U2... | Syracusefan.com

U2...

Would have like Gallagher to be the opener in the US, but I understand it

Did the Joshua Tree Tour in 1987, man. (Paraphrasing Jim Morrison when told they wouldn't be doing Ed Sullivan again)
Bruce is pretty untouchable but U2's act is GOAT

Bruce is pretty untouchable but U2's act is GOAT

U2 saw the $$$ Bruce made on The River...but looking forward to seeing Running to Stand Still, Tripped Through Your Wires, mothers of the disappeared live

the lumineers as the open means you got another hour of boozing in the parking lot once they start up.

looks like my summer officially starts on 6/28...

the lumineers as the open means you got another hour of boozing in the parking lot once they start up.

looks like my summer officially starts on 6/28...

I'd rather get hit in the head with a metal garbage can than see The Lumineers.

I'd rather get hit in the head with a metal garbage can than see The Lumineers.
yep.

was hoping they would continue to pull a Springsteen and play for 4 hours, but with an open, they wont be coming on till after 9 and then will likely go for about 2:45-3

yep.

was hoping they would continue to pull a Springsteen and play for 4 hours, but with an open, they wont be coming on till after 9 and then will likely go for about 2:45-3

2:25 tops. Part of Bruce is that his songs are so darned long. Bruce plays Incident and Kitty and U2 can fit 5 songs in that timeslot.

2:25 tops. Part of Bruce is that his songs are so darned long. Bruce plays Incident and Kitty and U2 can fit 5 songs in that timeslot.
damn punk songs...

Did the Joshua Tree Tour in 1987, man. (Paraphrasing Jim Morrison when told they wouldn't be doing Ed Sullivan again)

Me too. Twice.

How many other bands have done this entire album concert thing?

I saw Rush doing Moving Pictures in its entirety during the Time Machine Tour in July 2010.

The Tragically Hip did the Fully Completely tour in 2015.

Curious to hear other bands and who led the way with this.

How many other bands have done this entire album concert thing?

I saw Rush doing Moving Pictures in its entirety during the Time Machine Tour in July 2010.

The Tragically Hip did the Fully Completely tour in 2015.

Curious to hear other bands and who led the way with this.

Bruce has done Born to Run, Born in the USA, Darkness on the Edge of Town, and The Wild and the Innocent compete shows, and just did a whole tour on The River.

FedEx, and a Tuesday. That's a bad twofer.

Tell them to make it Nats Park on a Friday. Thanks.

Pink Floyd in '94 was doing Darkside of the Moon in its entirety for the 2nd set.

then Roger Waters did it a few years later, saw him do it at MSG with Nick Mason on the drums...

then Roger obviously just took The Wall out, and did nothing but the Wall. not even an encore.

Without playing the song The River.

No one saw that coming.
I saw him do the song, but it was 1 of like 6 that he did all night. not the 20 I was expecting.

comes out with a few hits then goes into Ties that Bind and Sherry Darling, then starts taking requests.

I was like, well...that's that.

he got back on point with Independence, Hungry and Out in the Streets, then took another request.

came back with You can Look, then lost his way again for bit.

think he remembered what he was there for, so he gave us the River, but that was it.

then 18 songs later he called it a night.

Different show, the earlier part of the tour was the full 19 songs.
he made that public?

didn't know that. would've saved me some angst leading up to it thinking I was getting a full boat before he branched off.

although...the surprise of him just playing the hits definitely added to the awesomeness of the night.

he made that public?

didn't know that. would've saved me some angst leading up to it thinking I was getting a full boat before he branched off.

although...the surprise of him just playing the hits definitely added to the awesomeness of the night.

He did full River in arenas winter and spring (DC and Baltimore thank you) then when he went to Europe he cut back. By the time he got back to the states he was in love with the really early stuff and some deeper cuts (thank you again Bruce) so even though it said The River it was just the usual 4 or so songs from it.

then 18 songs later he called it a night.

Heh I got a good chuckle here.
Did you get the second leg of the tour? Once he went to Europe it all changed. We got 20 straight on the first leg. Honestly but for about 6 songs I'd have preferred white whales. The River album is pretty overrated top to bottom.

Heh I got a good chuckle here.
Did you get the second leg of the tour? Once he went to Europe it all changed. We got 20 straight on the first leg. Honestly but for about 6 songs I'd have preferred white whales. The River album is pretty overrated top to bottom.

It got a little long, but found songs like The Price You Pay that I otherwise passed over.

He really had to kick it up a notch after Drive All Night or whatever slow one closes that record because the arena needed a jolt.

U2 has an interesting issue with this one - I mean opening a show with Streets is not really an option - wonder if they play 2 or 3 tunes then get into the record.

It got a little long, but found songs like The Price You Pay that I otherwise passed over.

He really had to kick it up a notch after Drive All Night or whatever slow one closes that record because the arena needed a jolt.

U2 has an interesting issue with this one - I mean opening a show with Streets is not really an option - wonder if they play 2 or 3 tunes then get into the record.
Agreed on TPYP. Also on Stolen Car and Point Blank.

I think they could start with Streets but need to switch the intro or something. Of course maybe they steal from Bruce and open with a more upbeat b-side like MMITC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom