Tyler Rouse | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Rouse

will6786

Scout Team
have not heard about him latley last time i knew he was still undecided does the cuse take a last weekend push to offer him up ?

He is a senior but it seems that neither coaching staff is interested.

If they thought he could play at SU they would have offered by now. Just like Nasean Howard at WG who is a JR and already has an offer.

Just sayin', it isn't by mistake that he doesn't have an SU offer.

There seems to be a recruit like this every few years. I think the verdict is he's just not big enough and/or has too much wear and tear already since he was used a ton in HS. Reminds me of Jordan Canzeri the other year.

Okay, but how is it that a school like Buffalo or UMass doesn't take a flier on this kid? His profile shows zero activity. I'm surprised.

There seems to be a recruit like this every few years. I think the verdict is he's just not big enough and/or has too much wear and tear already since he was used a ton in HS. Reminds me of Jordan Canzeri the other year.
I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about Rouse, but I do like the wear and tear comment.
In watching the Senior Bowl, the commentators were speaking positively about a certain running back who had a "low odometer reading" that the NFL scouts like to see.

I guess there is a reason, if not various reasons, why Rouse has no offers (according to recruiting services).

We had a similar player here in the Harrisburg area a couple years ago - Jeremiah Young, who even broke James Mungro's all-time state rushing record. But he was in the 5'8 or 5'9 range, didn't have blazing speed, had a high odometer reading, and didn't obtain many (if any) D-1 offers. He's now at Bucknell and finally had some decent seasons after some injury issues, but is certainly no star.

I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about Rouse, but I do like the wear and tear comment.
In watching the Senior Bowl, the commentators were speaking positively about a certain running back who had a "low odometer reading" that the NFL scouts like to see.

I guess there is a reason, if not various reasons, why Rouse has no offers (according to recruiting services).

We had a similar player here in the Harrisburg area a couple years ago - Jeremiah Young, who even broke James Mungro's all-time state rushing record. But he was in the 5'8 or 5'9 range, didn't have blazing speed, had a high odometer reading, and didn't obtain many (if any) D-1 offers. He's now at Bucknell and finally had some decent seasons after some injury issues, but is certainly no star.

What HS did Young play at? I'm from central PA as well.

Rouse has something like 600+ carries in his HS career and is 5'8 200lbs.

Sounds like a kid from the Syracuse area a couple of years ago. Mike Hart. You just never know sometimes.

I saw a few of his games and I have mixed feelings. He was B'villes offense, line up in the Power I and give it to Rouse, every single time! His size is a concern, if he doesn't pan out as a RB then you essentially wasted a scholarship. I imagine he will go the JUCO route and hopefully gets a shot down the road.

He is pretty shifty and has good vision but who knows how well he would play against good competition. He is a North South runner, hits the hole with great power, and has break away speed.

You nailed it, big time wear and tear concern and that he doesnt have the build to be a top end Div 1 running back. Was never really recruited by SU.

Sounds like a kid from the Syracuse area a couple of years ago. Mike Hart. You just never know sometimes.

Big difference with Hart is that he had big time offers. I don't think Michigan is looking at Rouse.

Big difference with Hart is that he had big time offers. I don't think Michigan is looking at Rouse.
True, and even though he had the mileage, he wasn't really hit all that much . . . .

What HS did Young play at? I'm from central PA as well.

Rouse has something like 600+ carries in his HS career and is 5'8 200lbs.

Steel-High...played on same team with Penn State's DT Jordan Hill.

Hart would bust off a few 80 yard runs in the 1st half and then he would take a seat on the bench. I don't think wear and tear was an issue. He had injuries at Michigan but I don't think overusage was a contributing factor.

the mileage doesn't have anything to do with it. he is just not a D1 RB, and has no fall back position.

Canzeri got an offer though... at Iowa and has even started. I think he was even expected to start his soph. year before being injured.

Canzeri got an offer though... at Iowa and has even started. I think he was even expected to start his soph. year before being injured.

Offer came way late but yeah he ended up there. He played in 3 games as a frosh and did in fact start their bowl game but IIRC that was due to injuries and/or suspensions due to that drug house they were running there.

My point was more, if this guy wasn't in our backyard he would never get mentioned.

I'm strictly guessing but I kind of think that Scott and his coaches are going to be looking at or taking marginal coach up players as much as Doug thought appropriate.When you have confidence in yourself and the program its not necessary to do that kind of recruiting.Sometime you can score big like in Bromley but in to many cases its a waste of time and scholarships

the mileage doesn't have anything to do with it. he is just not a D1 RB, and has no fall back position.

It's not everything but the mileage is a factor.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Tyler did not get much wear and tear. Those few who hit him bounced off. I think he doesn't have the speed to balance the size (5'8" max ). I also think with some kids measurables don't matter.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Tyler did not get much wear and tear. Those few who hit him bounced off. I think he doesn't have the speed to balance the size (5'8" max ). I also think with some kids measurables don't matter.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

He played offense, defense, and specials almost every play, when he hasn't been injured, for three years. He's had at least one major concussion, and he has missed time for other injuries.

He played offense, defense, and specials almost every play, when he hasn't been injured, for three years. He's had at least one major concussion, and he has missed time for other injuries.

I saw 2 games this year. I don't think he ever came off the field. He was even the punter.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Hart would bust off a few 80 yard runs in the 1st half and then he would take a seat on the bench. I don't think wear and tear was an issue. He had injuries at Michigan but I don't think overusage was a contributing factor.

A lot of games he played later into it than he should have. He avoided wear and tear by rarely getting tackled!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom