UNC Game Preview (2/25/23, 3pm) | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Preview (2/25/23, 3pm)

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
The Syracuse Orange look to bounce back from their first of the season, against a conference rival attempting to do the same. I don't want to call this a must win game, but when looking at the SU schedule, this matchup against UNC looks to present itself as the best opportunity for a quality win. It's a home game and the Tar Heels look to be struggling mightily on offense. That doesn't mean this will be easy, but Syracuse has to try and chaptalize here.

In watching their game with OSU, I would say that UNC currently lacks dynamic dodgers. Logan McGovern I'd describe as lively, and he is the Tar Heels most aggressive player as he leads the team in shots with 22 (next closest player is Sean Goldsmith with 13). I think Caccamo matches up with the Bryant transfer. I think the Heels want Lance Tillman to be the offensive quarterback, but he was held scoress against the Buck Eyes had has just six points in three games. He's the only mainstay holdover from last year's offense and it looks like UNC is still having trouble incorporating all pieces. Expect Clary on him. Sean Goldsmith rounds out the attack. He's very big at 6'4 but to me looks more like a stationary shooter. The Heels play a lot of players from the midfield but seem to be struggling to find a consistent group. No midfielder has more than four points.

I think the goal for Syracuse has to be to limit open shots for the Tar Heels. It's imperative that the SU middies not slide and create offense for the Tar Heels. UNC might be struggling but they still have guys who can absolutely sling it. They also have some behemoths on offense with players like Harry Wellford, James Mattan, Griffin Gallagher and Dewey Egan (who was out against OSU) along with Goldsmith who all stand over 6'3. The SU d-middies are not big as none of them are over 6 feet. They cannot panic if one of the big guys gets matched up with a shorty. Syracuse did a really poor job of allowing wide open looks for Maryland shooters (another team that lacks dynamic dodgers). I think it's really important for SU to shut the Tar Heels down early, the more they struggle, the less confidence they'll have and the more mistakes they'll make (they did this against OSU and let the game slip through their fingers).

On the other side of the field, the Tar Heels are very, very good. They have a goalie who looks back to his freshman year self (saving the ball at 67%), and a defensive group that doesn't look to have a weak spot. Paul Barton is very good and held Jack Myers to just a goal and an assist. The rest of the unit is big and athletic, including the short sticks. Syracuse probably won't score many goals off the dodge this week and will need to move the ball and create scoring chances with their passing. I imagine Barton will be on Spallina. I'd personally like to see Hiltz show a little more initiative this season, he's been a little passive so far. The Orange had success last week against Maryland short sticks, but UNC's duo of Conor Maher and Alex Breshci are very good. Again, we need to see the ball movement and passing that has been, I'd say, "teased" so far this season. Also SU had way too many turnovers and bad penalties from their offensive players against Maryland, that can't happen again.

The big question of course will be the face-offs. Andrew Tyerar is winning at a 63% clip and he's won the matchup in each three Tar Heel games. What will Syracuse do if Richiusa struggles the same way he did against Maryland? Will Gait and Co have a backup plan? This is clearly the biggest question mark this team has right now and while UNC might not have Weriman, but Tyerar is a very good FOGO. Will they try a long pole? It feels like SU needs to win somewhere in the range of 40-45%. Lastly, it kind of goes without saying but SU can't afford to give up seven penalties again.

I think SU has a good chance of winning this game (they are favorites) but will need to play better against UNC than they did against Maryland. I see a lot of similarities in these two games which makes me nervous. Maryland was a team incorporating a lot of new players on offense with a strong defense, with a good fogo, coming off a poor loss. I think Maryland is a better coached team, and their shooters are probably better than UNC, but SU can't leave UNC shooters open the way they did against the Terps, and expect that they will only score 5 goals again. Offense has to play smart, defense has to be patient and calm and the face-off group has to fight like heck to get possession.

The Syracuse Orange look to bounce back from their first of the season, against a conference rival attempting to do the same. I don't want to call this a must win game, but when looking at the SU schedule, this matchup against UNC looks to present itself as the best opportunity for a quality win. It's a home game and the Tar Heels look to be struggling mightily on offense. That doesn't mean this will be easy, but Syracuse has to try and chaptalize here.

In watching their game with OSU, I would say that UNC currently lacks dynamic dodgers. Logan McGovern I'd describe as lively, and he is the Tar Heels most aggressive player as he leads the team in shots with 22 (next closest player is Sean Goldsmith with 13). I think Caccamo matches up with the Bryant transfer. I think the Heels want Lance Tillman to be the offensive quarterback, but he was held scoress against the Buck Eyes had has just six points in three games. He's the only mainstay holdover from last year's offense and it looks like UNC is still having trouble incorporating all pieces. Expect Clary on him. Sean Goldsmith rounds out the attack. He's very big at 6'4 but to me looks more like a stationary shooter. The Heels play a lot of players from the midfield but seem to be struggling to find a consistent group. No midfielder has more than four points.

I think the goal for Syracuse has to be to limit open shots for the Tar Heels. It's imperative that the SU middies not slide and create offense for the Tar Heels. UNC might be struggling but they still have guys who can absolutely sling it. They also have some behemoths on offense with players like Harry Wellford, James Mattan, Griffin Gallagher and Dewey Egan (who was out against OSU) along with Goldsmith who all stand over 6'3. The SU d-middies are not big as none of them are over 6 feet. They cannot panic if one of the big guys gets matched up with a shorty. Syracuse did a really poor job of allowing wide open looks for Maryland shooters (another team that lacks dynamic dodgers). I think it's really important for SU to shut the Tar Heels down early, the more they struggle, the less confidence they'll have and the more mistakes they'll make (they did this against OSU and let the game slip through their fingers).

On the other side of the field, the Tar Heels are very, very good. They have a goalie who looks back to his freshman year self (saving the ball at 67%), and a defensive group that doesn't look to have a weak spot. Paul Barton is very good and held Jack Myers to just a goal and an assist. The rest of the unit is big and athletic, including the short sticks. Syracuse probably won't score many goals off the dodge this week and will need to move the ball and create scoring chances with their passing. I imagine Barton will be on Spallina. I'd personally like to see Hiltz show a little more initiative this season, he's been a little passive so far. The Orange had success last week against Maryland short sticks, but UNC's duo of Conor Maher and Alex Breshci are very good. Again, we need to see the ball movement and passing that has been, I'd say, "teased" so far this season. Also SU had way too many turnovers and bad penalties from their offensive players against Maryland, that can't happen again.

The big question of course will be the face-offs. Andrew Tyerar is winning at a 63% clip and he's won the matchup in each three Tar Heel games. What will Syracuse do if Richiusa struggles the same way he did against Maryland? Will Gait and Co have a backup plan? This is clearly the biggest question mark this team has right now and while UNC might not have Weriman, but Tyerar is a very good FOGO. Will they try a long pole? It feels like SU needs to win somewhere in the range of 40-45%. Lastly, it kind of goes without saying but SU can't afford to give up seven penalties again.

I think SU has a good chance of winning this game (they are favorites) but will need to play better against UNC than they did against Maryland. I see a lot of similarities in these two games which makes me nervous. Maryland was a team incorporating a lot of new players on offense with a strong defense, with a good fogo, coming off a poor loss. I think Maryland is a better coached team, and their shooters are probably better than UNC, but SU can't leave UNC shooters open the way they did against the Terps, and expect that they will only score 5 goals again. Offense has to play smart, defense has to be patient and calm and the face-off group has to fight like heck to get possession.

Good post as usual, not a ton more to add as I think you summed up a lot of it.

I think the key concern is obviously the Faceoff X again. Richusa hasn't had a real horrible stretch until last week when he had 2 stretches where Wierman was winning them pretty easy with little resistance. When that happens there has to be a plan from the coaching staff. I don't care if its Gibbs, Fine, the Walk on or if you want Griffin Cook to go back to his Syracuse Smash days and take some draws, you have to come up with something. It's a bit disappointing that 2 staffs in a row seem determined to simply go with one guy regardless of success rate, time or score. It's confounding to be honest. I gave the example before but I remember watching Maryland about 4 years ago against Ierlan literally go to the 4th FOGO to try and get something going when Ierlan was just dominating and they finally hit on the 4th guy and once Ierlan was able to counter they went back to Shockey (who was the #1 guy at the time) and I think were able to get about 40% by the time the game was over. We blew Gibbs shirt on Saturday, might as well give him a handful of draws if Richusa struggles again. I do think its good that Richusa is battler out there but he cannot finally win a draw and then go full Daddio and panic and turn it over. We have to clean that up desperately.

Defensively we saw some cracks this weekend but the shot differential was more then double and the D had some stretches where Maryland was just playing make it and take it so you have to cut them some slack. Though the SSDM's struggled a bit but that's gonna happen at this level. Thought we saw some bad habits creep back in as a few possessions guys were sliding for no reason or the secondary slide was way late and Maryland got multiple WIDE open looks. That's not gonna work against any team at this level sans maybe Holy Cross. Still with Aviles out and the team facing its best offense by far I thought they held up fairly well when you consider the Faceoff discrepancy and ridiculous amount of penalties that I hope were a one off.

Regarding UNC I think as you noted above, SU has to be very slow to slide and force UNC to beat them off the dodge. They aren't a great dodging team but do have some skilled shooters and veterans who will capitalize big time off of mistakes. Mark who continues to be excellent will need to be ready as UNC will likely be firing away from distance most of the day. The particular matchups will be interesting especially if Egan is out again. As Powell noted Tillman is probably the main dodger but he's had so/so success so far. McGovern is actually the point and assist leader but most of his damage (4,2) was done against Mercer in the opening game. Goldsmith is a crafty veteran guy who will start at attack if Egan is out. I think he has seen time at midfield when Egan was healthy and UNC was running Egan, Tillman and McGovern as the starting attack. Egan has 2 goals each in the Mercer and Hop games but 0 assists. Egan being out again would be helpful but assuming he plays I think he's probably drawing Kol/Dwan. SU will then put Clary on Tillman and Caccamo on McGovern. Assuming Goldsmith is running with the middies he will surely draw the pole. If he's not out there I am unclear who SU will pole, the three listed starters have struggled to make much of an impact so far. Schertzinger is the most wll known name but he's hasn't registered a point since Mercer. DeMarco had 4 pts, SU may choose to poll him but I assume most teams are polling Schertzinger and taking their chances with DeMarco and Schwarz. Would really help if Aviles was back for this game.

One concern I have is UNC scoring on transition and fast breaks. Their SSDMs are good and will not hesitate to shoot. Be it Maher, English or someone else from their deep D-midfield. Tyeryar is not a big O guy like a Salla but he does have a goal on 4 shots so he clearly will let it rip. UNC also has guys on their 2nd mid line who can sling it like Zinsner and Goldsmith (when he's not taking Egan's spot on attack). SU will need to stay on hands and be slow to slide.

Offensively this is another tough matchup. As you outlined UNC has a really good keeper in Kreig and its SSDM's are veterans and really good. LSM has depth and skill as well, similar to facing Maryland. I do think UNC's poles while good aren't quite the cover guys Makar & Zap are, giving Spallina and Hiltz more ability to dodge then last week. I get your point on Hiltz but his one chink in the armor is that he isn't a great dodger. He can certainly do it but it's not his strong suit. I'd like to see Gait and March flip Simmons and Thomson and let Finn get some run at attack. Simmons has struggled to score at attack and played a lot of midfield at Denver. Thomson is drawing an LSM already anyway so by moving him your probably getting a teams third pole versus their top LSM. Overall the offense remains pretty good. Still working through some Freshmen mistakes with turnovers and quick shots but you saw what Leo can do last week and Birtwistle with a couple of ridiculous goals as well. The 2ndmidline is also producing and looking more and more comfortable out there, think they had 3 goals against Maryland, that's an enormous sign. Still would like to see Thomson getting more run at attack with Simmons bumping back up a bit. SU was able to score on Maryland but that was with Dolan, facing a similar D with Kreig will be interesting.

I think SU is rightfully favored but this will be a tough game if SU is under 25% again at the X. SU will need to limit turnovers and penalties as I think UNC will likely struggle to score for long stretches but will certainly capitalize on EMO's and fastbreaks.

Good post as usual, not a ton more to add as I think you summed up a lot of it.

I think the key concern is obviously the Faceoff X again. Richusa hasn't had a real horrible stretch until last week when he had 2 stretches where Wierman was winning them pretty easy with little resistance. When that happens there has to be a plan from the coaching staff. I don't care if its Gibbs, Fine, the Walk on or if you want Griffin Cook to go back to his Syracuse Smash days and take some draws, you have to come up with something. It's a bit disappointing that 2 staffs in a row seem determined to simply go with one guy regardless of success rate, time or score. It's confounding to be honest. I gave the example before but I remember watching Maryland about 4 years ago against Ierlan literally go to the 4th FOGO to try and get something going when Ierlan was just dominating and they finally hit on the 4th guy and once Ierlan was able to counter they went back to Shockey (who was the #1 guy at the time) and I think were able to get about 40% by the time the game was over. We blew Gibbs shirt on Saturday, might as well give him a handful of draws if Richusa struggles again. I do think its good that Richusa is battler out there but he cannot finally win a draw and then go full Daddio and panic and turn it over. We have to clean that up desperately.

Defensively we saw some cracks this weekend but the shot differential was more then double and the D had some stretches where Maryland was just playing make it and take it so you have to cut them some slack. Though the SSDM's struggled a bit but that's gonna happen at this level. Thought we saw some bad habits creep back in as a few possessions guys were sliding for no reason or the secondary slide was way late and Maryland got multiple WIDE open looks. That's not gonna work against any team at this level sans maybe Holy Cross. Still with Aviles out and the team facing its best offense by far I thought they held up fairly well when you consider the Faceoff discrepancy and ridiculous amount of penalties that I hope were a one off.

Regarding UNC I think as you noted above, SU has to be very slow to slide and force UNC to beat them off the dodge. They aren't a great dodging team but do have some skilled shooters and veterans who will capitalize big time off of mistakes. Mark who continues to be excellent will need to be ready as UNC will likely be firing away from distance most of the day. The particular matchups will be interesting especially if Egan is out again. As Powell noted Tillman is probably the main dodger but he's had so/so success so far. McGovern is actually the point and assist leader but most of his damage (4,2) was done against Mercer in the opening game. Goldsmith is a crafty veteran guy who will start at attack if Egan is out. I think he has seen time at midfield when Egan was healthy and UNC was running Egan, Tillman and McGovern as the starting attack. Egan has 2 goals each in the Mercer and Hop games but 0 assists. Egan being out again would be helpful but assuming he plays I think he's probably drawing Kol/Dwan. SU will then put Clary on Tillman and Caccamo on McGovern. Assuming Goldsmith is running with the middies he will surely draw the pole. If he's not out there I am unclear who SU will pole, the three listed starters have struggled to make much of an impact so far. Schertzinger is the most wll known name but he's hasn't registered a point since Mercer. DeMarco had 4 pts, SU may choose to poll him but I assume most teams are polling Schertzinger and taking their chances with DeMarco and Schwarz. Would really help if Aviles was back for this game.

One concern I have is UNC scoring on transition and fast breaks. Their SSDMs are good and will not hesitate to shoot. Be it Maher, English or someone else from their deep D-midfield. Tyeryar is not a big O guy like a Salla but he does have a goal on 4 shots so he clearly will let it rip. UNC also has guys on their 2nd mid line who can sling it like Zinsner and Goldsmith (when he's not taking Egan's spot on attack). SU will need to stay on hands and be slow to slide.

Offensively this is another tough matchup. As you outlined UNC has a really good keeper in Kreig and its SSDM's are veterans and really good. LSM has depth and skill as well, similar to facing Maryland. I do think UNC's poles while good aren't quite the cover guys Makar & Zap are, giving Spallina and Hiltz more ability to dodge then last week. I get your point on Hiltz but his one chink in the armor is that he isn't a great dodger. He can certainly do it but it's not his strong suit. I'd like to see Gait and March flip Simmons and Thomson and let Finn get some run at attack. Simmons has struggled to score at attack and played a lot of midfield at Denver. Thomson is drawing an LSM already anyway so by moving him your probably getting a teams third pole versus their top LSM. Overall the offense remains pretty good. Still working through some Freshmen mistakes with turnovers and quick shots but you saw what Leo can do last week and Birtwistle with a couple of ridiculous goals as well. The 2ndmidline is also producing and looking more and more comfortable out there, think they had 3 goals against Maryland, that's an enormous sign. Still would like to see Thomson getting more run at attack with Simmons bumping back up a bit. SU was able to score on Maryland but that was with Dolan, facing a similar D with Kreig will be interesting.

I think SU is rightfully favored but this will be a tough game if SU is under 25% again at the X. SU will need to limit turnovers and penalties as I think UNC will likely struggle to score for long stretches but will certainly capitalize on EMO's and fastbreaks.
Excellent comments. The only point I would make is that you said Richiusa didn't have a horrible stretch prior to MD. Unfortunately, Vermont, Albany and HC weren't stern tests - he will get them with Tyerar and Naso the next 2 games. As I said on another thread, this is baptism by fire for him and a huge headache for the coaches resulting from poor recruiting and bad luck over the past few years.

Excellent comments. The only point I would make is that you said Richiusa didn't have a horrible stretch prior to MD. Unfortunately, Vermont, Albany and HC weren't stern tests - he will get them with Tyerar and Naso the next 2 games. As I said on another thread, this is baptism by fire for him and a huge headache for the coaches resulting from poor recruiting and bad luck over the past few years.
Would call Burke and UVM a fairly stern test. Small sample size but the albany duo that he won 60% against went on to play Cornell even at the X on saturday. I really think he is a solid fogo who will improve in some of the non-clamp areas as the season goes on. Weirman and MD make quite a few fogo units look like ours did on Saturday. Wing play is a concern and we could really use Aviles back in the line up for several reasons against UNC.

unc is very underwhelming for what feels like the 5th or 6th year in a row. they were getting thoroughly handled by hopkins before the blue jays ran out of gas against the fresher team and then the heels were exposed against another big ten team coming off a normal week of rest. they have no offense to speak of. mcgovern is kind of water-buggy and he'll probably beat you for a goal or two but he's not going to take the game over. it's clear they needed dom petro to not get injured. he'd be starting on attack for them. that being said their defense does look improved from last year and krieg is solid in cage. i still say cuse wins something like 12-10

McGovern is a nice player to have if you have very good scorer's around him like Bryant had. He had Abladian and Mark Orourke who both scored over 40 goals a piece last yr. McGovern can handle the ball and facilitate but he's not a pure scorer like it seems NC is expecting from him. Last yr he had like 18 goals and 35 assists. He's not gonna be a top scorer and take over a game. He's also on the small side as in very light. What LIU did last yr was put there most physical pole on him and banged him around which disrupted there offense. LIU held them to 8 goals doing that. SU needs to play very physical with him and it will throw off there whole offense. Like I said he's a fine player and great to have if u have pure scorer's around him because he will feed them all game long. NC offense is struggling because he doesn't have that and he can't create and score on his own. He can score here and there but his game is more of 1 goal and 3 or 4 assists. If the Defense plays physical they can hold NC under 10. Just have to score on there tough D which I think the offense can def put up over 10 goals. Have to win this game and it's very winnable.

unc is very underwhelming for what feels like the 5th or 6th year in a row. they were getting thoroughly handled by hopkins before the blue jays ran out of gas against the fresher team and then the heels were exposed against another big ten team coming off a normal week of rest. they have no offense to speak of. mcgovern is kind of water-buggy and he'll probably beat you for a goal or two but he's not going to take the game over. it's clear they needed dom petro to not get injured. he'd be starting on attack for them. that being said their defense does look improved from last year and krieg is solid in cage. i still say cuse wins something like 12-10
agreed on their offense. unc has 60? guys, can seemingly recruit like no one's business, and you'd be hard pressed to figure out what they're doing on o and who's going to do it for them this year.

they've had their years in the wilderness since 2016 (and were fortunate to even be in the playoffs), but there's a sandwich around gray's first 1 1/2 years. they were very good. #1 seed in 2021, and in a tournament with lots of tight and 1 goal games, they played one too many of them. so it hasn't been systemic for all that time.

the strength of carolina for now seems obvious. f/o, defense and goal. shorties are very good and krieg has been more than solid, he's been great. don't know about the poles, but they must've improved, it seems.

not a buyer of the short on rest stuff, but each team has no mid-weeks for this game, so it's a non-topic. i'd be surprised if the game didn't come down to the end.

agreed on their offense. unc has 60? guys, can seemingly recruit like no one's business, and you'd be hard pressed to figure out what they're doing on o and who's going to do it for them this year.

they've had their years in the wilderness since 2016 (and were fortunate to even be in the playoffs), but there's a sandwich around gray's first 1 1/2 years. they were very good. #1 seed in 2021, and in a tournament with lots of tight and 1 goal games, they played one too many of them. so it hasn't been systemic for all that time.

the strength of carolina for now seems obvious. f/o, defense and goal. shorties are very good and krieg has been more than solid, he's been great. don't know about the poles, but they must've improved, it seems.

not a buyer of the short on rest stuff, but each team has no mid-weeks for this game, so it's a non-topic. i'd be surprised if the game didn't come down to the end.

I hope your surprised and SU is up 5 goals the last few minutes of the game. Lol i actually think there is a good chance SU wins by around 4 or 5. It all comes down to if the physical aggressive defense we saw the first 3 games shows up. They can really make it difficult for NC to score. If they can force them into taking bad shots would be big. As for the SU offense we need to see the ball movement Gait was preaching all preseason. Our middies won't be able to dodge and beat their SSDMS often. Move the ball and create good shots. The whole attack unit needs to play great this game. Would like to see Hitlz shoot more. Find ways to get him some good looks.

fair to wonder if breschi would still be the coach there if they didnt land gray? the 2020 and 2021 seasons sure would have looked different without him. you might be looking at six straight years of .500 records and no tourney wins. coaches at big time programs have been let go for less. the 2021 FF prob earned him some breathing room but i can't make sense of how bad their offense was last year with Gray still in the fold. isn't Metzy supposed to be the best O guy in the biz? he couldnt figure out how to make that work? something was amiss and they've picked up where they left off but now they dont have a Gray-like talent to bail them out

fair to wonder if breschi would still be the coach there if they didnt land gray? the 2020 and 2021 seasons sure would have looked different without him. you might be looking at six straight years of .500 records and no tourney wins. coaches at big time programs have been let go for less. the 2021 FF prob earned him some breathing room but i can't make sense of how bad their offense was last year with Gray still in the fold. isn't Metzy supposed to be the best O guy in the biz? he couldnt figure out how to make that work? something was amiss and they've picked up where they left off but now they dont have a Gray-like talent to bail them out
It's not just Gray that they miss, but also the midfield line from 2 seasons ago of Perry, Anderson, and Cook. Gray could only pick up so much of the production lost when those three finally moved on. That is the biggest difference between their final 4 run and last season--big drop off at O middie.

Agree D needs to play physical like first 3 games and contest every pass and catch just non stop on top of unc players wear them down hopefully. Also think once in while just to change it randomly d should go zone at times out of no where (not sure if our zone is terrible and that’s why or just trust guys man on man) just think can’t hurt to throw zone in now and again. Offense def needs to get ball moving around like the flashes early in season and think joey needs to be little more aware of when he’s doing these behind back shots or rushing shots early in possession. He’s young very smart sure he will learn think he’s just super hyped to finally be at cuse n play gets to excited. Maby some more two man games behind net with our shooters or finishers up top waiting for that slide and dump. This is def big game and really good use win. Also notice and wonder since played 2 games week before if team was little tired cause even olexo who’s normally hell cat didn’t seem to be running like mad man he usually is. Could just been since maryland want to slow things more being scared of that team which can see. Either way home come out with a win even better would be a decent size margin win like 5goals or more. Let’s go !

Syracuse did a really poor job of allowing wide open looks for Maryland shooters (another team that lacks dynamic dodgers).
Long is a dynamic dodger.
Erksa moved into the attack role this past weekend, because he is a good dodger.
J.Koras is pretty quick. He often uses his dodging in an off-ball manner.

Wow just watched the Lax Factor podcast and this guy just compared NC offense to Maryland. Said it's a tough game being NC has a great offense and if SU losses a lot of face offs again then we will lose because NC offense is just as good as Marylands. I just recently started watching some of his podcasts and he claims to be a Syracuse fan. I just can't believe he thinks NC offens is so good and pretty much the same as Marylands. Ohio State has a very good defense but there is no wayyyy they could hold Maryland to 5 goals like they just did to NC.

Has anyone ever watched this guy's podcasts? Is he legit because after what I just heard him say I wouldn't listen ever again. If anyone here knows he's legit I'll give him another shot. Lol

Wow just watched the Lax Factor podcast and this guy just compared NC offense to Maryland. Said it's a tough game being NC has a great offense and if SU losses a lot of face offs again then we will lose because NC offense is just as good as Marylands. I just recently started watching some of his podcasts and he claims to be a Syracuse fan. I just can't believe he thinks NC offens is so good and pretty much the same as Marylands. Ohio State has a very good defense but there is no wayyyy they could hold Maryland to 5 goals like they just did to NC.

Has anyone ever watched this guy's podcasts? Is he legit because after what I just heard him say I wouldn't listen ever again. If anyone here knows he's legit I'll give him another shot. Lol
He is a big Syracuse fan and has at times claimed to have inside sources to the team. While I've watched his podcast at times I can't vouch to how knowledgeable he really is. But based on what you say he says about NC (I haven't watched that one yet) he obviously didn't watch the same NC - OSU game on Sunday that I did. In that game at least, NC did not seem to have anywhere near the offense that Maryland has.

i watched same podcast what he said is unc operates kinda like maryland. Not that they are as good but the way unc offense suppose to work or schemes is like maryland kinda of he said. I watch him all time I enjoy him he’s knowledgeable enough sometimes will say things outrageous but most time will say it’s just his own thought or opinion. But he is def half right if get crushed at faceoffs again could be another lost def if have as many man downs as did at maryland.

He is a big Syracuse fan and has at times claimed to have inside sources to the team. While I've watched his podcast at times I can't vouch to how knowledgeable he really is. But based on what you say he says about NC (I haven't watched that one yet) he obviously didn't watch the same NC - OSU game on Sunday that I did. In that game at least, NC did not seem to have anywhere near the offense that Maryland has.

Yeah I watched a few episodes and liked them and not that I didn't like this last one but was just shocked at how good he thinks NC's offense is. Especially ok even if he feels they have some talent and there gonna be good but to say if SU loses a lot of face offs again then NC will win because there offense is pretty much the same as Marylands. Not only did Ohio State hold them to 5 but I kind of think if Hopkins didn't hit a wall at halftime after a grueling battle with Georgetown 2 days before then they might have only scored anywhere from 5 to 7 that game too. Like I said earlier if SU plays physical and aggressive like they did the first 3 games they will hold them under 10.

I also think as confident as Will Mark is I think his confidence grew from that Maryland game too. Everyone's question since he transferred to SU was how will he handle ACC and BIG TEN shooters. Well he faced the defending champs and made 18 saves. I'm sure deep in his mind he knows he can handle any shooterss just as good as he always has. He might even play with more confidence now. That kid is special., I kept telling everyone and couldn't wait until everyone saw for themselves.,

i watched same podcast what he said is unc operates kinda like maryland. Not that they are as good but the way unc offense suppose to work or schemes is like maryland kinda of he said. I watch him all time I enjoy him he’s knowledgeable enough sometimes will say things outrageous but most time will say it’s just his own thought or opinion. But he is def half right if get crushed at faceoffs again could be another lost def if have as many man downs as did at maryland.

Oh ok I thought right when he cut off he said they were like Maryland but I guess he said they operate like Maryland. Yeah I started to watch him a few weeks ago and do enjoy his shows. Thanks for clearing that up and I'll keep watching him now that I know he's legit.

Yeah I watched a few episodes and liked them and not that I didn't like this last one but was just shocked at how good he thinks NC's offense is. Especially ok even if he feels they have some talent and there gonna be good but to say if SU loses a lot of face offs again then NC will win because there offense is pretty much the same as Marylands. Not only did Ohio State hold them to 5 but I kind of think if Hopkins didn't hit a wall at halftime after a grueling battle with Georgetown 2 days before then they might have only scored anywhere from 5 to 7 that game too. Like I said earlier if SU plays physical and aggressive like they did the first 3 games they will hold them under 10.

I also think as confident as Will Mark is I think his confidence grew from that Maryland game too. Everyone's question since he transferred to SU was how will he handle ACC and BIG TEN shooters. Well he faced the defending champs and made 18 saves. I'm sure deep in his mind he knows he can handle any shooterss just as good as he always has. He might even play with more confidence now. That kid is special., I kept telling everyone and couldn't wait until everyone saw for themselves.,
Great post. I agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom