Tyler Marona podcast with Mikhail Marinovich | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Marona podcast with Mikhail Marinovich

OburgCuse

Starter
Hadn't seen this posted yet but pretty entertaining stuff into Marinovich's life plus ton's of SU football stuff. Lots of stories about the transition to Marrone, hookah bar, and plenty more. It's long (1 hr) but great stuff! Mikhail comes across as a very mature young man who really grew and enjoyed his time on the hill coming all the way from SoCal.

Last edited:
This is a pretty good find. Tyler's podcast, entitled the TradeMark Podcast, is also available on iTunes.

In addition to the interview with Marinovich, there are a few shorter episodes (10-20 mins) featuring former SU FB players. These include interviews with Jay Bromley, Julian Whigham, and Cam Lynch.

This is the best podcast ever. The unfiltered stories are epic.

sounds like Niko was doing some dirty in the back of Hollywood Hookah

You guys hear his story about his last game? Yeah, lets not complain about the vague injury reports anymore.

Great stuff, love the Marrone stories, should not be a surprise to most. he had a nice career here, best of luck to him

They had random class checkers back in the mid '90's too. I remember sometimes it was Bernie Fine or Hop who would poke their head in to see if a player was there. I took a psych 101 with Lucious Jackson and my roommate and I took a few classes together. Once we cut class to grab a slice at Johnny's and walked in to see Bernie eating with Matt Rowe. Bernie looked at us and immediately said "Don't you have a class you're supposed to be at!?"

I've never listened to one of Marona's podcasts before. He has skill as an interviewer--I assume he's doing these to gain broadcasting experience, and it looks like the natural talent is there for this guy to pursue a career in sports journalism, if that's what he wants to do.

Very entertaining stories--Marinovich is a character.

The Marrone training the group of "trouble makers," at 4am story, was awesome. No doubt he was committed to winning at cuse. Goes in line with the story I was told about Marrone, where a teacher told him that some football players were causing trouble in a class, and he said it will never be a problem again, and showed up, sitting in the class himself. Awesome.

The Marrone training the group of "trouble makers," at 4am story, was awesome. No doubt he was committed to winning at cuse. Goes in line with the story I was told about Marrone, where a teacher told him that some football players were causing trouble in a class, and he said it will never be a problem again, and showed up, sitting in the class himself. Awesome.

Yep, funny too when he was talking about GROB telling him he could pretty much follow any program he wanted in the weight room, don't sweat it. Probably goes to show why he was a decent recruiter, terrible coach.

Marinovich was huge in the WVU game on the road if I remember correctly in Marrone's second year

Tulane game... Nice.

Wasn't there an article in the P-S in the build-up to the game about some Louisiana girl who was randomly a huge fan of Marinovich? Now the pieces all fit!

He also fell asleep and stared snoring...first hand by a former player who was in that class.

He made the players run outside in minus degree weather all the time.

Freddy Mercury clone too

Having trouble on SoundCloud saying the link is no good... any other ways to listen to this?