UConn... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

UConn...

CydX2UhWEAANdgR.jpg

It's okay. They're getting some very valuable moral victories in right now that will do wonders for them in March and line them up for a deep run in the CBI. No doubt they will be a very tough out.

you think the CBI will invite a team that goes 10-20?

That's pretty detailed. If SU had that, they'd just release a sentence saying upper body injury, lower body injury, and lower body injury, no time table to return.

Syracuse: Lower body injury, might come back for NCAA Tournament

[gets 1 seed]

Syracuse: Yeah, he's not coming back. Dude's leg is kinds of messed up.

My guess is they asked/wheedled/cajoled the families to allow them to announce this Ollie could get his excuses out there to recruits for the miserable season they are about to have.

He should send pictures of the mic taped to his face, that should be recruiting gold.

How is this not a HIPAA violation?
I read an article a while back about this. The article stated that a lot of schools are over cautious about letting coaches speak about injuries. In most cases, since most schools athletic departments are not considered part of the health care component, HIPPA laws do not apply to athletic departments. Unless of course the release comes from a doctor or trainer. In most cases a waiver has been signed before the season allowing coaches to receive medical information. Since this information release was approved by the patient or guardian, and the recipient was not part of the healthcare component, it is not subject to HIPPA laws. The article compared it to someone receiving authorized medical information about a friend or relative. They are also not subject to HIPPA laws. Like I said this is from an article I read so I can't guarantee the article's accuracy.

I have a bad feeling about our upcoming game against UConn, and I am never wrong.

(or something like that).
This meme was funnier when we actually were good once upon a time.

This meme was funnier when we actually were good once upon a time.

When it's darkest, laugh at uconn. (Except for the injuries, those are all good players with a ton of potential and don't even want their fans to go through that, much less the kids.)

When it's darkest, laugh at uconn. (Except for the injuries, those are all good players with a ton of potential and don't even want their fans to go through that, much less the kids.)
I take serious exception with this post. It's awful (and I mean that) that these kids have had their season ended, especially so early in the season.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if most of their fans went through more Hell than a Bosch painting.

Let's face it - nothing about this UConn team is equipped to beat the zone at all. They don't have anyone to put in the middle, the have no low post presence, and I don't think any of them are decisive enough to make the quick decisions like UW did. Their best chance is to come out and try to play D like SC did and keep this in the 50s. They don't have another game until Monday which is a huge advantage for them, meanwhile we play Saturday. This will say a lot abou our team. UConn still has talent and the potential to put it all together with Adams, Purvis, Jackson, Vital, Brimah, etc. But I believe we're 8-2 in our last 10 vs. them and this is arguably the worst team they've had in those 10 games. But, it is college basketball

Let's face it - nothing about this UConn team is equipped to beat the zone at all. They don't have anyone to put in the middle, the have no low post presence, and I don't think any of them are decisive enough to make the quick decisions like UW did. Their best chance is to come out and try to play D like SC did and keep this in the 50s. They don't have another game until Monday which is a huge advantage for them, meanwhile we play Saturday. This will say a lot abou our team. UConn still has talent and the potential to put it all together with Adams, Purvis, Jackson, Vital, Brimah, etc. But I believe we're 8-2 in our last 10 vs. them and this is arguably the worst team they've had in those 10 games. But, it is college basketball

I actually think playing Saturday and getting an easy win will help us get some confidence back. Plus, uconn hadn't played in almost a week and look at that miserable showing. Another five day layoff won't help them.

I actually think playing Saturday and getting an easy win will help us get some confidence back. Plus, uconn hadn't played in almost a week and look at that miserable showing. Another five day layoff won't help them.
I hope. ALl I know is Ollie has 4 days to practice against our zone. And while UConn has clearly struggled this year, they do have several capable shooters. If we can keep Adams contained I like our chances, but this type of game worries me. UConn needs it way more than us. Regardless, I'll be there wearing Orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom