Tyler Marona Syracuse Football podcast/New podcasts coming week of 12/24 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Marona Syracuse Football podcast/New podcasts coming week of 12/24

That was a real fun listen , I listen to a couple others on a weekly basis but I like how Tyler’s more unfiltered and its a great concept talking to someone from the opposing side in the future.. . look forward to hearing more.

Brand New Show for SU vs Florida State. I have on Chris Carlson of Syracuse.com David Visser from FSU SB Nation, and Tashan Reed of the Athletic FSU. Ton of fun and jam packed show. Next week I want to take questions from you all for myself and guests. Enjoy!

Can you find out what really happened during the recruitment of starting UConn QB David Pindell?

It appears he originally verbaled to Syracuse, but didn't have a committable offer. Ended up verballing to South Carolina State, but ultimately went to a JUCO (Lackawanna) before transferring to UConn for his final 2 years of eligibility.

No one is on the story. I think it could be interesting reading (or listening) this game week.

I think it could be really interesting to track down Robert Burton. He had sons play football at SU and UConn, got mad because Coach P wouldn't make his son at SU a captain and gave UConn football a ton of money for its practice facility instead.

He then threw a fit when UConn hired Coach P (he really wanted Addazio). In that respect, he was a visionary.

https://deadspin.com/5744018/a-former-uconn-football-player-puts-robert-burton-in-his-place

His thoughts on the game and the state of the two football programs he was involved in could be very interesting.

Can you find out what really happened during the recruitment of starting UConn QB David Pindell?

It appears he originally verbaled to Syracuse, but didn't have a committable offer. Ended up verballing to South Carolina State, but ultimately went to a JUCO (Lackawanna) before transferring to UConn for his final 2 years of eligibility.

No one is on the story. I think it could be interesting reading (or listening) this game week.

I think it could be really interesting to track down Robert Burton. He had sons play football at SU and UConn, got mad because Coach P wouldn't make his son at SU a captain and gave UConn football a ton of money for its practice facility instead.

He then threw a fit when UConn hired Coach P (he really wanted Addazio). In that respect, he was a visionary.

https://deadspin.com/5744018/a-former-uconn-football-player-puts-robert-burton-in-his-place

His thoughts on the game and the state of the two football programs he was involved in could be very interesting.
Yeah no doubt this is an awesome story line to follow this week. Ill do my best. UCONN actually has decent sources to work with which will be nice.

Fact. Two years ago, Coach Babers and most of his staff skipped the Orange Club golf tournament in Senecsa Falls to visit the Dallas Cowboys training camp. They were there to learn.
It is funny to that Coach openly said he is not a Cowboys fan by any means. Granted having respect for a team does not mean you cannot learn a thing or two. Which is why the Patriots coaching tree gets plucked every year.

Two ridiculous questions:
1. Helping players up on your team and opposing teams. Is this player preference or usually a coaching philosophy? I noticed QBs are usually helped up by OL, but other players may not be helped up. A friend of mine used to say that their coach hated when players helped up their own players because if they can't get up then they can't be in the game. Likewise they shouldn't be helping up defensive players to save your strength.
2. Besides stating the obvious, is there any other signficance to players/coaches holding up 4 when it becomes the fourth quarter? I always laugh at it and wonder if it is a concussion test.

1. Helping players up on your team and opposing teams. Is this player preference or usually a coaching philosophy? I noticed QBs are usually helped up by OL, but other players may not be helped up. A friend of mine used to say that their coach hated when players helped up their own players because if they can't get up then they can't be in the game. Likewise they shouldn't be helping up defensive players to save your strength.
2. Besides stating the obvious, is there any other signficance to players/coaches holding up 4 when it becomes the fourth quarter? I always laugh at it and wonder if it is a concussion test.
questions are answered on tomorrow show! thanks for asking

Many schools do this (not just college). I believe it is meant to signify "We own the 4th quarter."

Many schools do this (not just college). I believe it is meant to signify "We own the 4th quarter."
There’s a lot more to it than that. It unifies the team for the final “lap”. Utilized appropriately, it helps the team reconstitute their focus; which can also energize the team. Think of a marathon runner seeing she/he has 1 mile to go.

Love the pod!

But have to wonder how t f Penn State escaped Tyler's top five most hated?!?!

Fan base that deifies a bitter old man that suborned P e d o p h I l I aand actually feels they are the victims of the NCAA sacntions that were vacated under the threat of legal action.

Love the pod!

But have to wonder how t f Penn State escaped Tyler's top five most hated?!?!

Fan base that deifies a bitter old man that suborned P e d o p h I l I aand actually feels they are the victims of the NCAA sacntions that were vacated under the threat of legal action.

Penn State is up there. If Georgetown didnt suck so bad theyd be my #5

PSU is my #1, followed by Georgetown, followed by UConn (basketball), followed by WVU, followed by JHU (lax).

WVU is a good one. Ill remember WVU being put in our pocket after the pinstripe bowl. I was not a true Orange when WVU was an in-conference game.

I believe it is mostly the "we own the 4th quarter" somebody else mentioned. The first I heard of it was Miami in the '80's, then everybody else copied it.