UCONN/Diaco | Syracusefan.com

UCONN/Diaco

H

HOFCeluck

After reading their board after their game, and watching ours I can't help but smile when I read complaints about Run/run/pass/punt, about bit going for it on fourth and two, and about him being a first time HC.

I mean we might not be as successful as we hoped with Babers and this new system. But fu@k at least we're trying something unique from every other school in the Northeast stuck trying to win the battle of field position.

Scooch said:
Yep, I'm so happy that we're trying. If it goes down in a flaming wreck so be it, there will always be a thousand traditional coaches to choose from for the next hire.

There's zero chance that it ends as bad as one certain train wreck.

Had to try this route. Had to.

If we ever hire another first time head coach who was a defensive guy, I'll probably lose more interest than I ever have since I got hooked on this here thing.

There's zero chance that it ends as bad as one certain train wreck.

Had to try this route. Had to.

If we ever hire another first time head coach who was a defensive guy, I'll probably lose more interest than I ever have since I got hooked on this here thing.

When the Ash talk was going on around here I was seriously questioning if I could take it anymore.

I love that we finally had the foresight, thank you ex-AD Coyle, to realize that our facilities have been underutilized for years.
We're the only NE school with a Dome & one of the only ones in the country, period. Sooo, why not hire someone to bring a "greatest show on turf" philosophy to the program?
We can refigure what football in the NE looks like- no more meathead "3 yards and a cloud of...dust/slush"!
And the best part is, short of any other programs finding a Dome as their home field, we're the only ones who can do so!!!
Heady days, gents!!! LGO

Last edited:
When that rumor broke, the thread was epic.

Definition of insanity... Thankfully it never materialized.

I reread a few weeks back... Definitely some HOF takes.

I helped a little...

We're the only NE school with a Dome & one of the only ones in the country, period.
The only FBS program with a dome. Tulane was the only other, until they moved to the own stadium.

There are a couple of FCS programs that player in smaller domes.

Alsacs said:
Chris Ash thread... I am really proud of my posts in this thread.

The thought of Ash to Syracuse made me ill. After watching Rutgers ass whipping yesterday i just imagined for a second if he was our HC and what's the results may have been Friday. Talk about dodging a bullet. Dino was a no brainer. We were lucky to get him. Nobody will ever know how close of a decision it was, but it should have been a no-brainer. A HC with experience, that brought a new refreshing style of play that utilizes are built in home field advantage.

Half the team wouldn't be here right now if we hired Ash. Would have been a monumental disaster for this program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom