Tyler Provo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Provo

Excellent. If he's anything like his brother, I'm a fan. Now we just have to keep him healthy.

Excellent. If he's anything like his brother, I'm a fan. Now we just have to keep him healthy.

He's different than his brother. He's a bit shorter but heavier. More of an H back type or blocking TE. Nick was more of a pass catching TE who was built more like a WR.

I, of course, love the commit...assuming that the coaching staff has some idea as to how best to use him. Otherwise...

He's been a silent commit for the last couple weeks, unfortunately couldn't post it here. Time to get the ball rolling.
Without specifics,any other silent commits?

Without specifics,any other silent commits?
from earlier in this thread:
ImperialOrange said:
Would it be safe to assume he's currently not the only silent commit in the books?​
As far as I know he's the only one.​
Twitter: @BJNorowski

Provo also won a State Championship with American Heritage. I love recruiting kids into the program who've won.

Good news and nice to be off the snide. Maybe this gets things rolling. This kid at FB might be a diamond in the ruff.

Question guys, Rivals had Tyler rated as the #2 FB for the class of 2013 and #28 TE. The kid has won, had some other nice schools after him, how is it he comes in NR? These rating systems they have out there are confusing to say the least. Now that we are off the snide, I am feeling upbeat and positive that DM has a plan. This was a great 1st committ, especially for a future RB that may be leaning this way.

from the DO article:

"Provo said he didn’t want to be used solely as a blocking tight end or out of the backfield as an H-back or fullback, and SU’s plan to utilize him at the tight end position set the school apart from his other offers."

great get and the fact that his brother played under Doug and crew and the kid came speaks well of the staff

For what it's worth... Sc**t now has Provo as the 17th ranked TE in his class.

What a difference a day makes.

For what it's worth... Sc**t now has Provo as the 17th ranked TE in his class.

What a difference a day makes.

They also show offers from Purdue, Minnesota, and USF, in addition to BC, L'ville and Syracuse.

It's nice to see a 1st commit with 6 BCS offers.

Question guys, Rivals had Tyler rated as the #2 FB for the class of 2013 and #28 TE. The kid has won, had some other nice schools after him, how is it he comes in NR? These rating systems they have out there are confusing to say the least. Now that we are off the snide, I am feeling upbeat and positive that DM has a plan. This was a great 1st committ, especially for a future RB that may be leaning this way.

Saw that #2 rating as well... Kid must be very athletic... Kinda like the GA TE we brought in this year... Parris... I think its optimal to move kids like this around on the line to maximize opportunity.

Saw that #2 rating as well... Kid must be very athletic... Kinda like the GA TE we brought in this year... Parris... I think its optimal to move kids like this around on the line to maximize opportunity.
Never a bad thing to have a match-up problem for opposing defenses.

Never a bad thing to have a match-up problem for opposing defenses.

Look at how well the Patriots have used their athletic TEs ... Provo would be our third behind Thompson and Parris

Look at how well the Patriots have used their athletic TEs ... Provo would be our third behind Thompson and Parris
I have to admit, after the collapse last season and being slow out of the gate, I was wondering where we were going, but this week is looking pretty good with adding Williams and now this WR from AR too.