Class of 2018 - SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT)

Not sure any human has as much moxie as Devo...still probably my favorite player to watch!
too bad he didn't carry that moxie over to defense. Which he dabbled in.

Because he's from CNY and wants to play for Syracuse, he might project to point guard, and because some kids aren't afraid to compete.
Well, not afraid to compete in a fair competition. Keep in mind who would be judging who the better player is. I want them all to be honest. You can't have too many good board guys or good shooters.

too bad he didn't carry that moxie over to defense. Which he dabbled in.
Hey!! Offense wins championsh...oh wait...never mind!

I just loved watching him jaw with people!

Well, not afraid to compete in a fair competition. Keep in mind who would be judging who the better player is. I want them all to be honest. You can't have too many good board guys or good shooters.

I'm of the mindset that you should bring in the best players you can, and let the rest sort itself out. The lack of depth and widespread injury issues of the past several years are object lessons about why it is important to have more than one guy you're counting on to man a position.

I'm of the mindset that you should bring in the best players you can, and let the rest sort itself out. The lack of depth and widespread injury issues of the past several years are object lessons about why it is important to have more than one guy you're counting on to man a position.
Agreed completely, we were complaining about how much the sanctions hurt us with depth but now that we have a full compliment it’s that we are going to scare players away. I think Goodine is going to be a great player but we shouldn’t be scared to bring in an extra guard. What happens if Carey has a great year and leaves, then we will be scrambling to find a Howard Washington type (no offense I think he will be a good four year player) late in the recruiting cycle.

I guess if you look at the offers he has coming in (and the ones not coming in)...

Pole position.

Do you think strength might be an issue with Tyler? I can't help but look at some of his photos and think this kid needs to hit the weight room. Granted that's the case for most freshmen.

Do you think strength might be an issue with Tyler? I can't help but look at some of his photos and think this kid needs to hit the weight room. Granted that's the case for most freshmen.
Tyler reminds me a lot in stature of Kevin Heurter, Maryland, Andrew Platek, UNC and Alex O'Connell, Duke. They are all a little slight and could use some bulk but you can't measure each with out taking into account their hearts. They all will play and contribute to their teams.

Tyler reminds me a lot in stature of Kevin Heurter, Maryland, Andrew Platek, UNC and Alex O'Connell, Duke. They are all a little slight and could use some bulk but you can't measure each with out taking into account their hearts. They all will play and contribute to their teams.
I can’t put my finger on it, but I think they have something else in common.

Guessing the offers are on the inside, and the interested schools are on the white border.

You should be a symbologist.

Do you think that those are all the teams that are interested, or did he just run out of space trying to list all 347 Division I programs?

Freshman? Kid is just finishing his junior year of high school.

Freshman? Kid is just finishing his junior year of high school.
Actually if he stayed at Cooperstown last year he would be graduating this June. Since he went the prep route it allowed him two years at VA (graduating next year) which seems like a blessing to him at this point.

I guess if you look at the offers he has coming in (and the ones not coming in)...

No offense Pearl, but as a person who grew up like smack dab in between Cooperstown and Glens Falls I think it is safe to say Bertray(and Buddy had he stayed at JD) would be putting up similar numbers in upstate New York high schools had they stayed at home as Girard. I fully believe Girard is the 3rd best player out of Buddy/Bertram/Girard having seen all 3 play.

No offense Pearl, but as a person who grew up like smack dab in between Cooperstown and Glens Falls I think it is safe to say Bertray(and Buddy had he stayed at JD) would be putting up similar numbers in upstate New York high schools had they stayed at home as Girard. I fully believe Girard is the 3rd best player out of Buddy/Bertram/Girard having seen all 3 play.
I would put Buddy first and Girardi second. I have not seen Bertram in the last year though so that obviously plays in. that said Heurter was better than all 3 in my opinion.

I would put Buddy first and Girardi second. I have not seen Bertram in the last year though so that obviously plays in. that said Heurter was better than all 3 in my opinion.

Yes Huerter will play for pay IMO. Bertram has more room for growth. I'm not sure how much better Girard can get. Kind of like Greg Paulus when he came out. He was what he was.

I respect your opinion but disagree with it. If averaging 50 was easy, how come no one else has done it. If Bertram is better than Girard, how come his best offer is Iona. Obviously this book is not closed but we can revisit it in five years. And hopefully, Buddy is better than the other two.

You should be a symbologist.
screen-shot-2010-01-17-at-12-32-19.png

This painting is entitled Signifier and Signified by Brandon Bird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom