UConn passing us... | Syracusefan.com

UConn passing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrychuck

All Conference
...one time might have been excused by their hiring of a HOF coach and our sloppy compliance practices with NCAA rules.

A second time is inexcusable.

What are we going to blame it on this time?

...one time might have been excused by their hiring of a HOF coach and our sloppy compliance practices with NCAA rules.

A second time is inexcusable.

What are we going to blame it on this time?
Fckk UConn, we have our own issues. Who gives a rats patoot what they’re doing? Do we play them anymore? Yes, we recruit against them but that’s always been so- we win some, they win some.
We get blasted by Ped State, and we’re worried about UConn?! Sheesh

Fckk UConn, we have our own issues. Who gives a rats patoot what they’re doing? Do we play them anymore? Yes, we recruit against them but that’s always been so- we win some, they win some.
I don't think it's about worry. It's about a barometer. At this point, the fact that anyone can legitimately put us both in the same sentence is a travesty. Your reaction is proof of how much the truth hurts.

I’m not worried about UConn at all. I worry about things like cancer and nuclear war.

Just saying that our many MANY posts about the decline of their program in relation to ours are about to become pretty embarrassing.

A cautionary tale against arrogance.

I don't think it's about worry. It's about a barometer. At this point, the fact that anyone can legitimately put us both in the same sentence is a travesty. Your reaction is proof of how much the truth hurts.
My point is...so what if it’s true? I don’t find it a “travesty” that UConn is on its way back. They have a history, and the move back to the NBE saved their program. Bully for them!
I’m just a believer in worrying about your own roof when isht hits the fan.
We’re likely looking at a miserable year, with a HC who’s looking more and more decrepit as the seasons go on. We’re in deep doodoo, & the stench is steadily growing.
So excuse me if I’m not thinking:“Gee, look at UConn”, at this moment. I’m more concerned that i might be witnessing the cratering, not to mention the first losing season in my lifetime, of our beloved Orange! JMHO

My point is...so what if it’s true? I don’t find it a “travesty” that UConn is on its way back. They have a history, and the move back to the NBE saved their program. Bully for them!
I’m just a believer in worrying about your own roof when isht hits the fan.
We’re likely looking at a miserable year, with a HC who’s looking more and more decrepit as the seasons go on. We’re in deep doodoo, & the stench is steadily growing.
So excuse me if I’m not thinking:“Gee, look at UConn”, at this moment. I’m more concerned that i might be witnessing the cratering, not to mention the first losing season in my lifetime, of our beloved Orange! JMHO
Well, sports are not played in a vacuum. Teams are considered good or bad by how they measure up to other teams, even teams that don't play head to head. So, if you only pay attention to your own team and never any others, you won't see the whole picture. I have no power to change anything under the SU roof, so I will sometimes look at former rivals and acknowledge that it sucks when we fall past them down the ladder.

Well, sports are not played in a vacuum. Teams are considered good or bad by how they measure up to other teams, even teams that don't play head to head. So, if you only pay attention to your own team and never any others, you won't see the whole picture. I have no power to change anything under the SU roof, so I will sometimes look at former rivals and acknowledge that it sucks when we fall past them down the ladder.
Again, IMHO, we don’t have the luxury of looking at others right now, past rivals or not.
You don’t turn the hose on your neighbors untouched house, while your own house is burning. You put out your own fire, and then start giving a isht about your neighbor’s dwelling.
IMO, it’s a monumental waste of time to shift focus...but, to each his own.

Again, IMHO, we don’t have the luxury of looking at others right now, past rivals or not.
You don’t turn the hose on your neighbors untouched house, while your own house is burning. You put out your own fire, and then start giving a isht about your neighbor’s dwelling.
IMO, it’s a monumental waste of time to shift focus...but, to each his own.
Tell me. How are you putting out any fires? Are you on the staff? I certainly hope the staff doesn't do at their job what we do on internet message boards.

This is a ridiculous take. UConn has had three straight losing seasons. We haven't even had one, yet. A lot of teams are ahead us us right now. UConn isn't on our radar for our problems.

Since you’ve been one of the arrogant, I’m not surprised that is your ridiculous take.

Tell me. How are you putting out any fires? Are you on the staff? I certainly hope the staff doesn't do at their job what we do on internet message boards.
No, you tell me. How does stressing over UConn help w/ OUR situation this year?
This forum mostly discusses and dissects all things SU, not UConn.
Look, you wanna shift focus to UConn, then have at it- power to you. I personally just don’t see the point...especially after getting drubbed by Ped State...in basketball no less, not football. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Look, you wanna shift focus to UConn, then have at it- power to you. I personally just does see the point...especially after getting drubbed by Ped State...in basketball no less, not football. We can agree to disagree.
Who said I was stressed? I call it observation. You failed to answer the question. how is your course of action changing the program?

Look, you wanna shift focus to UConn, then have at it- power to you. I personally just does see the point...especially after getting drubbed by Ped State...in basketball no less, not football. We can agree to disagree.

Well since I started the thread, that’s on me more than sufandu.

it’s a measuring post not so much as to how far we’ve fallen as about how far we’re about to fall.

A need for change? Sooner may be better.

Who said I was stressed? I call it observation. You failed to answer the question. how is your course of action changing the program?
Dude, by that logic even having this forum is a waste of time since all we do is discuss & dissect. Obviously what we SAY here has no effect in decisions being made as per the program.
I believe i made myself quite clear, but let me reiterate. We, SU, were just overmatched in two games in NYC, by 2 pathetically average teams. It’s been a steady death spiral of bad coaching, recruiting, conditioning, you name it! This teAm looks pathetic right now, and traumatically, I’m personally contemplating a losing season for the first time since 1974, when i first became a fan.
So, excuse me if the last thing i wanna discuss is all the above, in relation to...UConn? Hey, maybe it’s just me!
Again, let’s just agree to disagree- it’s above me now. Capiche’?

Yep, that's me. arrogant. So, it is your take that UConn, who has just suffered three straight losing seasons, has passed us. Got it.

What you clearly DON’T get is the difference between looking backward and forward.

So 3 bad losses early in the year from a young team puts us behind a program that’s had 3 straight losing seasons. Interesting.

There’s going to be bad losses now, later this season and next year. This isn’t a short term deal, 15 to 20 games like JB says.

What you clearly DON’T get is the difference between looking backward and forward.
No. I get it. One is a fact. The other is an opinion. Fact...UConn has had three losing seasons in a row. We have gone to the NCAA tournament in 2 of those seasons. Opinion...UConn has passed us. My question is why pick UConn? Why not Seton Hall? Or Providence? A stronger case can be made there.

No. I get it. One is a fact. The other is an opinion. Fact...UConn has had three losing seasons in a row. We have gone to the NCAA tournament in 2 of those seasons. Opinion...UConn has passed us. My question is why pick UConn? Why not Seton Hall? Or Providence? A stronger case can be made there.

Well, when you live in Connecticut (I can attest) and you can see what’s about to happen, it’s a little more painful. And there’s no doubt that UConn is on the verge of stepping over SU. I tend to think it could be two more years before SU sees the tourney again.

UConn will be a bubble tram at best this year and have stunk since 2015.. They have one decent win over Florida who appears to be overrated. That being said if you wanted to say Seton Hall has passed us then you would be right.

Last edited:
Not to pick sides, but we are trending downward.. Recent history??? Andre Jackson debacle?/ I know we got Richmond and now every pair of orange glasses swears he's a better get. I'm not sure one way or the other Jax vs. Richmond. Anybody remember the Garden last year. Someone in another post didn't feel we got embarrassed there. Hurley stole JImmy's lunch and fed it to his dog ( no husky pun intended). C'mon peeps we're hurting and need change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom