Class of 2018 - SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Tyler Bertram (Cooperstown / VT)

Bertram had 13 points (3-6 from downtown) 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in the win over Expressions Elite this morning.

Last edited:

JUST MISSED:

Renaissance (NY) G Tyler Bertram: 12.8 PPG, 13 3PTM, 2.8 RPG

Obviously AA has the stronger teams because of their enrollment size. But the small schools
As a whole have larger total enrollment. Not that hard to understand.
Except that the comp level in those districts growing up is less, and the off season training is less, generally, because there seems to be less need since Jimmy is playing varsity as a 7th grader.

At big schools, depending on the sport, a lot of kids don't play for the HS team.
Baldwinsville's 2019 class has 3 Division 1 level goalkeepers, and a former national team level field player (injuries beat him down) and a D-1 kid in the 2018 class. Out of all of those, only one played school ball last year.
Kirby Dar Dar told me he was only the 5th or 6th best guy on his HS team, and some better guys never even played school ball. As he liked to say, he was good enough to return kicks in the NFL and at Syracuse, but not on his HS team.
The 2 universes you are comparing are not stagnate things without other influencers.

Michigan wouldn't take both Girard and Bertram would they? Seems odd if they think they're a Girard lean.
El package dealio potentially

El package dealio potentially
That's a weird package deal... 2 guys that would compete for playing time against each other? Both players offer elite shooting, and are arguably similar players.

That's a weird package deal... 2 guys that would compete for playing time against each other? Both players offer elite shooting, and are arguably similar players.
I agree it wouldnt make much sense. Then again, “can never have too many great shooters”.

I almost forgot about Bertram. Many here made a case that he was a better program fit than Girard. I'm surprised we've been eliminated.
He doesn't have a scholarship offer from Syracuse, but we've been "eliminated?!?"
tenor.gif

Are you related to Ish88888 on the football recruiting board? You guys have the same vibe...:rolling:

I thought this kid might fit as a reserve guard / bombadier off of the bench.

Didn't show him much love, so no surprise that he's focused elsewhere.

That’s a unique list. Rice?

Back in the day, smaller school CNY kids Scott Knapp and Seth Shafer (Cooperstown just like Bertram)had nice college careers at Siena and Colgate. This kids going somewhere a level above those schools, will be interesting to see how he does.

He doesn't have a scholarship offer from Syracuse, but we've been "eliminated?!?"
tenor.gif

Are you related to Ish88888 on the football recruiting board? You guys have the same vibe...:rolling:

Yeah, that’s even worse than the St. Bonnie’s fans crowing about “outrecruiting” Syracuse for their big man recruit(forget his name). At least that kid had a Syracuse offer.

Or the couple guys on the football board going nuts about the next Jim Brown from some tiny Upstate NY school(forget which one), that’s going to SUNY Brockport and didn’t get a sniff from Cuse.

I thought we'd remain in contact with the guy, and maybe offer late if one of our A targets doesn't pan out. (Like if Girard chooses BC). Many people on this board posted he was a better program fit than Girard because of his height. I guess the staff must feel pretty confident? ;)

I thought we'd remain in contact with the guy, and maybe offer late if one of our A targets doesn't pan out. (Like if Girard chooses BC). Many people on this board posted he was a better program fit than Girard because of his height. I guess the staff must feel pretty confident? ;)

From what we're seeing it looks like they have four or five 2019 SG recruits rated higher on their board than Tyler. Plus a number good 2020 SG recruits. Buddy is likely a four year player, which should fill the backup SG slot for a while. We need a SF or two more than anything.

From what we're seeing it looks like they have four or five 2019 SG recruits rated higher on their board than Tyler. Plus a number good 2020 SG recruits. Buddy is likely a four year player, which should fill the backup SG slot for a while. We need a SF or two more than anything.
I agree, I think the priority needs to be on the center and forward spots. I was just surprised that's all. So many people posted that they thought he was better than Girard. Bertam's offers weren't that impressive either.

I agree, I think the priority needs to be on the center and forward spots. I was just surprised that's all. So many people posted that they thought he was better than Girard. Bertam's offers weren't that impressive either.
If i remember correctly that was based on people talking about his height being 6’5 but that talk came back to earth when it was realized he is more 6’2-6’3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom