UConn Game Thread... | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

UConn Game Thread...

In fairness it's the first week in December of his sophomore year.
It's hard to make such an excuse after such a disastrous game by him. He's played against 2 top-25 teams this year and not looked as bad as he did tonight against a bad UConn team.

We were delusional to think that Lydon is a star. He is a stretch 4 and nothing else. i cringe when ever he puts ball on the floor.

Can't wait to hear the presser.

Have a feeling it'll be like the last 3 pressers. He'll be quiet, give them credit, say they're good and that we didn't make shots and Roberson killed JBs cat.

JB said it's no big deal that we lost Green. How's it look now with Howard as your starting point guard the next two years?

Well...

Would Howard have some plays drawn up by a coach? And would he be surrounded by a bunch of chuckers and big guys who can't post up a 6'3 kid?

Because that doesn't look great.

It's hard to make such an excuse after such a disastrous game by him. He's played against 2 top-25 teams this year and not looked as bad as he did tonight against a bad UConn team.

Of course. Just keeping these fingers crossed that he makes some technical progression.

PG play from both guys tonight was abysmal. No ball movement. They just dribble aimlessly around the perimeter.

We were delusional to think that Lydon is a star. He is a stretch 4 and nothing else. i cringe when ever he puts ball on the floor.
There is simply no inside game this year. Roberson, Lydon and Coleman have no moves in the paint.

If college football teams can have past players on their scout teams, then we should absolutely utilize that on the basketball side

It's like being dumped.

"Why did your girlfriend dump you?"

"I wasn't a very good boyfriend"

It's a cop out answer.

Well of course he would be correct. But would he be correct for the right reasons? He needs to figure out how this team will make more shots moving forward.

had this game been played at home good chance we put up 70. just mind boggling

not the biggest deal. Play on. please don't let this be the last post.

Need to be honest with ourselves and be done with the hero worship.

This team was real bad last year, snuck in the tourney, got a great draw, and had 2 magical games.

The year before we were not going to make the tourney.

The year before we started the year off amazing and ate it down the stretch and into the tourney.

Since Ennis' half court shot (or maybe Fair vs Duke)...we haven't been good.
It's time.
Shhhhhh.

give uconn credit brimah and purvis played good pressure defense shut down white down the stretch and forced a lot of misses inside in the second half.
Picked the wrong night to shoot 25% and 5-26% from deep. COuld of used one of those if we don't hit threes were not beating anyone tonight.

There is simply no inside game this year. Roberson, Lydon and Coleman have no moves in the paint.

Again, how do we come to this conclusion? When the guards won't pass to a big man with his man posted up, how can you say those same guys have no moves? The only times they get the ball are off of rebounds or dump passes on a drive when 4 guys crash into them.

Andrew White might be the worst passer I've ever seen. Watch him...every pass is low, high or wide...our guys can't get in rhythm off his throws

He also cannot dribble without looking at the ball. How are you a 23 year old wing-type player that has been at Kansas and Nebraska and you're still unable to dribble the ball twice without looking down? Unfathomable.

There's a reason Gillon & White are 5th year transfers. Hope they can improve but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom