Tyus Battle sees only opportunities (article) | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle sees only opportunities (article)

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
I often try to seek balance, and maybe lately I've been agreeing with more negative things than I'd like, and maybe Ive not been as kind to the media as I should. I wanted to share an article that helped me feel this team has their heads in the right places. Unlike the might suggest, Tyus uses the word, "we". I dont recall if it's frowned upon to post whole articles, so I'll only post the link and the opening(it gets better, and seems like a useful way to approach life in general, in my opinion). As I've said before, not much would shock me with this team, so it would seem beneficial to check out a positive perspective. Let's go Orange!

By Chris Carlson | ccarlson@syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Even Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack described the end of Syracuse’s regular-season schedule as a “juggernaut," a slate of games filled with tricky tests and difficult tasks against many of the best teams in the country. Others might term it a brutal or daunting schedule, one that includes four of seven against nationally-ranked opponents.
Junior guard Tyus Battle chooses his words a little bit differently.

He doesn’t pick his words as if the rest of SU’s season is littered with potential roadblocks. He prefers the word “opportunity,” one he’s used repeatedly in recent weeks as Syracuse largely taken care of its business against the ACC’s middle and bottom members.
“That’s always the approach," Battle said. “I’m confident. Our team is confident. We don’t go into games like, ‘This is going to be hard,’ or ‘This is going to be a challenge.’ We think we’re good. We believe we’re better than anyone in the country. So (those games are) a good win on our resume.”

(much more at the link below)
With BC dismissed, Syracuse faces a difficult finish; Tyus Battle sees only opportunities

"We’re going to keep winning and we’re going to do it in Syracuse fashion, defense creating wins." - Oshae Brissett

Him saying this makes me feel good, because he's absolutely right, and I sure hope this team understands it. It seems like they do. Every time the offense has clicked even a little bit this season, it's come on the heels of tenacious D.

LGO!

I often try to seek balance, and maybe lately I've been agreeing with more negative things than I'd like, and maybe Ive not been as kind to the media as I should. I wanted to share an article that helped me feel this team has their heads in the right places. Unlike the might suggest, Tyus uses the word, "we". I dont recall if it's frowned upon to post whole articles, so I'll only post the link and the opening(it gets better, and seems like a useful way to approach life in general, in my opinion). As I've said before, not much would shock me with this team, so it would seem beneficial to check out a positive perspective. Let's go Orange!

By Chris Carlson | ccarlson@syracuse.com

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Even Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack described the end of Syracuse’s regular-season schedule as a “juggernaut," a slate of games filled with tricky tests and difficult tasks against many of the best teams in the country. Others might term it a brutal or daunting schedule, one that includes four of seven against nationally-ranked opponents.
Junior guard Tyus Battle chooses his words a little bit differently.

He doesn’t pick his words as if the rest of SU’s season is littered with potential roadblocks. He prefers the word “opportunity,” one he’s used repeatedly in recent weeks as Syracuse largely taken care of its business against the ACC’s middle and bottom members.
“That’s always the approach," Battle said. “I’m confident. Our team is confident. We don’t go into games like, ‘This is going to be hard,’ or ‘This is going to be a challenge.’ We think we’re good. We believe we’re better than anyone in the country. So (those games are) a good win on our resume.”

(much more at the link below)
With BC dismissed, Syracuse faces a difficult finish; Tyus Battle sees only opportunities

Love the attitude and leadership by Battle. The players think they can absolutely play with anyone and, while you have to get it done, that bodes very well for tournament match ups in March when every game is of the highest stakes.

Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom