Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis

Cuse_MN

Scout Team
Caught the CIA Bounce vs Bluff City Legends (TN) game at the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League in Minneapolis tonight. Went to see Tyler, came away in absolute awe of his teammate, Andrew Wiggins.

First impressions of Tyler. Solid, not spectacular. Wasn't wowed, but the game turned into a highlight reel for Wiggins, so would have been tough to wow. Ennis certainly no physical specimen and didn't seem to be lighting quick, more of a heady/savvy type player. Maybe it was just this game, but wasn't impressed by his motor/hustle/intensity. Hit one deep three, had a couple nice passes. Rest of scoring was in transition, with a couple cherry picks. Wide open dunk, but as noted with his athleticism, not really a guy you'll ever expect to hammer one down, so was weakish two foot/two hand dunk. Had his pocket picked a couple times. All in all, seemed like a solid player, kendall marshall probably a good comparison. Good floor general, but not a flashy elite athlete type.

I had never heard of Wiggins. After about the 3rd dunk, I asked who he was and learned he is the #1 rated sophmore. By the end of the game, after maybe 8 dunks, a couple three's, a few nice drives, showing off a great handle and ability to rebound and play defense, i came away thinking there is no way there is another kid in high school better than him, regardless of class. Hate to make a judgement like this off one aau game, but I think he would be a star at any college in the country next year. Kid is nba ready right now. Was a man among boys tonight, probably had 30-35. He had one series where he hit a 3, then faked a 3 on next possession, juked his man, spun around the help defense then threw down a monster two hand dunk. Ennis threw an oop on a fast break that Wiggins caught with one hand, reared back and flushed. Would have ranked up with any dunk from all of this year's Cuse season. Think 6'7" dwayne wade or a more athletic harrison barnes with a better handle and ability to get to the rim.

JB and Autry were there for the Ennis game but don't think JB watched a single second of the game as he was joking with Huggins and a couple other coaches the entire time. All the big name coaches in attendance. Saw coach K, but he didn't watch the Ennis game I was there for. Saw lots of other impressive players, but they ran out of rosters so didn't have any names to work with. 40 AAU teams here, 5 games going at a time.

Outside of jabari parker, no one is in wiggins class right now ...special talent

Heard he's already been offered a horse ranch in Kentucky.

Of course lol, i think he reclassifies to 2013 and they get him the harrison twins and a couple other top ten kids...2013 will be their best class yet imo

Wiggins is either UK or FSU. Both parents are FSU alums but Cal won't have a problem beating out Hamilton in this one imo.

Caught the CIA Bounce vs Bluff City Legends (TN) game at the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League in Minneapolis tonight. Went to see Tyler, came away in absolute awe of his teammate, Andrew Wiggins.

First impressions of Tyler. Solid, not spectacular. Wasn't wowed, but the game turned into a highlight reel for Wiggins, so would have been tough to wow. Ennis certainly no physical specimen and didn't seem to be lighting quick, more of a heady/savvy type player. Maybe it was just this game, but wasn't impressed by his motor/hustle/intensity. Hit one deep three, had a couple nice passes. Rest of scoring was in transition, with a couple cherry picks. Wide open dunk, but as noted with his athleticism, not really a guy you'll ever expect to hammer one down, so was weakish two foot/two hand dunk. Had his pocket picked a couple times. All in all, seemed like a solid player, kendall marshall probably a good comparison. Good floor general, but not a flashy elite athlete type.

I had never heard of Wiggins. After about the 3rd dunk, I asked who he was and learned he is the #1 rated sophmore. By the end of the game, after maybe 8 dunks, a couple three's, a few nice drives, showing off a great handle and ability to rebound and play defense, i came away thinking there is no way there is another kid in high school better than him, regardless of class. Hate to make a judgement like this off one aau game, but I think he would be a star at any college in the country next year. Kid is nba ready right now. Was a man among boys tonight, probably had 30-35. He had one series where he hit a 3, then faked a 3 on next possession, juked his man, spun around the help defense then threw down a monster two hand dunk. Ennis threw an oop on a fast break that Wiggins caught with one hand, reared back and flushed. Would have ranked up with any dunk from all of this year's Cuse season. Think 6'7" dwayne wade or a more athletic harrison barnes with a better handle and ability to get to the rim.

JB and Autry were there for the Ennis game but don't think JB watched a single second of the game as he was joking with Huggins and a couple other coaches the entire time. All the big name coaches in attendance. Saw coach K, but he didn't watch the Ennis game I was there for. Saw lots of other impressive players, but they ran out of rosters so didn't have any names to work with. 40 AAU teams here, 5 games going at a time.

Good take on Ennis. I agree with you on pretty much all points. He's not as athletic as you want your point guard to be, but he seems like a smart player who is skilled and will do well as an upperclassman.

There is a CIA Bounce team at my son's U-12 tournament this weekend. They came down with only 6 players and have steamrolling their competition. I hope we get to play them today. All of the kids can handle the ball, create their own shots, shoot, etc. Good, solid all around players. They each take turns playing PG in their offense, with the exception of their one post player. A very impressive team for this age group.

Wiggins is already a virtual lock for UK if Cal stays there. He's the #1 ranked player in the '14 class. Don't waste any time thinking about him.

Wiggins is already a virtual lock for UK if Cal stays there. He's the #1 ranked player in the '14 class. Don't waste any time thinking about him.
Lexington should be up in flames by then. Oh wait, I forgot. The NCAA won't expose their cash cow.

Nothing like a endless supply of prepaid visa cards ; )
coach-cal-goggles.jpg

He's such a jackass, but the man's on a roll right now. Hopefully Wiggins parents can stay true to their alma mater, and the tiny chance of Parker going elsewhere and Randle to Kansas happens or else Kentucky will be unreal. I see the class he's bringing in this year as a class like the Knight/Lamb/Jones class, not filled with big dominant stars, but a guy or two who may stay an extra year and mix with an incoming class and be dominant.

Question for you Francis, I know Wainright looks real muscular and strong, but at 6'5, if he develops a little better jump shot could he be a 2 in college? Or even if he is a mediocre shooter, if you mix him with a combination of a 1, 3, or 4 that can stretch the floor can that compensate for his lack of outside shot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom