Two calls that ??? | Syracusefan.com

Two calls that ???

Halfmooncuse

Hall of Fame
Not that we lost the game on riffing but maybe I need to put the game in slo mo because at least two of the ref decisions I am baffled about. The first was the shot clock runnining out on NC st and a scramble for the ball that NC st picked up after the shot clock expired only to get a new 35 seconds. SU never had possession so how is there a reset. The other is when Keita ties up the Nc st player on baseline with backs to the basket and the ref calls a foul on Keira but awards 2 free throws to a player not in act of shooting and not in bonus?..4 give me points right there.

Is the second one legit? Didn't notice.

I thought mike g was hacked on his layup and it shouldve been an and 1 with a shot to tie.

Yeah, the replay on that was pretty clear the big white kid hit his elbows on the way past.

Still, I didn't notice the game was poorly officiated overall tbh.

Yeah, the replay on that was pretty clear the big white kid hit his elbows on the way past.

Still, I didn't notice the game was poorly officiated overall tbh.

Agreed. A couple borderline calls but whatever.

I agree that we could have gotten some more calls, but that's not why we lost.
We better find an offense soon.

OT - Duke should not be in the semi's - they hacked the Clemson player going to the rim at the end of the game and Clemson got Duked. (not trying to hijack the thread but I had to get that out,, sorry if it has been posted somewhere else)

Didn't anyone notice that they blew the block/charge (AGAIN) on Fair?

The defender took two lateral steps into Fair's path after Fair began his upward motion. And the idiot Raycom broadcaster told us the defender had position as they showed the slow motion shot of this movement.

We came up with an F performance against a lousy team and didn't earn a win. But officials stink at their jobs.

The defender took two lateral steps into Fair's path after Fair began his upward motion. And the idiot Raycom broadcaster told us the defender had position as they showed the slow motion shot of this movement.

We came up with an F performance against a lousy team and didn't earn a win. But officials stink at their jobs.

Yep - we all saw the guy sliding in, in slow motion, as the dip$h!t announcer was declaring he was not moving, they could not have coordinated the video and his comment any better,

... ... ... ... ... but that's not why we lost. We lost because we played like crap.

there was no raycom announcer. it was on espn.

there was no raycom announcer. it was on espn.

It was on both. I watched ESPN in the first half and switched, since that's obviously why we were played like crap.

Didn't help.

I absolutely noticed and commented last night in the game thread (I think it was that one).

It was similar to the Triche call(s) against Ohio State and Michigan. Live it looked like a charge, but the replay showed the defender was still sliding his feet and never came set.

Not that we lost the game on riffing but maybe I need to put the game in slo mo because at least two of the ref decisions I am baffled about. The first was the shot clock runnining out on NC st and a scramble for the ball that NC st picked up after the shot clock expired only to get a new 35 seconds. SU never had possession so how is there a reset. The other is when Keita ties up the Nc st player on baseline with backs to the basket and the ref calls a foul on Keira but awards 2 free throws to a player not in act of shooting and not in bonus?..4 give me points right there.
Cooney was asking the ref about the 2 free throws as they had them line up for the shots. They were wrestling for the ball. In fact Keita had it first and the NCST kid came form behind and the side to tie him up. Since he never had possession, how was he supposed to be shooting? No idea.

As for the drive by Mike G, the big white kid hit him on the arm at least twice as he reached both forward and then back as Mike went by him.

As for the loss not being the refs fault, I don't understand how they don't count as one of the reasons if they do cost you valuable points during the course of the game. They may not be the main reason but they don't a free pass to do a lousy job or screw you just because you aren't playing well yourself. Not from me they don't. That would be like saying, hey CJ couldn't shoot straight last night, so its OK for Cooney to miss a lot too. Never saw any logic in that at all.

Cooney was asking the ref about the 2 free throws as they had them line up for the shots. They were wrestling for the ball. In fact Keita had it first and the NCST kid came form behind and the side to tie him up. Since he never had possession, how was he supposed to be shooting? No idea.

I saw that. From my seat. Behind the opposite basket. In the upper level. So did my girlfriend to my left. So did the diehard random adolescent girl to my right. Nobody had answers to that one, chalked it up to a bad frame of reference. Apparently our initial reactions were valid.

That would make that the second time it's happened this year. In our first game against Duke they called a shooting foul when Parker was ripping the ball away from one of our guys. He was never even close to attempting a shot at any point (and no, they were not in the bonus).

I don't know if this is the same play, but my favorite bad ref moment was Fair driving to the basketball, getting hacked badly on his right side, going up for what would have been a long layup and getting called for the charge that is called a block 95% of the time.

I was talking to someone at half time, a full 10 minutes after it happened and without any context asked how was that a shooting foul and he knew exactly which play I was talking about.

how about the time when it took like 6 seconds to inbounds the ball before state called a T.O. Should have been a violation and the 'cuse's ball. but state hit a 3 point shot to break the tie instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom