UCF feeling entitled | Syracusefan.com

UCF feeling entitled

SyracuseMiami

Scout Team
UCF balking at Florida’s offer to play at 2 for 1. They say they should get a home and home since they are a top 10 team. Well a couple years ago they were an 0-12 team. Where does this sense of entitlement come from. Instead of taking the deal and earning the right one day to get a 1:1 they complain that no one will schedule them. News Flash... you’ve had 2 great season and haven’t done much since Donte Culpepper roamed your sidelines.

All these new programs want everything handed to them instead of earning it with years and years of excellence on the field.

Side note... USF took a 2 for 1 deal with the Gators.

Gators AD would welcome 2-for-1 series vs. UCF

UCF is hands down the most annoying program right now. I’d actually root for the typical football factory’s to stomp them.
We literally posted the same thought at the same time

UCF balking at Florida’s offer to play at 2 for 1. They say they should get a home and home since they are a top 10 team. Well a couple years ago they were an 0-12 team. Where does this sense of entitlement come from. Instead of taking the deal and earning the right one day to get a 1:1 they complain that no one will schedule them. News Flash... you’ve had 2 great season and haven’t done much since Donte Culpepper roamed your sidelines.

All these new programs want everything handed to them instead of earning it with years and years of excellence on the field.

Their sense of entitlement probably comes from being undefeated two seasons in a row. They should get H&H’s

I guess the 2014 Fiesta Bowl never took place

UCF vs. Baylor - Box Score - January 1, 2014 - ESPN

Also, would you be surprised if I told you that UCF has been to 3 times as many BCS/NY6 bowl games in the past 5 years as UF. Oh, and UCF won the games too.

But why let let facts stand in the way of a hot take?

Last edited:
I guess the 2014 Fiesta Bowl never took place

UCF vs. Baylor - Box Score - January 1, 2014 - ESPN

Also, would you be surprised if I told you that UCF has been to 3 times as many BCS/NY6 bowl games in the past 5 years as UF. Oh, and UCF won the games too.

But why let let facts stand in the way of a hot take?

They only deserve a home and home if Florida wants to give them a home and home. Why are they always making a scene?

I’m so over this program.

Balking at a 2 for 1 from UF? Gators should just pull the offer and say ok, never mind.

There was never an offer. When asked, Florida's AD said we won't them unless its a 2 for 1. UCF caught wind of what was said and replied.

There was never an offer. When asked, Florida's AD said we won't them unless its a 2 for 1. UCF caught wind of what was said and replied.
Well then my bad on the technicality. Regardless, UCF should jump on the statement and set it up instead of whining about getting dissed. They have no history and play in a crap league. They actually have to earn respect.

GaTech, LVille, and Pitt all agreed to 1-1 games with UCF.

I believe UNC’s extended series with UCF was 1-1.

Better series for UF-UCF would be one game in Gainesville, 1 in Orlando (UCF’s campus) and 1 in either Tampa or Jax. That would give UF a slight lean on the home field advantage they’re after.

Real problem is UF historically never leaves Gainesville to play non-conference games, other than their game against FSU. I don’t think they’ve left the state of Florida to play a true road game since they played SU in the early 90’s

Well then my bad on the technicality. Regardless, UCF should jump on the statement and set it up instead of whining about getting dissed. They have no history and play in a crap league. They actually have to earn respect.
They play Stanford and Pitt next year. They waxed Pitt this year, but I guess that didn’t count.

Huh? Who said they were whining? They just said they're not doing a 2 for 1 with Florida. You blame them for that? Or they should just bow down to the all-mighty Gators and feel privileged to play a 2 for 1 with them?

Better series for UF-UCF would be one game in Gainesville, 1 in Orlando (UCF’s campus) and 1 in either Tampa or Jax. That would give UF a slight lean on the home field advantage they’re after.

Real problem is UF historically never leaves Gainesville to play non-conference games, other than their game against FSU. I don’t think they’ve left the state of Florida to play a true road game since they played SU in the early 90’s
No sec teams play any interesting games
They need to start getting called out for it

They could even play the 3rd game at Camping World and UF would still have 3/4 of the fans.

They play Stanford and Pitt next year. They waxed Pitt this year, but I guess that didn’t count.
When it comes to getting home and homes with in-state P5 programs... nope.

Also, success over the past few years is not at all what I mean by history.

When it comes to getting home and homes with in-state P5 programs... nope.

Also, success over the past few years is not at all what I mean by history.
So you’re basically saying you reserve the right to determine what does and does not qualify as success? How nice of you.

I'm interested to see how the Fiesta Bowl plays out. UCF without its QB and LSU without both starting corners. LSU should have no excuse about not being up for the game like Auburn was saying last year.

So you’re basically saying you reserve the right to determine what does and does not qualify as success? How nice of you.
Nobody is saying they’re bad or haven’t been successful recently.

We’re saying they’re new kids on the block who play in a crap conference and need to earn respect and not scoff at 2 for 1’s from programs that would actually bring them relevance.

When UCF declared themselves national champions last year it was embarrassing. Their team last year was legit and probably deserved more respect than what the committee gave them. They had a legit D.
This year they are paper tigers. They have an elite offense but no defense. UCF would get rolled by Alabama this year.
UCF doesn't deserve 1-1 from Florida. The defending NCs are going for a repeat against LSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom