Ugly statistic… | Syracusefan.com

Ugly statistic…

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
In The Athletic’s article AP Top 25: Michigan State climbs to No. 5; Wake Forest in top 10 for first time they included the following:
408B546D-3251-43FE-B781-4EEE0D8855DA.jpeg

Hopefully Dino will get the Orangemen off of that list in the next couple of years.

What makes me most disappointed is not that we haven't been in the top 10 recently, but that we were never top 10 during McNabb's junior and senior years. That's hard to believe, given the guys we also had on defense in '97.
Weren't we preseason Top 10 one of those years?

2001 and 2018 should have been
We were properly rated those years. It’s not like we didn’t have a chance. We got blown out by Miami and ND respectively.

Top 10 that year if the Pitt fg kicker doesn’t have the game of his life.

OR if they blow the play dead where Dungey got stood up by half of Pitt’s D-line, and the other half worked on stripping the ball from him for about 5 seconds after his forward progress had been completely halted.

fumble. :rolleyes:

nah. I’m not still bitter

Top 10 that year if the Pitt fg kicker doesn’t have the game of his life.
Actually if Eric doesn't get injured against Notre Dame, we probably would have finished on the top 10.

2001 at #14 was right on the cusp.

WUDDACUDDA. and preseason don't mean squat. get us in the polls and i might let up a bit. til then...

WUDDACUDDA. and preseason don't mean squat. get us in the polls and i might let up a bit. til then...
Disagree

Preseason puts you in position to have a good year and if you can get a few wins early, stay relevant during the year

Case in point 2019. Prior to Maryland game nationally we were relevant and a potential dark horse in ACC.

Then the rest of the season happened

If we somehow how finish 8-5 / 9-4 we probably get receiving votes and with what we have coming back, will probably start preseason receiving votes next year. Beat Purdue and we may end up top 25 early next season.

Golden opportunity with
UConn, Purdue, Wagner, ND.

Start 4-0, we are ranked next year

Last edited:
Disagree

Preseason puts you in position to have a good year and if you can get a few wins early, stay relevant during the year
disagree.

much rather be climbing up steady onto the ladder than slippy sliding down into oblivion after week 1.

disagree.

much rather be climbing up steady onto the ladder than slippy sliding down into oblivion after week 1.
Which is why I said get a few wins early ... I.e. non conference schedule.

you make "a few early wins " sound easy . a win against Albany don't keep you in the polls .it's simple . beating quality opponents. that's what gets you ranked nationally and that's exactly why we aren't. we're 64. not good.

you make "a few early wins " sound easy . a win against Albany don't keep you in the polls .it's simple . beating quality opponents. that's what gets you ranked nationally and that's exactly why we aren't. we're 64. not good.
And if we beat Purdue and ND next season, we are ranked

Travis Etienne deciding to have the best quarter of play in his life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom