Uconn - Always there to cheer you up | Syracusefan.com

Uconn - Always there to cheer you up

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Loses to a bad Providence team that was 9-10 going into today's game. The fighting Hurleys are now 8-5 and trending in the wrong direction.

The boneyard as you can expect is handling the outcome well. This team has gotten worse

My favorite comment might be the guy who thinks Hurley's seat is warm because it will be 3 straight years under him with no tourney. LOL Uconn can't afford to buy out the school janitor less Hurley.

Loses to a bad Providence team that was 9-10 going into today's game. The fighting Hurleys are now 8-5 and trending in the wrong direction.

The boneyard as you can expect is handling the outcome well. This team has gotten worse

My favorite comment might be the guy who thinks Hurley's seat is warm because it will be 3 straight years under him with no tourney. LOL Uconn can't afford to buy out the school janitor less Hurley.
Like us, they overrate the talent on the team. Some really thought Hurley was a good coach. He doesn’t coach defense well and his system on offense is horrific. Every game he gets out coached.

That said, he was nice to Tom K so while he isn’t a very good coach and constantly acts the fool, he might not always be as unlikeable as his public persona.

I can't stand Hurley or their fans but I'd take Bouknight, Sanaogo, Akok, and Jackson on this team. Bouknight is a stud. Sanaogo looks like he'll be a very good low post presence for 3 years, Akok if he gets healthy will be a great "glue" guy, and Jackson has a ton of potential although he needs to improve his shooting a bit.

I can't stand Hurley or their fans but I'd take Bouknight, Sanaogo, Akok, and Jackson on this team. Bouknight is a stud. Sanaogo looks like he'll be a very good low post presence for 3 years, Akok if he gets healthy will be a great "glue" guy, and Jackson has a ton of potential although he needs to improve his shooting a bit.

Bouknight has been out almost 2 months and appears he may not be back this year. Akok never full recovered from his achilles tear, got hurt again and is out indefinitely. Id take Jackson but if he came here we weren't getting Kadary, can you imagine this squad without him? Shudder. The Center dude I agree 100%, we desperately need a competent big man who can get on the court.

Bouknight has been out almost 2 months and appears he may not be back this year. Akok never full recovered from his achilles tear, got hurt again and is out indefinitely. Id take Jackson but if he came here we weren't getting Kadary, can you imagine this squad without him? Shudder. The Center dude I agree 100%, we desperately need a competent big man who can get on the court.
I'm aware of that. I'd probably trade any player not named Kadary for Bouknight for the 2021-2022 season (if he even returns). Achilles injuries are brutal and not many expected Akok to be fully back this season. Look at Durant. 1.5 year recovery, he can still have a very good college career. Can't teach his length and his skill at that size is valuable. Jackson's career is way too early to judge... he missed time as well this season but has the frame and athleticism to be a very good college player as well.

I
I bet they’d take Girard or Buddy. They have no shooters and it’s pretty obvious

I'm aware of that. I'd probably trade any player not named Kadary for Bouknight for the 2021-2022 season (if he even returns). Achilles injuries are brutal and not many expected Akok to be fully back this season. Look at Durant. 1.5 year recovery, he can still have a very good college career. Can't teach his length and his skill at that size is valuable. Jackson's career is way too early to judge... he missed time as well this season but has the frame and athleticism to be a very good college player as well.

Bouknight is a fringe lottery guy, he's not coming back and appears unlikely to play again this year.

Akok was an OK player before he got hurt but with the injury who knows if he ever gets back to 100%. Id rather have Anslem at this point. Jackson is going to be a good player id definitely take him but not for Kadary.

I don’t get how UConn has such good betting odds to win the NC.

Ety5yzHXAAEjss4

They had a hard time scoring with Bouknight and they are having an extremely hard time scoring without him.

Yup, they have one shooter on the team in Polley and he was 2-12. Jackson is back from injury for his second or third game and played 28 minutes. Took six shots and finished with 6 points and went 0-3 from 3. Akok is hurt again and didn't play.

Bouknight is a fringe lottery guy, he's not coming back and appears unlikely to play again this year.

Akok was an OK player before he got hurt but with the injury who knows if he ever gets back to 100%. Id rather have Anslem at this point. Jackson is going to be a good player id definitely take him but not for Kadary.
I don’t disagree.

I don’t get how UConn has such good betting odds to win the NC.

Ety5yzHXAAEjss4
I wish there was a market for taking the other side of these future bets, the “No” bets. Betting no for UConn would imply a 3.33% ROI. Effective annual yield of nearly 21%.

Bouknight was making a so so team look pretty good. Without him they have hung in but are trending down. They look basically like Hurley's URI teams except now they play in a real conference and aren't going to get the cupcakes to help them ride into the tourney.

Bouknight was making a so so team look pretty good. Without him they have hung in but are trending down. They look basically like Hurley's URI teams except now they play in a real conference and aren't going to get the cupcakes to help them ride into the tourney.

Yep Hurley is an awful coach and they are trending towards another non tournament year. Fun to see them lose year after year.

Cuse!

Buddy would just play point. See? Easy fix.

We almost lost to Bryant and should have lost to Buffalo. I’m not mocking this year.

We almost lost to Bryant and should have lost to Buffalo. I’m not mocking this year.
College basketball in the Northeast might be at an all time low. UConn and Syracuse are mediocre. Pitt is not good. St Johns stinks. PC stinks. Temple stinks. BC is exceptionally awful. Even UB is crappy.

Hell all the Carolina teams in the ACC are not good.

Other than Nova, the best team might be St Bonaventure, though I think we are a little better.

College basketball in the Northeast might be at an all time low. UConn and Syracuse are mediocre. Pitt is not good. St Johns stinks. PC stinks. Temple stinks. BC is exceptionally awful. Even UB is crappy.

Hell all the Carolina teams in the ACC are not good.

Other than Nova, the best team might be St Bonaventure, though I think we are a little better.
Bonaventure probably beats us. They have the best guard (Lofton) and the best center (Osunniyi) on either team.