Twitter Responses | Syracusefan.com

Twitter Responses

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
As I read through Twitter comments, I get angry. Not just because this particular situation is a tragic situation that hits very close to home, but because the way our global community communicates now is increasingly concerning.

It’s nothing for an individual to throw out damnifying statements from a place of sound ignorance. They’ll make their hot take, try to capitalize on a trending topic for some small amount of gratification and move on.

What I think about most is, is it possible to actively type these types of things and not feel them in some way? Is it possible to completely detach how you feel from what you type? Are people really willing to judge and criticize the most tragic and sensitive of scenarios with absolute definitiveness with zero regard for the truth?

Social media has undoubtedly changed the way individuals communicate and process information. When does that cross over to face to face communication? Has it already?

Pretty concerning to see such a lack of depth and compassion on such a grand scale.

639F84BD-6771-40B7-BE40-AE9117C9F610.jpeg

If you think Twitter is bad, wait until we go on the road.

As I read through Twitter comments, I get angry. Not just because this particular situation is a tragic situation that hits very close to home, but because the way our global community communicates now is increasingly concerning.

It’s nothing for an individual to throw out damnifying statements from a place of sound ignorance. They’ll make their hot take, try to capitalize on a trending topic for some small amount of gratification and move on.

Are people really willing to judge and criticize the most tragic and sensitive of scenarios with absolute definitiveness with zero regard for the truth?

Nothing new about this. At all. Everything you described happens whenever there is a tragedy involving firearms and the cries for stripping law abiding citizens of their rights rain down as a result. It happens right here on this board.

But I’m sure this needs to go to the off topic forum because it is very inconvenient that many people are fine with ignorance and vitriol as long as it aligns with their own views.

I saw a tweet about him calling in favors, paying money to make it go away, and also that he’d get away wit it cuz he white.

I saw a tweet about him calling in favors, paying money to make it go away, and also that he’d get away wit it cuz he white.

The last part of your sentence is the common argument for most everything now adays. It's a convenient excuse.

Nothing new about this. At all. Everything you described happens whenever there is a tragedy involving firearms and the cries for stripping law abiding citizens of their rights rain down as a result. It happens right here on this board.

But I’m sure this needs to go to the off topic forum because it is very inconvenient that many people are fine with ignorance and vitriol as long as it aligns with their own views.
Way to make this political.

Social media has undoubtedly changed the way individuals communicate and process information. When does that cross over to face to face communication?

It doesn't. 50-80% of humans are two faced and hide the side of who they really are. Most of you here already know this. Social media makes it easy to be the "real"you, when in person they can throw on that fake "work" face. It sucks but it is the way it is and has always been. Its compounded in Millenials and Gen Zers

Did you really need to bring the gun control debate into this thread?

It doesn't. 50-80% of humans are two faced and hide the side of who they really are. Most of you here already know this. Social media makes it easy to be the "real"you, when in person they can throw on that fake "work" face. It sucks but it is the way it is and has always been. Its compounded in Millenials and Gen Zers
I am truly sorry that that is the way you feel about life.

This thread is about 1 or 2 posts from being relocated to the OT board.

Post wisely.

If you think Twitter is bad, wait until we go on the road.

Disagree. Those same people aren't as comfortable without the protection of their keyboard and screen.

Lol - or I have better people around me.

Best of luck, bud.

Reality is, Zepharus is 100% correct. And your response indicates that subconsciously, you know this - because you actively seek to associate yourself with the 20-50% of people who DO NOT fall into the behavior patterns he described.

It isn’t that he’s wrong, it’s that he’s acknowledging an uncomfortable truth that you’d rather deny...even though you base your own, personal life decisions on its accuracy and truthfulness.

This should be on the OT board, but since you brought it up I'm not sure most gun control advocates want to strip the rights of law-abiding citizens. That's a red herring argument that has no proof in what most gun control groups actually advocate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom