try and change forums an info box pops up with two choices leave or stay on this page. Anyone else? And I always use NA as that is the only viewing option that works for me.

Mixed bag, just like with A&O. Some appear full-size, some are just the upper third of the embed. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom