UConn Football... | Syracusefan.com

UConn Football...

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
Last edited:
There are enormous amounts of players transferring. It's the new normal with the relaxed requirements.

Last edited:
I don't think they wound drop Football. I could definitely see them dropping down to FCS.

The problem with that is that it still costs a bleepload to run an FCS program--with none of the attendant prospective rewards, like TV contracts.

20 players transferring from one program is not the new normal. I'm sure the Power 5 invite is being overnighted as we speak.
This is what will happen when a team changes coaches now with the transfer portal. Most of the players at UCONN were Diaco recruits. A lot of major programs have more than 10 players transferring. Maryland expects 15-20.

With the new recruiting caps of 25/year this will cripple any program. Basically he will have 20-25 graduate or so and another 20 to transfer.

He will only be able to field a team of 65 or so scholarship players next year.

Same thing will happen at UMD if 15-20 transfer.

With the new recruiting caps of 25/year this will cripple any program. Basically he will have 20-25 graduate or so and another 20 to transfer.

He will only be able to field a team of 65 or so scholarship players next year.

Same thing will happen at UMD if 15-20 transfer.
Stanford has 12 and PSU had more than that I believe.

Stanford has 12 and PSU had more than that I believe.
The new recruiting rules don't take that into consideration I would guess.

That is like getting docked 20 scholarships from sanctions...

Where are UCONN players going to transfer to though, are any of them even good enough to stay in FBS?

Transfers in count towards the total and to the recruiting class year but transfers out don't add to that number. Complete oversight on the NCAA's part.

If a scholarship kid transfers out, you should be able to add a kid to your recruiting class.

The new recruiting rules don't take that into consideration I would guess.

That is like getting docked 20 scholarships from sanctions...

Where are UCONN players going to transfer to though, are any of them even good enough to stay in FBS?

Transfers in count towards the total and to the recruiting class year but transfers out don't add to that number. Complete oversight on the NCAA's part.

If a scholarship kid transfers out, you should be able to add a kid to your recruiting class.
Diaco was a defensive head coach so he may have brought in some decent talent on that side of the ball. I think the NCAA will be forced to address that inbalance or a lot of teams will be hurt and the end result is a lot less players on scholarship which are lost opportunities.

If a tree falls in a forest...

I like that the article kept using the word “contributor”. They went 2-10. Contributing to awfulness, I guess.

UConn gave up on football, which probably was the right thing to do.

If a tree falls in a forest...

I like that the article kept using the word “contributor”. They went 2-10. Contributing to awfulness, I guess.

UConn gave up on football, which probably was the right thing to do.

They haven't given up on football until they've disbanded the program. Until then, they'll just be throwing $$'s down the drain. Lots of $$'s.

01B70B0B-B6D0-4669-A0D1-B6D470C9494C.png

They sold out any possible chance to be in a P5 to save basketball. They should drop football.
Going to the BIG EAST helped their chances of being P5. Don’t get me wrong, their odds are hilariously small (it won’t happen), but being in a relevant basketball conference with regional interest and rivalries >>>>>>>>> being in an irrelevant conference with no interest or rivalries, and schedule flexibility > less schedule flexibility when you’re desperately trying to cobble together 6 wins.

Going to the BIG EAST helped their chances of being P5. Don’t get me wrong, their odds are hilariously small (it won’t happen), but being in a relevant basketball conference with regional interest and rivalries >>>>>>>>> being in an irrelevant conference with no interest or rivalries, and schedule flexibility > less schedule flexibility when you’re desperately trying to cobble together 6 wins.

They don't play football in the Big East. Only UConn's Basketball and Olympic Sports were included.

UConn Football is now an FBS Independent. Along with UMass, Army, Liberty, and New Mexico St.

With his incentive-laden contract, I wonder how many types of bonuses this puts in play for good ole Randy?
Keep attrition <50/year=$$
Getting (well, needing) players to play two ways=$$
Needing only one bus for the team and equipment=$$
Compliance with new noise ordinance at home games=$$
Walk-ons playing meaningful minutes**=$$

**With reference to UConn football, I'm not sure how this would be defined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom