UNC Fan at Football Game | Syracusefan.com

UNC Fan at Football Game

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Made small talk to a UNC fan sitting behind me at the Dome on Saturday. I was being complementary about both basketball teams for 2019.

The guy made his disdain immediately known for Boeheim. Told me to my face he does less with his talent than any coach and can't win the big game. He is a bad coach.

I told him he was full of BS and immediately let him know he was being a jerk for saying that in our stadium. Typical UNC . My least favorite ACC fans. He slinked out behind me sometime during overtime.

Made small talk to a UNC fan sitting behind me at the Dome on Saturday. I was being complementary about both basketball teams for 2019.

The guy made his disdain immediately known for Boeheim. Told me to my face he does less with his talent than any coach and can't win the big game. He is a bad coach.

I told him he was full of BS and immediately let him know he was being a jerk for saying that in our stadium. Typical UNC . My least favorite ACC fans. He slinked out behind me sometime during overtime.
How come JB has beat Roy in big games?

The main thing that drives me nuts with opposing fans. They act like we get 3 mickey dees a year. Its actually a backhanded compliment to Boeheim when you really think about it. He makes these kids so much better then when they first arrived that they assume their all americans from the jump. Also shows hes one hell of talent evaluator of under the radar kids. Boeheim would have more titles with Roys recruiting classes and never have kids leave early also

I think he meant “No kids have done less work in school than UNC players”

Was he from NC, or was he a typical Upstate NY’er UNC fan with a chinstrap beard?
Not sure but lean towards Upstate NY. He was wearing a UNC Baseball Jacket. He was about 40 but was out of shape. I think his parents were sitting next to him. The lady told me they were from Albany earlier.

Not sure but lean towards Upstate NY. He was wearing a UNC Baseball Jacket. He was about 40 but was out of shape. I think his parents were sitting next to him. The lady told me they were from Albany earlier.

Ugh. Terrible. I met an “Alabama fan” from upstate NY the other day. I have no respect for these people as sports fans.

Eh. I took my UNC brother in law who was delightful and contributed well to the economy in Syracuse.

The guy behind me wanted Babers fired and was calling for the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter. Nevermind lady next to me who ordered 4 orders of nachos, ate none, snapchatted for the first half then left with her pack of cigs never to be seen from again.

Everyone has their issues.

Eh. I took my UNC brother in law who was delightful and contributed well to the economy in Syracuse.

The guy behind me wanted Babers fired and was calling for the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter. Nevermind lady next to me who ordered 4 orders of nachos, ate none, snapchatted for the first half then left with her pack of cigs never to be seen from again.

2 minute warning...lol!

At that moment , I'm urging him to hurry up and get down to the field to tell the refs they forgot the two minute warning before it's too late. Probably doesn't work but worth a shot and the memory if he does..

Good on you, bud.

What did she do with the nachos?

What a jerk! But don’t coat all Heel fans with the same black tar. I had a wonderful friend, Chapel Hill Bill, who recently died, and before every basketball game he would send me a photo of him and Boeheim taken 20 years ago, captioned with something very corny. He would ALWAYS compliment Boeheim, and often encourage me by text during games when we weren’t doing well. He and I have texted each other during games ever since text was invented, and honestly, my enjoyment of basketball this year will be somewhat dimmed because he is gone. :(

But I’m glad you took on that other guy and I’m glad we beat Carolina on Saturday!

The main thing that drives me nuts with opposing fans. They act like we get 3 mickey dees a year. Its actually a backhanded compliment to Boeheim when you really think about it. He makes these kids so much better then when they first arrived that they assume their all americans from the jump. Also shows hes one hell of talent evaluator of under the radar kids. Boeheim would have more titles with Roys recruiting classes and never have kids leave early also

Boeheim and cuse with 20 burger boys all time. North Carolina with 20 since 08. Incredible. The guy is the definition of over achiever. They’ll write many leatherbound books about him when he’s long gone. A true legend of the game, who’s brilliance won’t be appreciated by the masses. They also hated Jesus. Stay different jimmy and bring us to the promised land.

Boeheim and cuse with 20 burger boys all time. North Carolina with 20 since 08. Incredible. The guy is the definition of over achiever. They’ll write many leatherbound books about him when he’s long gone. A true legend of the game, who’s brilliance won’t be appreciated by the masses. They also hated Jesus. Stay different jimmy and bring us to the promised land.
Wow Jimmy and Jesus. Based on the physical descriptions of Jesus im pretty sure he JB would have him at the 2. With his length and instincts he would have been really good at the top of the Zone and a great influence in the locker room. Id compare him to Leo or possibly Marius.

Ugh. Terrible. I met an “Alabama fan” from upstate NY the other day. I have no respect for these people as sports fans.
Oh be careful OrangeDW, I am a Syracuse fan living in NC. Feels like the shoe is on the other foot. I tend to agree with you about "no respect" but I see it as no respect for Syracuse rather than me. Nary a good word about the town, the school, the players or the coaches.

You should've replied, rather snidely, that our talent has to actually go to real classes in addition to playing hoops, unlike UNC. :)

Was he from NC, or was he a typical Upstate NY’er that roots for random powerhouses type...that usually seems to have a chinstrap beard?
Lol
I remember being a little kid in Utica and wanting one of those cartoonishly large pair of b-ball shorts from the Michigan fab five era. Thank goodness my old man put a stop to that before it went too far.

Why didn’t you just punch him in face? End of discussion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom