Tyus Battle now playing for Guangxi Rhinos in the Chinese NBL | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyus Battle now playing for Guangxi Rhinos in the Chinese NBL

Personally I am a supporter of ADA-Blois-Basket 38 and like most of our fans despise the nerds who cheer for ADA-Blois-Basket 41. But I still wish Tyus well.

I think in the 90s and 00’s, they both make it.

Agreed.

Both had old-school NBA games.
Battle was the homeless-man’s Kobe, and CJ really seemed like he’d be a poor man’s Paul Pierce.

Alas, the game moved beyond the midrange game, and neither of those guys was good enough from 3 in the modern game.

I think in the 90s and 00’s, they both make it.

In the 10’s and 20’s, neither can shoot the 3 well enough for their position.
CJ and Tyus were easy guys to root for.
Rakeem, too.
Skilled, clutch and all business, no BS.

CJ should have gotten some NBA time.
He was a legend with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants

CJ and Tyus were easy guys to root for.
Rakeem, too.
Skilled, clutch and all business, no BS.

CJ should have gotten some NBA time.
He was a legend with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants

Very disappointed that CJ never got to play in an NBA game.

Late in his G-League career, after several years of killing it with the Mad Ants, he got called up to the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls were literally DECIMATED with injuries so badly, that they were in danger of not being able to field the minimum number of players that need to be available for games that the NBA rules specify.

So CJ and some other G-Leaguer got called up on a Thursday. As coincidence would have it, the Bulls weren't playing again until Sunday. I got excited because it seemed like it was finally going to happen for CJ.

Not that he was going to stick long term, or necessarily carve out an NBA career based on that opportunity -- just that the stars seemed aligned that he'd be able to get into at least one game [if not a couple] given the state of the Bull's depleted roster, and forever thereafter be a guy who made it to / played in the NBA.

Instead, the Bulls opted to pick up some other player that rolled off a 10-day contract that another team let go, and they dismissed CJ on Saturday. 1 day before he would have played. And just like that, the highly favorable widow of opportunity slammed shut.

EFFFF'ing Bulls.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom